“VACA” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Elma, Washington, United States
“VACA”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

NASTY!! I don't know where they got that photo from, but it sure isn't this Hotel. Carpet in room was horribly dirty, no nothing in room, not even toiletries (there was a bar of soap), iif you wanted internet it was 2.99 extra (really?). Burn hole in comforter, horrible reception on crappy 20 yr old 19" tv., should I keep going? I am assuming that Hotel 6's are owned independently, so who ever is in charge of standards needs to slap these people. Ya, unless you are desperate move along.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ThePirate B
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Billings - South, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear ThePirate B - Thanks for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness, bedding conditions and TV reception issues you experienced. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

After checking into this motel, it quickly became clear it was $80 of wasted money for my son and me to stay the one night. I will admit the room appeared clean (thank goodness), but the entire motel had a smoky/musty smell (our room was non-smoking). Our room was extremely spartan: no coffee maker, no refrigerator, no microwave, no hair dryer, no kleenex, one used soap! It was the bare minimum. The beds were okay but the pillows resembled the hilly countryside we had just travelled through as did the muscles in our necks the next morning after our terrible night's sleep. We were originally told internet access could be purchased but this was not true as they were "out of access codes", and the computer could "not be accessed for more codes". No free breakfast in the morning completed our worst motel stay ever. The only redeeming feature was the Cracker Barrel Restaurant next door! This will absolutely be the last time we EVER stay at a Motel 6. Sleeping in our car would be a huge improvement! My son and I have laughed many times already over this terrible motel stay, so it did serve some useful purpose :)

Room Tip: I would avoid this motel if at all possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank pat k
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Billings - South, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear pat k - We sincerely apologize for your recent unpleasant experience with us; the unavailable Wi-Fi service, odor and comfort issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Regarding the lack of a microwave, coffee maker, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were on motorcycles weather was bad we had to stay. First the staff was very friendly. The rooms are run down hair in the shower sheets do not fit. Noticed the mattres because the sheet came off , it was discusting. Carpet dirty, Owners need to spend money on cleaning rooms. I would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank dolmc
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Billings - South, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear dolmc - Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for recognizing our friendly team. We apologize for the room conditions and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay; these issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My son was biten by bed bugs in this hotel and now has MRSA has been in and out of the hospital since june 14th and we made a complaint then few days later the hotel called us liars and tossed out our claim. My son does not deserve this he is only 3 months old!!!!!! We will never stay here EVER again!!!

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank TKGBM
salt lake city, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

this is for the motel6 billings (north). not the one accross the street. this is an excellent motel. newly remodeled. 32" flat screen tv's. shower/tub combo. I read on here someone said the internet was free at this motel (vs. the motel 6 across the street where it isn't free). however, if that was the case before, it isn't anymore (as of june 2013). as I did have to pay the $2.99 fee to get internet. the one thing I've never cared for at motel 6's is the bed matresses. I stayed at a sleep inn once and sept like a baby (matresses where much higher quality). however motel 6....not so much. although price is most important to me so it's no big deal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Independence, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

This review is for the "North" location at 5353 Midland Rd.
My husband and I drove from Missouri to Washington on our move across the country, and we stayed in four Motel 6's along the way. Part of this was because they were dirt cheap, and the other part was because we had a 60 lb. black lab traveling with us, and all Motel 6's (to my knowledge) allow big dogs. Having stayed at a variety of Motel 6's both along the way and prior to our trip, I have to say that this was by FAR the nicest Motel 6 I have ever stayed in! Granted, it's a Motel 6- they don't have all of the bells and whistles. Yes, internet is extra. No, they don't have a refrigerator or microwave. But they had clean, comfortable beds, and their decor was surprisingly modern (love the lime green walls!). We were so glad we went with our gut and came to this one instead of the one across the street which looked a bit sketchier (at least from the outside). For a cheap, comfortable place to sleep, we would definitely come here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Celeste T
salt lake city, UT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

wi fi access is critical as I am a business traveler. and I do travel with my iphone and laptop (both of which I use for email on a nightly basis). I paid extra for the wi fi thinking any devices I had in my room would get internet access. unfortunately, they did not communicate clearly (or at all for that matter) that the $2.99 was PER DEVICE. that should be made very clear on motel6.com (and at the motel itself) yet it WAS NOT communicated at either place. there are many business travelers that want wi fi access for their iphone/pda AND laptop. so why motel 6 (in this high tech age) chose not to communicate this clearly is beyond me. I did call and complain, but they didn't seem to concerned about it. maybe they figure it's unjustified. I'll let you be the judge.

Room Tip: $2.99 WI FI is for ONE DEVICE ONLY. I am not sure if this is a MOTEL 6 corporate policy or strictly...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business