“MoooYEAH”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“MoooYEAH”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been here several times and it seems like it gets better every time. The friendly atmosphere and great food is a hit! I highly recommend this place over other burger places in the westend area.

Visited June 2014

Billings, Montana
“Great greasy burgers...kind of old fashioned style.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The burgers are made the way you want, and you get to pick from a long list of add-ons and sauces. I'm a fan of the sweet potato fries, but one serving is plenty for two people. The place is not much for atmosphere, but if you're hungry for a really good old style burger, you'll be happy with it.

• Visited May 2014
Billings, Montana, United States
“Why do I go back?”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was my third or fourth time at the local Mooyah and every time I'm disappointed. I've only gone back because I had a coupon. My boyfriend and I met another couple there for dinner, and each couple had a coupon for a free burger with the purchase of a burger and two regular drinks. With the coupon, our meal was $15 for two burgers, two small fries and two regular drinks. The food was good, but I had to rate it "Average" because I just couldn't move up to the "Very Good" category. When we got there, the group ahead had just finished ordering, so I expected the cashier to take our order next. Instead, she told us to wait while she took an order over the phone. This took a good 5 minutes! When she got to us, the ordering process did go smoothly. I had to ask an employee for lids for the soda cups and he told me they were out of them! While a long line formed to order food, I noticed two employees sitting at a table in the corner, one of them eating. This was at approximately 6 pm, at what I would consider the height of the dinner rush. To add to the experience was one of the doors to the restaurant, which clanged loudly every time it shut. My boyfriend mentioned that he approved of the new presentation, which meant that the food is now on plate/trays. You used to get your food in a paper sack. I have to admit, it was easier to eat on the plate/tray. With all the problems of keeping a restaurant afloat in Billings these days, Mooyah will have to put in more effort, as I don't plan to patronize them again (even with a coupon) until I've heard of their improvement from a reliable source.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Beth P
Billings, Montana
“Good Burger Place”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were in the area at lunch time today and, having never been there before, decided to eat a quick lunch at Mooyah. The restaurant was a bit better than I expected - still it is a just a hamburger restaurant. There is no pretense at Mooyah. Their menu is just a few burgers, a hot dog, fries, soft drinks, and milk shakes. Much like the burger "joints" of the 50s & 60s. The decor is utilitarian modern. They don't try to make it look like 50s soda fountain, or a cattle barn, or anything else.

Ordering was easy because of the small menu. The food is prepared in front of you behind a glass "sneeze shield". After about 5 minutes your name is called over the PA system. You retrieve your burger which is served on a metal tray covered with a thin "butcher paper". The burger and fries are on the tray. The process is very much like McD or BK but it didn't feel like that. It felt as if you were a valued customer - not the 439 billionth customer.

The food was good and more than enough to fill us. I was impressed with the flavor and size of the hamburger. It was very much like the ones you try to make at home.

I was also impressed that the fries were made from real Idaho potatoes as witnessed by the large stack of potato boxes along one wall. However, the fries were limp and not very hot. They were well cooked and looked like they may have been crispy at one time, but ours were not. We arrived at the end of the lunch hour so I suspect they cooked up a large amount of fries for the lunch crowd, then just kept them under the heat lamp hoping enough customers would come in to eat them. I would suggest to them to make their fries in more frequent, and smaller, batches to provide a more freshly cooked product. I mean, after all, they use real potatoes so why ruin them? Otherwise, just use fake fries!

They serve Coke products for soft drinks. Their menu says their milk shakes are made with real ice cream but we did not have shakes.

I thought their prices were a bit high. The burger was $5 which was a good price, but by the time we each added a soft drink and small fries the bill came to more than $18. But, it was a whole lot better than the $5 value meal at the other places.

I give Mooyah a four rating (based on burger cafes, not to compare with fine dining) because I like the place and the hamburger. I would have given a five if the fries would at least have been hot, if not crispy. But crisp would have been better.

I will give Mooyah at least a couple more tries. Anyone can have an off day, maybe this was the off day for fries.

• Visited March 2014