“Couldn't ask for more”

Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Maryland
“Couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Great, clean, modern hotel; very near Billings-Logan airport, so very convenient. Free shuttle will pick you up at the airport (in minutes!) and also take you back in plenty of time for your flight out (even if you are, like us, booked on a 6 a.m. flight!). Couldn't be friendlier or more accommodating; we left too early for breakfast, but they gave us a bag snack to take with us (juice, muffin granola bar, apple). Free coffee and drinks in lobby all day; coffee maker in room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allen W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Purpose of stay was originally to see a gig at the Metrapark. The gig was later cancelled but we decided to continue with the stay to recover for a day or so during a frantic US trip. Hotel is ideally situated for airport and metrapark (across the road), and has a free shuttle service to the airport and anywhere you would like in the area, which is ideal for travellers without a car and not wanting to pay expensive cab fare.
The rooms themselves were really comfortable and a fair size, and we never had a problem with noise as some previous reviews had stated.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel itself had a pool and all the areas were spotless.
The breakfast was outstanding, as were the cookies before bed and we were both pleased and astounded that there were complimentary drinks available, the lemonade was delicious.
Overall amazing value for money and one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It was simply faultless. We never checked to see if there was wifi in the rooms, but there was a computer in the lobby that was free of charge.
Across the road was a great place for food called Appleby's.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skylar09
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Great, comfortable motel, with wonderful beds. The motel was fairly noisy, as the Fair was going on, and the motel is on a very busy intersection. Other than that, no complaints, great motel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Enjoyed our stay - will stay there again without hesitation!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Clean, quiet, comfortable, and a good value. Everything (except the breakfast bar, which was okay) was a notch or two above the standard fare. Roomy with extra comfy beds, a fridge and microwave. The staff was especially helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We arrived to be greeted by great staff, the rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The location was excellent for access to the interstate and is close to a liquor store, restaurants and fuel for the motorcycles. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I would also like to thank Dorothy for her pleasant manner late at night and first thing in the morning. The breakfast was excellent and the area kept clean.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank bikerdenny
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I recently had the unique opportunity to stay at both the number 2 (Country Inn & Suites) and number 5 (Boothill Inn & Suites) rated hotels in Billings. I was meeting folks there prior to heading to Yellowstone and Grand Teton so I decided to try one night at each as they are across the street from each other. This contrasting review will be posted under both hotels.

I stayed in room 407 in Boothill Inn & Suites the first night and in room 321 in Country Inn & Suites the second. Both rooms were similar in that they were clean, well appointed king bed rooms. The Boothill room at $93 included a small fridge and microwave and the Country room at $115 did not. Country’s room, however, was noticeably larger and included a small table with two chairs in addition to the standard hotel desk and chair that both rooms had. Country’s room also included a very nice upholstered wing-back chair that I enjoyed while reading. Boothill’s room included a sofa but it wasn’t as supportive to my back as Country’s chair. Both hotels had newer style supportive mattresses, which were comfortable for me and appeared little used. I slept well in both hotels.

Both hotels are located at the busy intersection of Main Street and Airport Road, which has lots of long-haul truck traffic and related street noise. If there is a quiet side to Boothill during the day I did not find it, although both hotels were quite at night when the truckers themselves were sleeping. At Country I was first given a room along the Main Street side and it was very noisy from street traffic during the day. I quickly asked for and was given a room on the backside of the hotel, which is very quiet at all hours.

Both hotels serve a decent but typical precooked hot breakfast and I can’t say I preferred one over the other. I did, however, prefer the breakfast room coffee at Boothill as it was more robust. Country, if my memory is correct, served Maxwell House in the breakfast room. As to the breakfast rooms themselves I would give a slight nod to Country as the room seemed somehow a bit brighter and cheerier. Both hotels had coffee makers and coffee supplies in the sleeping rooms but I tried neither.

Both hotels have a lobby computer with wired internet service for guests. The wired internet at Boothill was agonizingly slow while the wired internet at Country was blazingly fast. I don’t know about either’s wireless internet service as I don’t travel with a computer, which is why I really appreciated the fast wired internet at Country Inn.

From a service standpoint, everything worked as expected at Boothill and I made no demands on them. As I already said, Country moved me to a quiet room with no hassles but I checked in early while plenty of rooms were still available.

After I was in the new room at Country I needed to use the phone and found it didn’t work. I assumed it hadn’t been turned on when they switched my room. After requesting it be turned on it still didn’t work and the phone hardware needed to be replaced. After the new phone was plugged in the message light started blinking immediately. When I retrieved the messages I found they weren’t for me but rather for the previous guest. I tried to delete them but found no instructions how to do so on or near the phone and had to call reception to find out. I later found the instructions on how to delete messages buried within the large notebook guide to the hotel. I found the whole process frustrating and they really need to put this information on or near the phone.

Boothill does provide airport shuttles and will also shuttle you around town. This is a really great service if you don’t have your own transportation, which I didn’t. Country does not provide airport shuttles. Both hotels have swimming and exercise facilities but I used neither. There is a large Target store and some local restaurants within easy walking distance of both. Both hotels are 100% nonsmoking. As a nonsmoker, I really appreciated this commitment by both hotels.

Conclusions: Both hotels offer similar amenities and services. Boothill had the price advantage of $18 difference for the same room type during my stay and provided a local shuttle service. But Country had the larger guest room and really fast wired internet service. Without my own transportation, the nod clearly goes to Boothill. But with my own transportation, I give the nod to Country, even at the higher price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo