“EH, It's a hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, MT
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The hotel itself is nice, but our experience wasn't the greatest. We had a whirlpool suite, so I figured we would be put on the top floor and towards an end so it would be quiet, as I would expect after paying the extra money for a whirlpool suite, but our room was literally right next to the lobby and housekeeping rooms. There was a light bulb burned out, the whirlpool cover was falling off, and there was stuff on the floor looking as if it hadn't been vacuumed. Made me think twice about walking barefoot. It is a shame because it is such a nice looking hotel from the outside. The staff is pretty good. The check in gal and the breakfast attendant where awesome but the housekeeping gal actually asked us on the way to breakfast when we where going to check out. It was about 8:00 in the morning and check out wasn't until noon, but we were supposed to be leaving already? That's what probably disappointed me the most. Hotel could definitely be awesome if some changes where made/

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the lobby as possible.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your recent stay. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have never had a bad experience staying at a Country Inn and Suites. It is always my first choice of a place to stay if one is available. Fresh cookies and a great hot breakfast are two of the reasons I like this motel chain.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I recently stayed here overnight on business. I have to say that as I get older the less I enjoy staying in hotels. But this place was an exception. The staff was so friendly and the hotel itself looks more like a guest lodge than a hotel chain. The lobby is spacious and friendly with home touches like book shelves and comfortable chairs.The rooms are big and roomy with comfortable king size beds, new television, microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was spotless, and the soap, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer were all well-known quality brands.
The breakfast buffet is bonkers, the biggest best I've ever seen. All items are made fresh, and they even have a waffle iron for fresh-made waffles.
The staff though is the hotel's best feature. The desk clerks, and housekeeping staff were very friendly and would do anything in their power to make sure my stay was a pleasant one.
It is very convenient to the airport, interstate, Metra Park, and downtown...
I would recommend the Country Inn and Suites Billings to any traveler interested in a relaxing night away from home. I myself will stay there any time I am passing through Billings either on business or for pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are quietest. And rooms at the backside of the hotel are quieter than ones...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you so much for writing a GREAT review. Now days people only want to discuss the negative its so delightful that you took the time to write about your positive experience. We don't always get it right but we do try! Thank you again. Michelle Breitwiser, GM

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Front end staff was terrfible to deal with, The bathroom vent was caked with dust, the head board had not been dusted in some time and the phone did not work. For the price we paid and the way we were treated - I would not recommend this hotel no would I stay here in the future

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for writing a review. I'm sorry you were anything other than delighted with your stay. Please contact me at 406-245-9995 Michelle Breitwiser, GM

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I paid the extra money for a whirlpool jacuzzi room so my kids could enjoy that. I just couldn't let them use after even after I tried to clean it myself. (Lots of hair in it and also dirt smudges.) Sitting at the table, I could see multiple items (hair rollers, a crown, a bar of soap) on the ground behind the tv. There was a half empty bottle of water in the fridge. Really made me wonder if the sheets were going to be fresh at all. Very disappointing.......... :(

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Michelle Breitwiser, GM

Reviewed 6 August 2014

this is a very average hotel and it is not the greatest location, there are better hotels in Billings with better locations, picked hotel based on other reviews and were disappointed, rooms were not cleaned very well. carpets stained, vanity looked like it was very old, hotel was very noisy, enough that we finally asked for a room change, best attribute was the breakfast and it was close to the airport

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for your review. We hope to exceed your expectations for your next stay. Please feel free to call me to discuss your last stay Michelle Breitwiser, GM 406-245-9995

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I recently stayed here for 1 night while traveling thru Billings. The hotel was very clean and staff very welcoming. Be arrived late but were checked right in. The room was clean and bed very comfortable. The room was big and we had plenty of room. Breakfast was OK but nothing great. The breakfast attendant was a little overwhelmed as it was very busy. Food was not as hot as it should have been. Said someone earlier had not lit the burners. She was working very hard to keep everything going smooth. Overall a good nights stay. Would recommend staying here whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family