“Low Class Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Stillwater, OK
“Low Class Holiday Inn Express”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2009

I travel extensively and have been a fan of Holiday Inn Express's throughout the country, however this hotel is very overpriced and has the worst staff I have ever encountered in my years of travel. Hotel was relatively clean with the exception of the elevator which had a very strong/bad oder. The hotel facilities and rooms should put this hotel in the $60 price range for the area. The hotel staff were some of the most unprofessional, unhelpful and rude I have ever encountered in all of my travels. Please do youself a favor and stay away from this hotel.

• Liked — Good location for travelers just passing through town.
  • Disliked — Definately the staff. They were rude and very unprofessional.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ctldr81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stillwater, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2009

Our air conditioner did not work. When we asked the front desk for a portable fan, they acted as if that was an extremely inappropriate request. Then, they rudely stated that none were available and that we would just have to live with the a/c being broken, and maybe we should try cracking the window. (Which I did try and then discovered that the window didn't even lock, at which point I felt extremely unsafe.)

The following morning I spoke to a different employee. The moment I politely stated that we had had a problem with the a/c last night, she started literally yelling at me to leave. Apparently her coworker had told her to watch out for the crazy guests who expected their $115 room to have ventilation.

The manager was not as rude, but equally unsympathetic to our problem and did not apologize for her staff or offer any help. The worst part was not that the air conditioner did not work, it was that the staff all acted like we were crazy to expect one.

The smell in the only elevator was strong enough to make me pass out if I had to stay on it for more than 3 floors.

The hotel was under construction - it had huge black tarps blocking the sitting area of the lobby.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank SnorkelFlorida
Washington State
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

The Hotel looks modern. But it was built with cheap materials. The tub in my room was extremely slippery with no non skid in the tub what so ever. Serious injury occured and the hotel staff did not know how to respond. They simply did not know how to respond to a medical emergency. I will not stay in a Holiday Inn Express again. Other hotels I have stayed in have a rough surface in the base of thier showers.

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank Travelingthru87
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

Room was clean. The air conditioner was horrible!! Breakfast was good - expended continental breakfast. The hotel itself could use some good cleaning. The carpets were dirty and worn. Same with the elevator. Was disappointed there was no guest laundry. Staff was helpful. Probably would look for another hotel next stay. Stayed at another Holiday Inn express in Casper which was very nice.

• Liked — breakfast and pool
  • Disliked — room air conditioner, not enough attention to detail
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
alarmin99
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2007

I flew into Billings on business trip that would take me from Billings to Helena and finally to Spokane. I stayed at Holiday Inn Express at all those locations and found this to be the best out the three. The defining difference for me was having an actual easy chair with foot stool to sit back and relax in. (The rooms I stay in are always standard with King Size bed or two doubles.) Plus out the three it was the quietest when it came to not hearing other guests and or traffic noise. Other than that all else was positively equal in the way of clean rooms, internet access, free morning breakfast and friendly staffs. I also do not want to leave out the free morning newspaper available at all locations, even though I didn't have time to read them.

• Liked — Quiet, Easy Chair with foot stool
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
Cass Lake, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2002

The room itsel was very nice and the price was right, but there was a big-time problem with cigarette smoke. The lobby was absolutely foggy with smoke (desk clerks smoking constantly). We could have lived with that, but smoke kept getting in our "non-smoking" room on a "non-smoking" floor. At first we thought someone on our floor must have been smoking, but later discovered that the smoke was coming up the stairwell. It poured in under the door and there wasn't a thing we could do about it. We slept with the window open (Nov. 5, 2002) and froze our butts off. The hotel is near an oil refinery, so the smell coming in the window wasn't much better. It was one of the most miserable nights we have ever spent in a hotel.

15 Thank fifigirl