“Nice Hotel - Convenient to Freeway and Good Restaurants” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Billings

SpringHill Suites Billings
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice Hotel - Convenient to Freeway and Good Restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was a nice hotel - nice suite room - great tv set - it was close (walking distance) to some nice restauants. We skipped the hotel breakfast in the am for a Perkins breakfast (since they are closed in our home state of Colorado).

We had a window that opened - plenty of towels - I have stayed at some fancier Springhill Suites but this was just fine for our trip. Good place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I have been here two times, and each time had a very comfortable stay. It is a newer hotel with fresh-looking carpeting and appointments. Our room was quiet and clean with comfortable beds, (and an assortment of different types of bed pillows), good air-conditioning (important in 96 degree temperatures) and a good shower. It had a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in the adjoining "suite" area. There is a standard-fare breakfast bar. Our reservations and check-in were with friendly staff. Because we had to make last-minute reservations, and there was a convention in town, we weren't given any discounts (like AAA), thus it wasn't the best value; still, we enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Being a Marriott platinum member affords me the opportunity to see quite a few different properties. This one really stands out due to the number of issues that I found in my room. Upon arrival to my room the primary issue was the fresh and old urine stains found on the rear portion of the toilet seat. Just plain nasty!! I also found hair in my bathroom sink and numerous caked stains on certain areas on the wall.

Outside of the issues listed above the hotel is normally what you would expect from Marriott. It's in a great location and has numerous restaurants and major shopping nearby. I must admit after finding these issues in my room I did refuse to use any of the common areas. I definitely didn't eat the breakfast or use the small gym area due to the possibility of improper sanitation. The hotel does have an agreement with BAC (Billings Athletic Club) where you have access to a full gym for $7. It's decent and you have access to everything a normal gym would provide.

I'm not saying that this is a bad place to stay, but if you do be sure to make sure everything is cleaned properly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Champlin, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

This hotel is great! The exercise room is open 24-hours. The pool and whirlpool and pretty small but they were fine. The big disappointment was the internet. The wi-fi was very slow in the room and the signal was REALLY low. The wi-fi in the lobby was ok but still not what I expected. There were also two guest desktop computers in the lobby. These were terribly slow.There was one ethernet cable in our room for the computer. But still my ipod touch was really slow. The staff was friendly. The beds were great. They had the best hotel beds I've ever experienced. The location is good. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. If you've never stayed at a SpringHill Suites before... Its got very great layout rooms. with a couch etc. It's just a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Abingdon, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

A decent place to stay. We got two rooms, one for us and one for our kids. Rooms were clean. We arrived very late and with the exception of the gentleman who checked us in, the staff was not impressive. As a pass through on our way to South Dakota it was adequate, but nothing spectacular.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Ligonier PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

This property runs about $20 higher than other Spring Hill Suites, but it is new, beautiful, and comfortable. It straddles the line between hotel and motel. Nice decor and upkeep. Staff not overly friendly, but efficient and cooperative. Worth the extra few bucks. Lots of dining, entertainment options nearby.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

The rooms were clean. The free breakfast was good I'm told by colleagues as I didn't partake. I checked in for 30 days but stayed only a week. Forgot to check out upon departure and called back. Hotel charged me for extra days - I've done this before over the years and the Hotels always adjusted. I will return soon for 30 days or longer but will not stay here.

Also I didn't like their business center - no privacy for meetings or anything else. I liked the location and convenience to business and Resturants.

• Stayed May 2011