“If only I read the other reviews before staying at this awful joint...”

Motel 6 Billings North
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Billings
taylor, texas
“If only I read the other reviews before staying at this awful joint...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2007

Let's start the moment we arrive. We reserved the room from the hotel's website and the confirmation clearly stated "Deluxe 2 full beds, non-smoking, micro-fridge. Well the clerk tells us only a smoking room is available and that just because we did the reservation on Red Roof Inn website it does not guarantee the type of room you will get. Well, all hotels were filled up so we kept the room. What a mistake. No micro-fridge. Though the room did not smell too bad the hallway smelled like 10 year old cigarette smoke. YUK. When ready for bed we pulled back the sheets my kids noticed the pillowcases looked dirty and smelled smoky. So I call the front desk and after 20 rings and no response I went downstairs to get clean pillowcases. Get to the front desk and not a soul in the building. Guess where the two clerks were? Outside, at the front, smoking. One finally notices me and gets clean pillowcases. Then the A/C would cut off but would not turn back on so when it got so hot that it would wake me I would have to turn it OFF and then ON for it to start cooling again. Had to do that all night long. Least to say I didn't get much sleep. And the lights filtering through the windows. My husband finally around 2am got all the bath towels and tried stuffing them on the top of the curtain rod to block out some of the light. We hated the room. When I got home I immediately e-mailed the vice-president of operations, never received an apology or even an acknowledgement of receiving my concerns with his employees. I also went to Red Roof Inn website and did a complaint. We received an apology letter and a voucher for a one night stay at any Red Roof Inn. Wheee.... a night at a Red Roof Inn!!!! NOT.

• Liked — Easy access
  • Disliked — The cigarette smoke smell
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TexanTravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2007

Cheap hotel price made me stay there...room was ok...bedding was neat and clean....access to hotel is also not too bad

• Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Schaann
big sky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2007

This has to be the worst hotel experience ever!! We have stayed in hotels all over the world from friendly mom and pops motels to the Four Seasons and nobody has ever treated us like this! First of all we made reservations a month in advance because of state basketball tournament for three nights, two rooms. We reserved with a credit card and called four days in advance to confirm a price of 63 per night including tax. Called again the night before and found out that only 2 of 3 nights were booked. When we questioned this they said they did have rooms the third night but the total price was higher. By $24 / night /room on BOTH Fri and Sat. They had increased the price because it was an "event" weekend without telling us on the two previous phone calls and at the time of the original reservation. They knew we couldn't find anywhere else to stay at that late date so we were stuck with the bait and switch. We left several messages with the manager who never returned the calls and was always "at a meeting". Then, the first night of our stay,the front desk "hostess" came to our rooms and tried to kick us out at 10 PM because the lady across the hall complained about our doors opening and closing. We had been sitting in our rooms watching TV!!. Its no surprise the lady heard noise because the walls are paper thin as many others have already mentioned in their reviews of this place. The "hostess" never called us to quiet down or say that there had been a complaint. When we told her we expected a full refund if we were forced to leave she refused and said she was calling the cops!! Then when other people up and down the hall opened their doors to see what she was screaming about she started yelling "get your stuff your out of here too", to them. Then she yelled at a little kid walking down the hall with a bagel in his hand that he had to get out too!! Clearly, this woman was having a very bad day and needs to find a less demanding job. The cops never materialized, nor did a real manager. We knew this place was cheap (at least the first quote was) but did not expect this harassment or rudeness. We're stuck here tonight but are trying to find somewhere else to stay the next 2 nights. Anywhere but here....

• Liked — ???
  • Disliked — Rude staff
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank fireray

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2006

There was a group of us that were scheduled to stay at this hotel for a soccer tournament. First when we checked in they had cancelled my room and the other individuals rooms were not cleaned because there housekeeper walked out.. Secondly I paid cash for my room and they still charged my credit card... I am still fighting with them and it has been a week. DEFINITELY A NO!!!!

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Granby, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2005

We just needed a place to stay for a couple of nights prior to heading out to Yellowstone. The hotel was very dirty, carpet turned our socks black, and the blankets on the bed were filthy (someone else's hair on the middle blanket and yellow stains on the top quilt). The hotel does not have an elevator, so lugging bags up a narrow stairway is fun. You also have to walk through the maid's smoke at the back door to get into the hotel. I know this is a cheaper hotel, but basic courtesy and cleanliness should be a given for $50/night.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank lolaarc
Powell, Wy.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2004

The Billings Red Roof Inn seemed like an economical place to simply lay our heads for the night. It proved to be a poor choice, however. Upon checking into our double room, the first thing I saw was a huge wad of bright pink bubblegum stuck to the top of my headboard. How housekeeping could've changed the bedlinenes without seeing it is amazing!! It was disgusting! The overall cleanliness was pretty poor. The hallways looked like they needed a thorough vacuuming. The people in reception did move us into a different room, but I'll NEVER stay there again. Also, my phone call of complaint to Red Roof corp. headquarters resulted in nothing more than a form letter response, so I guess they really don't care.

5 Thank WyoGretchen
ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2004

Red Roof is along I-94, yet it was pretty quiet and isolated from the rest of the Midland Rd hotels. Rooms were clean and well maintained though small, staff was friendly, and pool was alittle bit smaller also. We stay in Billings multiple times a year and have stayed in pretty much all the hotels, give this one a 6/10. IF its to only to sleep price is definitely right -- with our travel discount $47 +tax.
You won't get the hotel perks here like Holiday, etc. but its definitely worth the money.

3 Thank tagax3