“Decent Nights Stay in the middle of nowhere”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 31 October 2010

My family and I stayed here for a wedding in July. We spent 3 nights in the hotel. It was a Holiday Inn Express and was not newly renovated like a lot of the Holiday Inns seem to be. Our bed was very comfortable and we were happy with the layout and space of our room.

There seemed to be a problem with the room’s air condition. It would continually make clicking noises. It was hard to sleep with it clicking. They only way to stop this clicking noise was to A. Turn the air condition off or B. Turn the air condition on high because it was the middle of July and was 100 degrees outside we decided to turn the air condition up all the way. The next day when we returned to our room we had a note from the house keeping staff stating that the AC was not allowed to be put on high. The next night we put it back on high because not having AC was not an option, nor were listening to the clicking AC.

The morning breakfast was very good. They had hot bacon and sausage with eggs among other well cooked foods. We were very happy with the food. There are a number of restaurants around the area that deliver if you want food later at night and do not want to go out.

Each day the room was very well cleaned.

The only problem was the broken AC. We did not mention this or complain to management. If we did they might have fixed it or moved us, but we are not the complaining type.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara_Kadow

Reviewed 12 October 2010

This is not a great inn. It's passable, though. Way overpriced for the area, by at least 20-30 dollars.

What appears to be friends of the front desk crowded the breakfast area EACH morning we were there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon113
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Myself and my family arrived in billings to find a room at the holiday inn express when we arrived another young lady was in front of us and she asked if there where any rooms and the gentalman told her there was so she checked in and went up to her room then i went up there and asked the same question and the gentalman was really rude and short with me come to find out his name is Noah and he gave the younger lady a cheaper room then us i do not recomend this place to stay cause of Noah and the place is extremly dirty (halls,elevator,breakfest area,fitness center and the pool area was extremly hot )

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank sexymamaunangst
Reviewed 30 August 2009

The rooms stank of sulphur, gas fumes, from oil refinery just blocks away. Could not get stink out of room. Made stay overnight very, very unpleasant. Had view of oil refinery as well! Nice.

• Stayed: August 2009
3  Thank luvscats
Reviewed 14 July 2009

We had to book this room on the fly and were disappointed by the rate we were charged. $138.03 for a room in a 1/4 full hotel. The room and bed were comfortable, but we found mildew in the caulk around the tub. A little bleach would have gotten it so it's obvious no attempt has been made to clean it. No air conditioning in the halls made for a stuffy smelling hotel and the woman at the front desk was unfriendly. I'd stay here again at a lower rate but if I'm going to pay this much, I'll go down the road to the Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn where they know how to treat folks.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AutieGirl
Reviewed 13 January 2009

I travel extensively and have been a fan of Holiday Inn Express's throughout the country, however this hotel is very overpriced and has the worst staff I have ever encountered in my years of travel. Hotel was relatively clean with the exception of the elevator which had a very strong/bad oder. The hotel facilities and rooms should put this hotel in the $60 price range for the area. The hotel staff were some of the most unprofessional, unhelpful and rude I have ever encountered in all of my travels. Please do youself a favor and stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ctldr81
Reviewed 9 January 2009

Our air conditioner did not work. When we asked the front desk for a portable fan, they acted as if that was an extremely inappropriate request. Then, they rudely stated that none were available and that we would just have to live with the a/c being broken, and maybe we should try cracking the window. (Which I did try and then discovered that the window didn't even lock, at which point I felt extremely unsafe.)

The following morning I spoke to a different employee. The moment I politely stated that we had had a problem with the a/c last night, she started literally yelling at me to leave. Apparently her coworker had told her to watch out for the crazy guests who expected their $115 room to have ventilation.

The manager was not as rude, but equally unsympathetic to our problem and did not apologize for her staff or offer any help. The worst part was not that the air conditioner did not work, it was that the staff all acted like we were crazy to expect one.

The smell in the only elevator was strong enough to make me pass out if I had to stay on it for more than 3 floors.

The hotel was under construction - it had huge black tarps blocking the sitting area of the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SnorkelFlorida