“Need to work harder”
Review of The Fieldhouse

The Fieldhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fieldhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 342 Restaurants in Billings
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Billings, Montana's First And Only Certified 'Green' Restaurant. The Fieldhouse Cafe sources locally, sustainably sourced food grown and raised under the Big Sky right here in Montana. Almost everything is made from scratch with whole foods, right down to the ketchup. Join us in celebrating honest food, treated well. Join us for - - Dinner - Happy Hour - Tapas - Saturday Brunch - Sunday Brunch - Beer and Wine A family owned business, we look forward to welcoming you to a new dining experience in Billings. Find us online to view our menu and learn more about what we do.
Billings, Montana
“Need to work harder”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A potentially superior place let down by lack of ambition. Pretends to greatness but the outcome never matches the hype.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bill N

Richmond, Virginia
“Wow!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

They did seat the two of us next to the waiters' station, maybe we just looked too much like fishermen, which we are. Other than the seats, this place was GREAT! Really creative food. Roasted brussel sprouts with a cashew parm crust were out of this world. The kale salad was really more of a baby greens salad than just kale, but mixed with quinoa and feta, it was stellar! The grass fed meat loaf was presented looking like filet mignon. The king salmon special was served over black rice noodles. There's just a lot going on with these plates. Nothing on the menu that doesn't look interesting. Wine list is a bit short, but not overpriced. Nice that the prices encourage a bottle with the meal. Service was friendly, maybe slightly inexperienced, but this is Billings and we're just fishermen, right?

Visited July 2014
1 Thank BernardAugust
Moscow, Idaho
“Cool place in Billings”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

OK, granted, I haven't been to this town for fourteen years, but it's still a surprise to find a high-class place to eat on Minnesota Avenue. The Fieldhouse is cool in every way--spare industrial decor, a patio bordering the train tracks, places for single diners looking out a window (at an adult bookstore across the way, but don't mistake that for a negative comment), long tables for whole families including babies, confident waitstaff, a great menu with responsibly acquired ingredients. I had a good time. Ordered organic pappardelle with clams and mushrooms. Wish they had a full bar.

• Visited July 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good Ambiance/Good Service & DELICIOUS/FABULOUS FOOD”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A co-worker made the suggestion that we go to The Field House Cafe for Dinner. She had been to the restaurant several times and had high praise for it. I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. I love the ambiance of the restaurant. It's comfortable and relaxing not stuffy. The service was very good and it's always a plus in my book when you're greeted at the door with a smile and a warm greeting. I ordered the Roasted Chicken with preserved lemon risotto and asparagus. I'm not a big fan of asparagus so I requested brussel sprouts instead. The presentation of the food was very nice. It definitely complimented the food as the entire meal was absolutely DELICIOUS. The chicken was seasoned perfectly and very juicy (yes even the breast). The preserved lemon risotta was WONDERFUL and the brussel sprouts were quick fried but still had a nice crunch, great flavor and vibrant color. I also had a glass of Prosseco with my dinner which was lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed this dinner. Before I leave Billings I plan to go back to The Field House and try some of their other entrees. This restaurant is a WINNER in my book.

• Visited June 2014
“Fantastic eclectic restaurant in Billings!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is a a fantastic amazing restaurant in Billings Montana. Fabulous decor and very interesting vegetarian and meat lovers' fare. We came right off the plane on our way to Wyoming and were surprised to fine this in Billings. Sophisticated and interesting with polished cement floors and a rustic metro vibe.