“Good price with snarly staff, updates slowly improving.”
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Billings
Cherry Tree Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Billings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over twenty years. The price is right and next to the hospitals. I have experienced mostly good stays here. It did get a little rough for a few years but is steadily improving in cleanliness, updates, and safety. The staff is not known for being warm and friendly and I was refused a refund or any compensation when the owner's son flooded my room from above and all my stuff. Their attitude is basically this, " We give a great price at a prime location; take it or leave it." Sometimes I leave it when I want a little spoiling and friendly service. Most of the time I take it; you cannot get a clean, updated room at a better price.
P.S. The exercise room has been "temporarily" out of service as long as I can remember!

Room Tip: Stay in the middle, first floor!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Cherry Tree Inn

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I chose this location based on other reviews but I do not recommend it and would not stay here again. I love a bargain and am always on a budget the rare chances I get to travel. I don't mind old, outdated or even a bit rundown. I draw the line at unclean and this place felt dirty. There were obvious fingerprints on every visible surface from the fridge door to the ice machine to the glass entrance doors. The handrailings felt grimy and the cheap carpet felt gritty through my thick "fuzzy socks". The general feel made my skin crawl... and the lack of a pool was a huge bummer but to be expected at this type of property. On the plus side, the staff was friendly, the price was right and the location was convenient to the hospital.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank B M
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when staying at this location. I travel a lot and have seen it al. This place had a lot of historic charm with its George Washington theme/décor. Beyond that, the centralized location was excellent, the rooms were spacious, and the employees were gracious/helpful. I also thought there was very good value. No shuttle, however, and the taxi prices can be steep for the short ride. Make sure you request the YELLOW TAXI, not the other one in town which is almost double the price (slight negative that the hotel uses the more expensive one - again, make sure you request to go with the Yellow Taxi). Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is an old motel which is now non smoking. It smells of air fresheners combined with musty stale smoke and age. It is convenient to the hospital and the room was as clean as possible I suppose but two of the lights did not work so I could not tell. People do smoke in the middle of the night and all around the building early mornings and evenings. When they leave in the early mornings the doors slam loudly. There are butts everywhere you walk outside. The upholstered love seat in the room smelled of vomit. All my clothing had to be washed to get rid of the generic fabric/air freshener smell after I got home. The air conditioner only worked on hi or off. The staff was friendly and helpful. The wi-fi works well. Get breakfast across the street at Perkins.

Room Tip: West side, upstairs...but I would not bother as there are much better places close by for $10 more.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Janice D
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have been coming to the cherry tree inn since Feb 2012 when my friend was diagnosed with cancer. They have always been GREAT. Wi-fi works great, employees are super friendly, rooms are clean what else could you ask for?? My dogs were welcomed and given treats on check in we really appreciate this place. Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Have stayed here numerous times over the years and most recently July 7&8, 2013. The rooms are very reasonably priced and the rooms have been updated and as usual very clean and comfortable. The location is excellent to the hospitals and Dehler Park for baseball and also downtown establishments. I highly recommend this place when your in Billings.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I had an early-morning doctor appointment, so selected this hotel for location and price. The location was excellent. My doctor's office at Billings Clinic was literally only one door down from the hotel. The price was great - under $60 (with tax). The room was very clean, except for a little mold/mildew on the caulking around the tub, but that's almost impossible to prevent. The bed was comfortable and attractively decorated. The furniture was nice. There are a number of antiques and other items displayed in/around the lobby that are interesting and give the the hotel a unique feel. Really quite nice, especially for the price. The lady who checked me out was very friendly. So......this was all good.

Just a couple of things that were not so good. The person who checked me in. I arrived around 9:30 p.m., and the gentleman behind th counter seemed truly annoyed that I was there. Quite unfriendly. I tried to stay positive and made a couple of comments to try and lighten the mood, but he was very obviously annoyed by my presence and just wanted me gone from his desk. After I got to my room, I discovered there was a username and password required for the internet, which was not available in the room, and not provided to me at check-in, so I called the desk. Again, the gentleman was very rude, and told me I had to go down to the front desk to get the username and password because he "had to print it out." I didn't mind going to the desk for the information, but really, he could have given it to me over the phone, mentioned it at check-in, or at least been at least a little polite. I really wonder if maybe this person should consider an occupation that does not involve contact with people, as he really seems to not like people very much.

The continental breakfast was not great. It includd the high carb. items that most low budget continental breakfasts include.....rolls, bread, muffins, juice, coffee. I think there was a waffle iron in the lobby. However, for the price, a person probably should not expect much more.

One other thing i should mention that might be important to some people.....the t.v. sets are old. Not flat screen. Didn't matter to me, but might be an issue for some.

Overall, I would stay here again. It is a good value, great location, and next time, i'll just walk half a block to Perkins for breakfast. I'll just be sure to try and check in early so I don't have to encounter the grumpy gentleman.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business