“Fit the Bill” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Hopkinton, New Hampshire
“Fit the Bill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

What an Ideal place to break up the drive. The pool was great for the kids and with the Texas Roadhouse adjacent we had the ideal stop-over destination on our way to Yellowstone. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff very friendly. This hotel is close to many major stores, so if you forgot something, no need to worry. The continental breakfast was great, well organized and clean. We very much enjoyed the stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Wesley C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Billings, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We're so glad you stoped on your way to Yellowstone. I hope you enjoyed your time there as much as you enjoyed our hotel. Next time you come to Billings I would suggest you try Bruno's Italian restaurant . It's just across the street and has been a local favorite for many years, Hope you had a chance to stop by Custer's last stand. It's only a 50 min trip from here and so worth the trip. There is so much history stored there. Enjoy your trip and I'll share your review with the staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at this property we noticed a Texas Roadhouse restaurant immediately next door. Always liked the place for their steaks and especially their fresh rolls. We got in late but enjoyed a small meal there anyway.

Exhausted from a long drive to get there, we were a little bummed to get two beds instead of one. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise: at 28 years of marriage and counting, separate beds were actually pretty darn relaxing for both of us. It didn't hurt that we had extra pillows and the beds themselves were super-comfy.

The A/C was ice cold and the hot breakfast just about perfect. As I now lay awake in a far less hospitable Fairfield Inn (Rapid City), I miss that wonderful Springhill Suites in Billings more than ever. My only slight criticism was that I couldn't get a later checkout (the parking lot was totally empty by noon) so my bride had to sit outside while I worked elsewhere in town. Such is life.

So if you want a good night's rest and don't mind an occasional train horn (barely audible over the A/C), this hotel is wonderful. I will be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Passing through Billings we decided to stay here. So glad we did. The hotel was well maintained and the breakfast was delicious. The location was good as we ate at Famous Dave's a couple of blocks down the street. We shopped at a couple of stores close by too. Overall a good hotel and a very affordable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank French S
Wesley C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Billings, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We're so glad you took advatage of our location and were able to dine and shop without having to go very far. There are many good places to dine and shop all only a hop skip and a jump away. We are glad your stay was pleasent and hope you can return to Billings again in the near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The mattress pad had large urine stains on it. Then I open the sofabed "pack": The pillow had several blood-tinged stains and hair on the top. I was totally grossed out and took the whole thing to the front desk. They gave me new set and promised Housekeeping would do a better job next time. As an elite member, I did not get a followup phone call or anything like that.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zxrst
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just OK for one night before heading to the airport (if you don't mind the train noise). The train runs frequently even late at night. The room had some noticeable wear and tear. Stain on the sofa as well.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Wesley C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Billings, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
I am so sorry to hear your stay was just okay. We strive to make it a truly enjoyable experience.
We are truly sorry about the train noise. They are required to blow the horn at accesses. We
wil certainly try our best to make sure we catch any stains left by the guests before and take extra time looking for the wear and tear on our furniture.Our apologies and hope you try us again. Thankyou Wesley carter
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night and found it tops, just like 99% of all Marriotts. From check in to check out. The room was perfectly quiet for a sound nights sleep. Loves the mattresses.
We used the hot tub but not the pool. Hot tub was exactly that, hot. Not lukewarm.
Breakfast was hot, fresh and delicious. I love the idea of cheese and cold cuts, true European continental. I am a coffee snob and thought the dark roast was delicious. A real wake up in the morning.
Will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank laststand
Wesley C, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Billings, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Marriott for your travel needs. We are so happy you had a good stay at the SpringHill Suites. Our goal is to meet our guests expectations and to go beyond to ensure you have a wonderful stay. We hope you will visit this area again and stay with us in the future.
Diane Seder AGM
Billings, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is my 4th time staying at this facility. I am a platinum rewards member and spend many nights in marriotts. Although this facility is clean and comfortable I find the staff curt, unacommodating and not service oriented. Check in was unsatisfactory. My profile indicates higher floor as I and my wife do not like first floor accommodations however my assigned room was on first floor, when discussed other options staff curtly stated hotel was full. Flood light outside of room and noise on second floor interferes with sleep. Not sure i would stay at this facility again.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors