“A big surprise in Billin”

Fancy Sushi-Asian Fusion
Ranked #53 of 343 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Sushi
Missoula, Montana
“A big surprise in Billin”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Hidden away in a non descript
mall is Fancy Sushi. One of the best and most authentic Asian restaurants. It was a delightful surprise to discover it.

• Visited April 2014

Absarokee, Montana
“sad”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

not vary good and small portions . I gave tis place a try twice and wont be returning. I was not happy with my visit ether time

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joe S
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Ok but get better staff”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We at here and the food choices were good. Unfortunately none of the staff spoke English very well so if you have a question about something....well, good luck trying to understand what they are telling you. Other than that the food was ok but I have had better sushi from other places.

Visited April 2014
Billings, Montana
“Good Food, Good Selection”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I went to Asian Fusion for dinner a couple of nights ago. I had been there with friends for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was so impressed with the quality of the Orange Chicken I had for that meal that I suggested to my wife that we should eat there for dinner some evening.

Asian Fusion is an open, but quiet, dining room. There is a half-wall center partition that breaks up the largeness of the dining area. There is also a sushi bar in the restaurant. Most of the restaurant is booths with a few tables along either side of the central half-wall. The decor is modern and clean.

I ordered the Thai Basil meal and my wife ordered the General Tso's Chicken. The menu for Asian Fusion can be found on their website. Their menu is highly varied and consists of many different types of rice rolls (some cooked, some raw) as well as some Japanese, Thai, and Chinese meals.

The meals came with choice of soup or salad. We both had the salad. It is basically a lettuce salad that comes with a sweet, yet lightly tart dressing (mango lime?). It is a different flavor and experience from the typical Italian, vinaigrette, ranch dressings of most restaurants and I enjoyed it. There is a lot of dressing on the salad so I tend to remove some of it. This meal, I was dissappointed with the salad, however, because there was about a tablespoon of water in the bottom of the bowl. That made the salad less palatable to me, as well as making the dressing watery, too.

My Thai Basil chicken was very good and the portion was satisfying if not a bit too much. The meal was spicy, as listed on the menu. I was satisfied with the Thai Basil flavor, spicyness, texture, and portion. However, I liked the orange chicken better that I had a couple weeks prior.

I tried my wife's meal of General Tso's Chicken and my first bite seemed a bit off, as if the frying oil was a bit old, or maybe fishy. However, I had a couple more pieces later in the meal and they tasted just fine so maybe it was me that was "off".

We both enjoyed our meal. The room was only about one third full on a week night so it was quiet enough for easy conversation.

The servers were quite attentive and kept our glasses full. The tables are set with chopsticks so you will need to ask for a fork if needed (as I do).

The prices are quite reasonable and range from $5 for salads up to about $12 for most meals and finally reaching to $15-$20 for some of their specialty meals.

We were both quite satisfied with Asian Fusion and we will return for sure if for no other reason than to get another helping of the Orange Chicken.

• Visited March 2014
Billings, Montana
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Excellent addition of eatery to Billings. Great and constant service. Huge selection of sushi on menu. Served to perfection.

Visited December 2013