“Absolutely disgusted”

Motel 6 Billings North
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here August 23rd. I will admit I don't like cheap motels but I had stayed in one in Missoula the week prior and was on a tight budget. I should have run when I walked in. It was about 930 pm and there were loud guys at the end of the hall. They were still cleaning rooms and had to check and see if mine was done yet. Walking to my room I could see why. The housekeeper was on the phone arguing with her boyfriend. The girl at the front desk walked up to her and took the phone. Not to put it away but to talk to him too. They both were apparently friends with the loud guys down the hall, who remained loud until 1030ish. The hallways were disgusting but don't worry! They vacuumed those at 10pm!!?!?! The room was updated which was the only plus. The walls clearly had never been cleaned, I refused to use the disgusting shower, and the top cover on the bed had stains. When we woke up in the morning our clothes stunk like cigarettes and mold. We were in a non smoking room!!! We will never stay there again. I let the front desk know how gross the place was and she said, what do you want me to do about it?

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Veronika H
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Billings North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Veronika, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on that commitment during your recent stay from the inconveniences you describe. We strongly encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your experience to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

room was clean and got crib as requested,but these were the only positives.request for a sheet for the crib was refused without looking for one,and was very reluctantly given an old towel instead.area seemed a bit rough on arrival in dark but less so in daylight..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This place had the filthiest floors of any motel I have ever stayed at. After complaining to the front desk, the housekeepers finally did a cursory vacuuming of the hallway carpets. They got up most of the stuff , but not all. The only saving grace about this place was Amber, who was helpful and sympathetic. Also, the shower had mold starting on the grout. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ninetyninevette
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Well to begin with I am a disabled vet.I requested a room to acomadate my needs.they got that part right, but did not tell me I was to deal with black mold in room 134. The bathroom was filthy . Dirty hair all over the wet floor.they also said they will always have coffee available. Maybe when the help is not outside smoking right at the front entrance.don't get me wrong ... I smoke to but, for those that don't smoke.... well I am sure it is discusting.
When you call for room service several times with no response and OK to the front deck for help and there outside with all there buddies smoking.... well you find this as verry un professional. All the noise in the back parking lot ....well that must be where all the late night partiers must hang out. I could say more , but you probably don't have enough time to hear of all the horrors of this place. I guess I would rather stay in a truck stop parking lot the next time . This is just an honest fact for myself. Hope you folks don't have to put up with this place. Should be reported to motel 6 executives, and public health.

Room Tip: Find a different motel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank tj r
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Billings North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

tj r, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced as a result of the cleanliness concerns and service issues you had which resulted in your unpleasant stay. These issues are an exception to our guest commitment and we would like the opportunity to have a record of your stay with Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864, so that we can further address your visit and offer better service to our guests in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The front desk people were rude and didn't care about any issues. The sheets were blood stained and the room was dirty. The shower put out very little water pressure. The WiFi had to be paid for.... We had to wash cloths as we got stuck in a rain storm on the motorcycle and they do offer a washing machine and dryer but the dryer took 3 hours to dry 3 pairs of pants... Terrible place, but its a motel 6 what do you expect... The commercial says " ill leave the light on for you" Well DON'T... Ill never stay in and motel 6 again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ken C
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Every year my husband and I begin another our 5 we annual motorcycle holiday in Billings. Every year we stay the first and last night at Motel 6 - every year it has been ideal until this year. Check in was very good and efficient but that was where it ended. Our room was down the end and upstairs - the stairs were littered with trash, dirty and had empty beer bottles on them. Our room was the usual but with thread bare towels, extremely dirty windows, the two flat pillows had an odd musty smell and did the sheets were worn and become stained. There was also an usual and unpleasant smell on top of the old smoke and animal smell which we couldn't figure out. However, tired we went to bed only to have the young people next door turn their music ( Well noisy rap) up full volume and then start partying just as loud. this went on till early hours of the morning and due to the nature of what their conversation was we did not feel able to complain nor approach them - thus a fairly sleepless night. In the morning we noticed there seemed to be more permanent or long term residents than in other years and also evidence of drug use. we were so disappointed with this stay that we decided not to return again and chose to pay a little bit more and stay elsewhere on our return. As we left and did a room check we found the cause of the unknown smell to be a rotting banana skin and other rubbish under the bed!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mechelle M
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place is a dump. I should have left before checking in as a U.S. Marshall was inquiring about a guest at the front desk. It was late so I decided to stay. Upon entering the room there was a damp sour smell that went away after I shut off the A/C and opened a window. The bed spread had visible stains so I took that off and put it in the corner. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. The hotel seems to cater to construction crews and in the room next to me they were up until 1:30. I then I tried the front desk and finally gave up and called the room myself. That just moved the party outside below my room. They were smoking meth as I saw the glass pipe. DO NOT STAY HERE... IT IS NOT SAFE !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business