“Decent Chinese”

Golden Phoenix Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #214 of 355 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Description: www.dexknows.com/business_profiles/golden_phoenix_chinese_restaurant-b969716 This is an excellent Chinese restaurant located in Billings Heights...
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Really just your average chinese place. The food is decent, the waitstaff is friendly if not the most professional, and the decor is dated and in need of a fresh facelift. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there, but being close to my hotel and the food being plentiful, I generally eat there once per stay to Billings.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I've eaten here twice now, both times were not great experiences. The food was better this time (at least with my meal), than the last, but still not good. We had a party of 6, 3 people thought their food was horrible (i.e. burnt egg roll). Besides the food, what has spurred the bad review, was the service. From working in the restaurant industry for many years I tend to be a little more understanding, but the waitress neglected us at every turn for almost 2 hours. At the end we were her only table and we waited 20 minutes for the check. To sum it up, I would recommend a different restaurant.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is where we go for chinese in Billings. Just went yesterday, missed the buffet but that was ok. The staff there is great and always helpful. We got soup with our order so we both choose the Hot & Sour soup, loved it !! I try this everywhere I go and their's is one of the best. Then we had Egg Rolls (great crunch, great taste) and their regular Pot Stickers (could have eaten 2 or 3 trays of these) ... OMGoodness perfectly done. We continued with the combination dinner plates, #12 - Teriyaki Three Delight with Sesame Chicken and Fried Rice and also #15 - The Szechuan Three Delight with Chicken Lo Mein and Fried Rice. The three delights are shrimp, chicken, and beef, just cooked with different sauces. The were both cooked and tasted wonderful. On one note, I personally find the rice a little dry so I always add whatever sauce we have to it, but it is still good. The food always seems to taste fresh. I will say that their prices seem a little high, but once you see the plates and what you can take home for round 2 or even 3 I guess that makes it worth it. You won't go wrong here.... go and enjoy!

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Not bad for Billings. The wait staff is on the ball, especially if you order off the menu, which there are some tasty surprises on.

Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

Get there early food is fresh hot great traditional flavors. I don't go any where else in town for Chinese.