“Regulars no more”

Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Billings
New Zealand
“Regulars no more”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Every year my husband and I begin another our 5 we annual motorcycle holiday in Billings. Every year we stay the first and last night at Motel 6 - every year it has been ideal until this year. Check in was very good and efficient but that was where it ended. Our room was down the end and upstairs - the stairs were littered with trash, dirty and had empty beer bottles on them. Our room was the usual but with thread bare towels, extremely dirty windows, the two flat pillows had an odd musty smell and did the sheets were worn and become stained. There was also an usual and unpleasant smell on top of the old smoke and animal smell which we couldn't figure out. However, tired we went to bed only to have the young people next door turn their music ( Well noisy rap) up full volume and then start partying just as loud. this went on till early hours of the morning and due to the nature of what their conversation was we did not feel able to complain nor approach them - thus a fairly sleepless night. In the morning we noticed there seemed to be more permanent or long term residents than in other years and also evidence of drug use. we were so disappointed with this stay that we decided not to return again and chose to pay a little bit more and stay elsewhere on our return. As we left and did a room check we found the cause of the unknown smell to be a rotting banana skin and other rubbish under the bed!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mechelle M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place is a dump. I should have left before checking in as a U.S. Marshall was inquiring about a guest at the front desk. It was late so I decided to stay. Upon entering the room there was a damp sour smell that went away after I shut off the A/C and opened a window. The bed spread had visible stains so I took that off and put it in the corner. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. The hotel seems to cater to construction crews and in the room next to me they were up until 1:30. I then I tried the front desk and finally gave up and called the room myself. That just moved the party outside below my room. They were smoking meth as I saw the glass pipe. DO NOT STAY HERE... IT IS NOT SAFE !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank P H

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Billings, Montana
Reviewed 30 July 2014

first showed up to see blood stained pillows...i have only had my room serviced 1 time in 2 months, though requests for fresh linens were asked, that only happened one time in over 6 weeks, occasionally my towels were changed, but i was lucky if it was weekly. the price was reasonable for the going rate in billings during the summer, but high for any other city. wouldn't recommend staying here unless the other hotels are booked full like they are now

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Austin_885
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked a room through our account with Motel 6 and advised we would not be arriving until approximately 6:00 pm - 3 hours after their advertised check-in time. We received a confirmation number and felt all was in order. When we arrived at 6:00 pm, the clerk advised our room was not ready and she had no idea as to when it would be. She didn't even bother to check with the cleaning staff. She claimed they had been very busy that day. Not wishing to wait, we took a room at the Kelly Inn, just across the way from Motel 6. Though the room cost us about $60 more, it was worth it to be treated properly. Shortly after check-in at the Kelly Inn, we had a call from Motel 6 advising our room was ready. We told them to keep it and cancelled. In hindsight, we should have read the reviews on Trip Advisor!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ian K
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week a couple of weeks ago- I had reservations at another place that got really messed up! We had several rooms and were quite frazzled by the time we talked to this motel-the manager was so friendly and helpful! The place was packed with storm repair workers and tourists standing in line impatiently waiting for rooms and she tried very hard to accommodate us. Her name was Julie and the entire time we stayed there she was courteous and cheerful and calm. Believe me, Billings this time of year is usually hectic, but this time it was worse! During my stay I saw housekeeping hiring and trying to train new ones as fast as they could- the head housekeeper is named Brandi and she was also just amazing! The motel was organized as well as it was possible and Motel 6 should not lose these two fantastic people!!! This motel has slightly larger rooms than the usual with hard wood floors and modern decor. They also have and indoor pool and are fairly close to all the good places!flat screen TVs and clean bathrooms /with tubs. I would stay here again if Julie is still the GM especially...oh no! What if she gets promoted...!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Alboise1
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was fooled after I created an account with Motel 6. I searched for a hotel in Billings, MT to stay cheap (just needed a bed and hot shower) and was taken in by the claim of of modern rooms thinking the motel was new (Motel 6, Property 1150)

I arrived at 6pm local time on the evening of my reservation (July 6, 2014) and the clerk entered my info into their system, and I swiped my credit card to pay. She then told me my room was not ready yet. Knowing it was a Sunday and maybe they were short of help, I agreed to leave and get supper if she would call me when it's ready. I never heard back from her and called her myself about two hours later.

The room appeared to have been painted, but wasn't anything comfortable or what appeared to be MODERN. In fact, the air conditioner fan appeared to be failing as it would whine for a while, then stop--regardless what setting the A/C was using.

I am not sure why this room wasn't cleaned correctly, but the toilet was filthy, the tub had hair in it, and there was a beverage/sticky ring on the bedside table.

Furthermore, the hallway, pool area, and laundry room were littered with food scraps and trash. One entrance had a rug bunched up as a tripping hazard.

The parking lots around the building had people sitting on the pavement, and I wasn't sure if they were even motel customers.

I realize that that $81 will not get you a whole lot in Billings, but for those people traveling through who just want a clean room with no frills, I would suggest to suck it up and pay double for a nicer place or keep driving up the road.

I did fill out an email-linked evaluation stating my displeasure, and received what looks like a generic email from the onsite manager stating they would address the issues.

I reluctantly would give these folks the benefit of the doubt that they will address these issues, and fix these issues, but I won't stay here again. Period. Why this room was not ready by 8pm is beyond me--it's a heck of a way to run a business.

It shouldn't be difficult to meet minimum standards of cleanliness for rooms and motel grounds. I was very disappointed with this property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Japheaux
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We travel quite a bit and are pretty much okay with staying anywhere, especially if it saves a buck or two. However this place was just too much. I figured since it was recently remodeled it would be one of the nicer cheap motels. Sure, the rooms were nice enough but there were homeless people cooking outside the door at night, strung out meth heads hanging out on the curbs in the parking lot, etc. When we left in the morning, the van right next to us had broken windows, Walmart hangers and garbage hanging falling out of it (homeless party van?). Totally not a safe place. I felt like I was back in the ghetto of Tacoma.

Thank God my husband and I both carry 45s.

Save yourself the stress and do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2014