“Good motel, just what is needed.”
Review of Western Inn Motel

Western Inn Motel
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Good motel, just what is needed.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were passing through and needed a good hotel room that was a good value. This place has everything you need and they are very nice. Nothing fancy, but clean, everything in working condition, comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
max c, Public Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Western Inn Billings. We thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this wonderful review. We hope to see you next time you visit Billings. Have a wonderful day.
Western Inn Billings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was around Billings and I urgently needed a place to stay. I found Western Inn Motel and I'm glad to say I had a really good one night's stay, considering the decent price tag it had! The breakfast and room service were great and I enjoyed them very much. Definitely will be going there again with my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
max c, Public Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Western Inn Billings. We greatly thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review. It means a lot to all of us here. We hope to see you soon next time you visit Billings.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Arriving here after a full.day in the car we were dissatisfied with the motel. We asked to cancel and they refused. We were told there was room for pets and a uhaul. We had to take the dogs down the road to a church and we had to park in the street. (This motel.is downtown) They claimed to have surveillance monitoring the entire property, that was false. Our room smelled of cologne and cigarettes. The curtains were pulled out of the wall and hanging diagonally across the window. There was duct tape on the tv stand and the toilet didn't flush. For 110 a night I would have expected far better than this. If you want courteous service and a clean, safe location...look elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Valerie R
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Western Inn Billings. Sorry you were dissatisfied, but please do not provide false information online. The hotel indeed has a 24 hour surveillance system, which we cannot go into detail about for security reasons. Other than that, all of the rooms are checked thoroughly by our housekeeping supervisors, to make sure that all of the amenities in the room(flatscreen TV, microwave, minifridge, showers, sinks, toilets, curtains, etc.) are clean and rentable to guests. The TV stands are securely fastened into the walls with screws, the curtains are also securely fastened into the walls, NOT hanging diagonally over the window. The price per night does not exceed $100 unless special events are going on that day.Also, if you would have alerted the management about the problems, they would gladly change your room. We hope to see you back soon.
Western Inn Billings

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Houston, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice and quiet location but the parking lot is way to small and the motel needs some serious updating. Toilet paper holder was about to fall off wall, window shades and curtains wouldn't open since equipment was broken. The shower took several minutes to drain nothing like standing in ankle deep water while trying to take a shower.

I believe that if they want to gain repeat customers they need to seriously update and clean up.
The bathroom floor had hair on it and in the corners, so that was an indication of poor housekeeping.

Our first and last visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miles F
max c, Public Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Western Inn Billings. I am not sure when you have stayed, or which hotel you stayed at, but if you stayed recently with us you would notice that everything has been remodeled.
Also, our housekeeping supervisors make sure that everything is working perfectly and is clean. Including all of the amenities such as, the hot water, air conditioning, free wifi, flatscreen TV(with expanded cable package), microwave, minifridge, comfortable matresses, coffee pots. We hope that you have discussed this with the management, because im sure they would have been glad to change your room. We hope to see you back some time soon.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was one out of the very many we have stayed in this holiday that didn't charge the amount we were expecting they added on charges, When we questioned it the young woman was quite defensive, in over 3 months of travel the ONLY hotel to do so.
Having said that the hotel was clean quiet and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
max c, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and our pleasant customer service. Western Inn always trys to make our guest's stay enjoyable and comfortable! Thank you once again! "Your home away from home!"
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband loved this place and so did I. This motel has very generous and nice staff. The room, services and food were just fine. I will definitely refer this motel to my friends and relatives back home. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here... Thank you :)

• Stayed February 2014
max c, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we highly appreciate it. At Western Inn, we are glad we can provide you with great customer service, a safe and friendly environment, and comfortable rooms. We hope you visit soon, and safe travels! Thanks once again! "Your home Away From Home."
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Do not stay here thinking you will get a good deal. We ended up paying 50% more than we expected after the fees, it was dirty, and the customer service was the worst I've ever had at a hotel.

I should have listened to the other reviews on here, but we were driving from Colorado and only needed to stay from 9 pm to 8 am. I read the review about the extra $3 fee and was prepared to pay that. Tripadvisor listed the room at $51. Then it took me to booking.com where it was $65, which I had to reserve by giving my credit card info. I saw the small print about the credit card fee, and extra fees for having more than one child, or a pet. They said you could reserve a crib so I requested one to be reserved for us in my comments.

When we got there, the lady at the front desk seemed nice enough. Until she told me the crib would cost us an extra $16 to use. I said I didn't see that there was an extra charge so we'd just do without. She went and asked the manager and said it was too late because it was already set up and we had to pay. Even when I refused, stating that the site never warned there would be a fee for this she said it was included in the overarching small print of "additional fees may apply."

Normally I would just go to another hotel, but it was 9pm and they already had our credit card info and we couldn't cancel through booking.com. We had to pay over $97, because of the credit card fee, crib fee and taxes ( which I was confused by because booking.com said taxes were included in the $67).

I was crying at the front desk because I was so tired and this woman was so rude and uncaring. Obviously, if I would have known we were going to have to pay $97 we would have gone somewhere nicer.

The room was relatively clean, besides the giant stains on the carpet and pubic hair on the floor in the bathroom. Wallpaper and baseboards were peeling off, one of our nightstands had been completely ripped out and removed, and there were random little holes in the ceiling.

The whole time I was afraid to do anything, I thought if I opened a bar of soap they would charge us an "additional fee" when we checked out. I felt very swindled with this hotel and will NOT stay there ever again.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Lp22g
max c, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your biased review, we appreciate it. All of these fees are CLEARLY listed on Booking.com, an it even specifically lists a fee for additional services. You requested an additional service, therefore you were charged for it, plain and simple. You can't just simply say you don't want the crib anymore when someone has put in the work just for your convenience and comfort. Also, if there was something wrong with your room, why not inform management? In conclusion, all of this could have definitely been avoided if you just took the time to read all the fees included. Thank you for your time, valued customer.