“OK place to stay for one night”

Motel 6 Billings North
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Stayed here one night on way to WA. My husband was able to secure a cheap rate ($58) at front desk, and the other hotels in the area we check on were really expensive. Hallway was a bit shabby, and the room was just OK, clean enough as I always wear my house shoes and we take our own blankets and pillows. Would not recommend this hotel for a vacation or anything special, but was OK for one night. If in the area again, I would recommend paying more for a nicer hotel like Hampton Inn. This Red Roof is in a scuzzy location off of the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2008

Never had an experience quite like this stay, the rooms were beyond filthy, right down to dirty linens on the beds, food on the floor, cigarette butts on the floor. The bath area had not been cleaned at all, we didn't even get maid service during our 2 day stay. I have tried to contact the company twice and had no response.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank BelleSD
Reviewed 4 March 2008

The hallways had a musty, dirty feel to them which worried me, but the room was clean and comfortable. We reserved for 1 adult and 2 kids, but only had towels for 2. The pool area was dark and small but the water very warm and worked to let the kids let off some steam. Not for swimming laps- plus the overchlorination would kill your eyes. Overall, not bad for one night, and it cost us 54.99 so it was certainly a decent deal for the money.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank HW-74
Reviewed 3 November 2007

My son and I stayed for 3 days, friday evening to monday morning. Upong leaving the room for breakfast at 8:15 sunday morning and returning about 11am, we found that a digital camera, slippers and shower shoes had been stolen within minutes of us leaving the room.

The key card reader indicated entry by the staff at 8:20am!

A police report was made but as of now, 1 week later, we have not gotten any response from Red Roof Inn. Their attitude was that they have had a problem with one of the employees being suspected of thefts but they couldn't prove it.

Now they have proof but still nothing done except to give us a deduction of one nights rent as compensation. That hardly makes up for the theft or allowing the theft to occur. No more Red Roof Inn for me.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank ottof
Reviewed 12 July 2007

Let's start the moment we arrive. We reserved the room from the hotel's website and the confirmation clearly stated "Deluxe 2 full beds, non-smoking, micro-fridge. Well the clerk tells us only a smoking room is available and that just because we did the reservation on Red Roof Inn website it does not guarantee the type of room you will get. Well, all hotels were filled up so we kept the room. What a mistake. No micro-fridge. Though the room did not smell too bad the hallway smelled like 10 year old cigarette smoke. YUK. When ready for bed we pulled back the sheets my kids noticed the pillowcases looked dirty and smelled smoky. So I call the front desk and after 20 rings and no response I went downstairs to get clean pillowcases. Get to the front desk and not a soul in the building. Guess where the two clerks were? Outside, at the front, smoking. One finally notices me and gets clean pillowcases. Then the A/C would cut off but would not turn back on so when it got so hot that it would wake me I would have to turn it OFF and then ON for it to start cooling again. Had to do that all night long. Least to say I didn't get much sleep. And the lights filtering through the windows. My husband finally around 2am got all the bath towels and tried stuffing them on the top of the curtain rod to block out some of the light. We hated the room. When I got home I immediately e-mailed the vice-president of operations, never received an apology or even an acknowledgement of receiving my concerns with his employees. I also went to Red Roof Inn website and did a complaint. We received an apology letter and a voucher for a one night stay at any Red Roof Inn. Wheee.... a night at a Red Roof Inn!!!! NOT.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank TexanTravels
Reviewed 5 May 2007

Cheap hotel price made me stay there...room was ok...bedding was neat and clean....access to hotel is also not too bad

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Schaann
Reviewed 9 March 2007

This has to be the worst hotel experience ever!! We have stayed in hotels all over the world from friendly mom and pops motels to the Four Seasons and nobody has ever treated us like this! First of all we made reservations a month in advance because of state basketball tournament for three nights, two rooms. We reserved with a credit card and called four days in advance to confirm a price of 63 per night including tax. Called again the night before and found out that only 2 of 3 nights were booked. When we questioned this they said they did have rooms the third night but the total price was higher. By $24 / night /room on BOTH Fri and Sat. They had increased the price because it was an "event" weekend without telling us on the two previous phone calls and at the time of the original reservation. They knew we couldn't find anywhere else to stay at that late date so we were stuck with the bait and switch. We left several messages with the manager who never returned the calls and was always "at a meeting". Then, the first night of our stay,the front desk "hostess" came to our rooms and tried to kick us out at 10 PM because the lady across the hall complained about our doors opening and closing. We had been sitting in our rooms watching TV!!. Its no surprise the lady heard noise because the walls are paper thin as many others have already mentioned in their reviews of this place. The "hostess" never called us to quiet down or say that there had been a complaint. When we told her we expected a full refund if we were forced to leave she refused and said she was calling the cops!! Then when other people up and down the hall opened their doors to see what she was screaming about she started yelling "get your stuff your out of here too", to them. Then she yelled at a little kid walking down the hall with a bagel in his hand that he had to get out too!! Clearly, this woman was having a very bad day and needs to find a less demanding job. The cops never materialized, nor did a real manager. We knew this place was cheap (at least the first quote was) but did not expect this harassment or rudeness. We're stuck here tonight but are trying to find somewhere else to stay the next 2 nights. Anywhere but here....

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family