“DIRTY!”
Review of Rimview Inn

Rimview Inn
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Checked in yesterday, our room was very old fashioned, smelled kinda funny, and the 'kitchenette' was a joke, it had foil all over the place and probably hadn't been cleaned in 3 years! We found beer bottle caps on the floor, tobacco on the counters and the floors hadn't been vacuumed. We called and had them come clean the floor and counters. Mind you we have a 6wk old, 3yr old and 2 small dogs with us, my toddler was playing on the floor for 10 minutes before we were headed out to check out the town, got in the car and noticed my child was BLACK from head to toe. Needless to say, we packed our things and headed to the Super 8! We are now in a friendly clean environment and don't have to worry about my child getting hurt on who knows what!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TazzyMarie123

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Called someone staying there. A man answers phone for evenings...not friendly! Barely able to open his mouth when answering phone. Transfers calls without saying anything. Not a good representation of the place.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank heyhey2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I needed a hotel room in billings just for a few hours of sleep, flew into Billings at midnight, and planned on a road trip early the next morning. I found the Rimview with a rate of $70.00.. free airport shuttle and continental breakfast. I figured "were just sleeping there right?".

I guess the free airport shuttle was the only plus to the place, the room was old, and very outdated, the kitchenette was something I would never cook food on. The only comfort I found was the overwhelming smell of bleach, that gave me the feeling that they cleaned the room?!

The breakfast, was some dry muffins, the juice machine was not working, and we were down there at 830, so unless we missed the good stuff the breakfast was pretty pathetic, wouldn't bother advertising that amenity.

It wasn't the worst I've seen, but not something that I would give a good review or tell somebody to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank leesa882010
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The good: staff had my reservation ready and I was checked in within 5 minutes. Room is large. The "tap to unlock" keycard is handy.

Tight parking lot should be used for driving tests. Apparently, Rimview refers to the view of the dumpster rim outside my window. Filthy outdoor carpet, loose metal steps. Nasty stained indoor carpet and sticky linoleum. Kitchenette is an old electric stove (1960?) missing an element.

The aroma of mildew with a whiff of urine...lovely. The noisy non-cooling air conditioner. What is really the epitome of a fine hotel is coming in after a long day of wedding preparations, turning down the covers, and finding a bloodstained pillow.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, especially at this price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank paulI667TS
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Rimview Inn during a trip to Billings, Montana. We found the rooms to be very clean, especially accommodating and the staff friendly. The Inn is convenient to town and also offers around the clock complimentary pick up and delivery service to the airport. Given the Inn's many amenities, we found it to be an outstanding value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Evan J
Reviewed 25 July 2013

i want to thank the owners of the RIMVIEW... We had an unfortunate tragedy happen in our family, and this hotel was gracious to the family coming from out ot town. We trully appreciate the sincerety and kindness shown to us. Also want to mention that the staff were very polite and helpful too. so Our Family would like to thank you again for the act of kindness--- God Bless you all , for you are trully good beautiful people, and wish you all the happiness in this world. People are what matters in this life, not material things, and in this hotel, from the owners to all the employees , are the gem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 53letty
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The room I got was large and clean. Coffee was decent. The door locker was broken on the inside so I had to put a chair under the locker to feel safe at night.

I had trouble getting my room, although it was booked, payed and confirmed weeks in advance. I called the reception from the courtesy phone in the airport (in the middle of the night) and was told by two separate persons that there was no room booked in my name. I finally managed to persuade them to let me have the last available room they had.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo