“Tiny little puddle”

Lake Elmo State Park
Ranked #17 of 67 things to do in Billings
Reviewed 5 September 2013

After growing up on a massive lake and living on the ocean in Hawaii, this little pond didn't really do much for me, but I guess if it's the only option for water in the area, it will have to do! There was a little trail all the way around it, so you can walk your dog for about 10 minutes if you want. It also features a sand beach for people only and a small, unimpressive dog beach.

All reviews
"exercise"
"ducks"
"trees"

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Free if you have a Montana license plate.
Very nice place in town to sit by the water, go swimming or just relax for the day..

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We came to Billing for the summer from Florida due to my husbands job and went to Lake Elmo several times. It is very clean, calm, refreshing park to get out of the city with out driving that far. Yes it is no Glacier State Park or Yellowstone but if your looking for a nice family spot to go cool off in or maybe do some fishing (like my 6yr old son and husband) or float the lake on a raft (like my daughter and I) then this is the perfect spot for you! We really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

For this being a state park, they have the dog park section way off in the back in stagnant water where our pets can get sick. They expect us to go out there and swim with them in these horrible conditions. I attempted to swim around the boat ramp, however I was kicked out. WHAT BOATS?? Seriously, it's horrible out there!

1  Thank Iris V
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This is such a sweet little lake and park. There's a wonderful dog park section, little kids and their parents and other folks too fish the lake. Sometimes they even catch a fish. It's stocked, I think with brown trout. There are picnic tables in some sections of the park. The lake is in the Billings Heights where I live and I take my little dog there frequently in the summer.

1  Thank Jan B