“Great find”

Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Great find”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We needed a place to stay one night in Billings and had no reservations. We ended up at the C'mon Inn (we had never heard of the chain before) and found it to be a wonderful place. There are 5 hot tubs so it was easy to find one that was unoccupied. The rooms were great and the free breakfast was decent (eggs, breakfast meats, etc.). Only drawback is that there were no elevators and we were on the second floor.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Iowa
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful surprise...I wish there were more of these hotels on my trips! After reading other Yelper's notes, we cancelled a reservation, to make this one, and we are SO glad we did. Bethany was so helpful and friendly on the phone that we knew we had made the right choice. He is lounging in the recliner, and I am lounging in the firm plushly dressed bed, watching the big screen tv. So glad to be here.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
BillingsVeritas, Manager at Billings C'mon Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hello,

What a treat to know that you had such a great time at our facility. The staff and I are very proud of this hotel and reponses like yours helps us know we are doing things right. I will show Bethany this post as I know she will be very happy to know that her job here is appreciated not only by me but our guest. Please come back again and we will continue to strive for excellence. Thank You.

Nathan Boshart
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay here. The interior decor of the hotel was really neat and added to our 'western' experience. The waterfalls, rock features, wood beams and koi pond were really nice. Our room was interior courtyard facing on the 2nd floor. We didn't experience any noise from the courtyard in the evening. Our room was at the end of the hall so our 'deck' was larger than the others and covered the whole corner. It had a large 4 seat table which was more than what I saw on some other decks. The room was very large and there was plenty of room for our 5 suitcases. The beds were comfy and the towels were very plush. The room was very clean, had a nice large flat screen tv, and the air conditioning worked fine. The free breakfast was ok. The kids really enjoyed the pancake making machine. We thought there was a nice selection for a continental breakfast. However the breakfast at the Bozeman C'mon Inn had more selection including more hot items like scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes, which we thought was a better breakfast.
The front desk staff were very nice and efficient.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay, we would recommend the hotel, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Deborah A
BillingsVeritas, General Manager at Billings C'mon Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hello,

Thanks for all the great cmpliments. Looks like from reading your post that you must have just missed our opening of the new breakfast bar. We now serve bacon, eggs, potatoes and all the other good stuff. So please come back for that. Thank you again for your post and we look forward to you coming back. Take care and have a wonderful summer.
N. Idaho
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The facility is very nice. I was not really interested in the water features, but it would be great if you have kids. I had printed out the map to the facility and am usually good with map reading, but it would have been better if I had emailed asking for directions as I did not see them on the website. (I guess everyone but me has GPS??) I got off the correct exit from the Interstate, but missed the turn on to King W. so had a slight diversion. The hotel does smell slightly of chlorine as you enter, but with all the pools that is not surprising. The room itself did not have a chlorine smell. I was on the 2nd floor, west side and there was some road noise but it doesn't sound like it was bad compared to some of the courtyard facing rooms. The bed was very comfortable, wifi worked great, plug available next to the bed for charging the phone. Check in and check out staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was fine and set up early, so I just grabbed a bagel and fruit and headed toward Beartooth Highway! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Read the other reviews about courtyard noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We couldn't find a room in Billings because of a sporting event, but we were able to get the last room at C'mon Inn. The price was higher than we like to pay ($140 including tax), but we were so grateful to have somewhere to stay!

Then I looked around - WOW! There is an inside "courtyard" with hot tubs, trees, and even a fish pond! I have never seen anything like it. Our room had one door to the hall, and the other door opened right into the courtyard, so you could walk out your door and into a hot tub. The pool was also indoors at the end of the courtyard.

They have laundry facilities in case you need to do your laundry, and the staff was pleasant. The room was nice and clean.

HOWEVER, we were awakened at 7:40 by people sitting right outside our door talking. They were right outside, as in a foot or so from the door and window facing the courtyard. They were talking at a normal volume level, but we could hear everything they were saying. . . and I was in the bed farthest from them! I was probably around 15 - 20 feet from them. The voices did not let up, so we were not able to get any more sleep. I was so tired! In addition to the voices, children began screaming in the pools around the same time, since the pools open very early. The screaming echoed all throughout the courtyard.

Breakfast: when I got to the breakfast, there were 3 pieces of bread, some unappealing muffins, a couple other things, and a lot of emptiness on the tables. But I was so tired from the lack of sleep that I didn't care - I just got a glass of water and left.

This stay started out so well, but I ended up hating it because of the lack of noise insulation for the room. The hotel's concept is so great that, but they need to spend the extra money to properly noise-proof the inner rooms. I need to SLEEP when I pay that much for a hotel room!

3 Thank lovetheUSA76
Glendive, Montana
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Excellent location, easy check in and reservations, clean comfortable rooms, fantastic pool with the perfect temperatures. Good breakfast, nice atmosphere and this one has the koi fish that are fed in the morning. Easily the best in Billings.

Room Tip: the rooms on the 'patio' can be noisy at night and in the morning, we could hear people in t...
Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We don't stay at the C'mon Inn often because it is over priced. However we got a good deal and had a lovely stay. The breakfast was nice, the beds comfortable and the entire room etc was very clean.
The down side was that we were on the same side of the building as the train tracks.... I'd avoid this in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the opposite side of the train tracks.
1 Thank CoalLady