“Best Place In Town”
Review of Northern Hotel

Northern Hotel
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a brand spanking new hotel in downtown Billings with all the features of a big-city hotel. At the time of this writing, it was offering below-market rates on rooms. It has two restaurants: a fine dining room called TEN and a breakfast/lunch cafe on the corner. We stayed there for two nights and were very impressed. The staff was great and everything was new and shiny.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marintraveller
Northern_Hotel1902, Manager at Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Marintraveller we also love things new and shiny! It is so great to read your wonderful review of our property. We hope to see you on your next trip through wonderful Billings. Find us on Facebook and you’ll see all our events and special offers for your next trip!

There are newer reviews for Northern Hotel

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at the newly renovated Northern hotel a few weeks ago. The renovation is quite unique and beautiful. They've kept a lot of the western/vintage feel but with great updates to the bathrooms and very interesting decor details. My room had a walk-in closet, huge shower, very comfortable bed, and was very nice.

The staff is very friendly and attentive, and they provided free valet parking. In addition there are two restaurants on site - Bernie's Diner, which has great comfort food, and a formal restaurant as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anne H

Thank you for your wonderful compliments Anne H. We are always thrilled to hear great feedback on our building, but even more when it is about our staff. We’re happy you received the 4 star service we strive to offer. We hope to see you again! Find us on Facebook to keep up with all the latest in the Northern Hotel world.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Spent two nights at the Northern a week or so ago. Used to live in Billings quite a while ago and used to go there for Sunday Brunch. The New Northern is quite different, but I thought it was great. I checked in quite late, they were friendly and very helpful at the front desk. Valet parked my car for free. Room was likely one of the best in the hotel - I had requested a queen single - that is exactly what I got - but - it was a corner room 1012 - great views of the city. Room was a hint on the small side, though very nicely decorated, quite clean and very comfortable. I think I made a great choice when I choose The Northern.

Room Tip: Room 1012 was great - corner room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SusanCBM
Northern_Hotel1902, Manager at Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

We also love room 1012, SusanCBM. While it is one of our cozier rooms, it does offer the best views of the city and the mountains (on a clear day!). We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the Northern in its new form. We would love to have you back anytime.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Recently traveled to Billings for Governor's TBI Advisory Council work. I had stayed at the Historic Northern Hotel (same hotel prior to the major remodel) and I liked it then! Post remodel the hotel is very nice. I was most impressed with how attentive the staff are. Parking is an issue downtown Billings. As I was pulling up curb side in effort to park and check in a staff person went into get my check in started. By the time I had parked and arrived at the front desk my check in was basically ready. Also, as I had just driven for 5 hours and sat in meetings for another 5 asked if it would not be too much trouble if they moved me from the 7th floor to the 3rd or 4th floor so that I could take the stairs to get to/from my room. They made this change within minutes and away I went. Lastly, when people from my group dropped me off in front of the hotel after supper it was pouring rain. The door man ran out to meet me with an umbrella. The next morning at the meeting there were comments "well clearly we are staying at the wrong hotel"! The rooms were very clean, bed comfortable and my room had a nice view. My only feedback would be they need to consider a state rate and the glass of wine that I purchased to sip in my room while reviewing material was $10.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tana50
Northern_Hotel1902, Manager at Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Tana50 we’re so glad to hear from you! We are proud of our valet service and are glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with them. We appreciate your feedback regarding a state rate and will be sure to bring it up to our sales department. Our in-room dining menu is currently being re-worked to include more options, so we hope it suits your needs better next time. We look forward to having you again and hope that your next experience exceeds the last!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Enjoyed my first stay at this hotel last week. Very attractive lobby, nice restaurant and bar, attractive gift shop for light souvenir shopping, terrific "shuttle" service (actually Cadillac Escalades). Room was attractive and well furnished. No coffee in the room but fresh free coffee served in the lobby as early as 4:45am. Only little concern around room cleanliness would be frequency of vacuuming? Noticed a toothpick on the floor in the corner (not mine) that didn't get picked up during my three days there. Overall a place I'd recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback Jlfor. We’re happy to hear how satisfied you were with your overall stay. We apologize for the toothpick on the floor and have brought this to our housekeeping manager. We work hard to make sure our rooms are the cleanest in Billings and your comment helps us become the hotel we strive to be. If you have any other concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to call our Hotel Manager at 406-867-6767.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you want old and charming, this isn't it. But it is a great remodeled hotel in the heart of the city. Great bed, expensive linens, yummy orange blossom soap. And you can walk to some terrific restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank letsgotraveling

Letsgotraveling we’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Being in the heart of downtown Billings makes it a memorable experience. We hope to see you the next time you visit!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Beautiful hotel! In town with relatives, they decided to stay at the Big Hotel down the street, I decided on the Northern which was in walking distance and provided me with a little distance from the family when needed :/ All of the staff was very friendly, I really loved that the hotel was so nice and clean. I did not have any problems with the room size, I thought it was just right. Loved the bed and comforter. The in room robes are also a nice touch. Ate breakfast at Bernie's on my last day and it was the cutest little diner. Breakfast was really good and the portions were big. If I do come to Billing's again, I will definitely stay at the Northern again. It is definitely the nicest hotel in Billings at this time.

Room Tip: Room was on the 6th floor enjoyed the views of the skyline.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kimkay2013
Northern_Hotel1902, Manager at Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Kimkay2013 we would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you so much for the lovely review. If you are interested in purchasing one of our beds for your home, we would be happy to help you with that! We will see you next time!