“Granddaughter's Birthday”
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Billings
Cherry Tree Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Billings B&B and Inns
Kinnear
“Granddaughter's Birthday”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is my go-to place when I visit my granddaughters. They love joining me in the room for the night. The rooms have never been disappointing. Clean, breakfast of rolls, bagels, toast, juice and coffee.Good location, down town, located across from the hospital. Can't beat the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank psims51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wolf Point, Montana
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The place is not for those who prefer minimalistic surrounds as the lobby sports a collection of fossils and could feel congested to some. I enjoyed it and I like the addition of antique stoves and dressers in the hall way, making it easier to find your room. Our room was small but clean and nicely appointed with a soft blanket. It had a fridge, microwave, blow dryer and toiletries. 71 bucks per night for 2. Breakfast was sparse but...they didn't call it breakfast. No fruit, milk or yogurt...but they had toast, pastries and waffles. Parking lot was icy after the big blizzard but that is too be expected.

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking and there is an elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LovesAgoodSwim
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our first visit to Billings. We had trouble finding the Cherry Tree (seeing the sign) in the dark, but our short stay was just fine. The climate control was very quiet. We stayed in the middle of the second floor. The room, bed, bathroom were fine. I didn't experience any of the negative things some reviewers had shared. The wi-fi signal was strong but a bit slow. We had to leave early in the morning so didn't have breakfast there. (It didn't look like we were missing anything...) Check-in clerk was a little hard to hear and understand, but check-in and out went smoothly. There are some interesting rocks and minerals and fossils in display cases in the front lobby! I wouldn't necessarily seek out this hotel if I stayed in Billings again. The location is right next to the hospital and just up the road from the Montana Women's State Prison.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask clerk for wi-fi accounts when you check in. You can do so later if you forget.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
cody wyoming
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over twenty years. The price is right and next to the hospitals. I have experienced mostly good stays here. It did get a little rough for a few years but is steadily improving in cleanliness, updates, and safety. The staff is not known for being warm and friendly and I was refused a refund or any compensation when the owner's son flooded my room from above and all my stuff. Their attitude is basically this, " We give a great price at a prime location; take it or leave it." Sometimes I leave it when I want a little spoiling and friendly service. Most of the time I take it; you cannot get a clean, updated room at a better price.
P.S. The exercise room has been "temporarily" out of service as long as I can remember!

Room Tip: Stay in the middle, first floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kalispell
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I chose this location based on other reviews but I do not recommend it and would not stay here again. I love a bargain and am always on a budget the rare chances I get to travel. I don't mind old, outdated or even a bit rundown. I draw the line at unclean and this place felt dirty. There were obvious fingerprints on every visible surface from the fridge door to the ice machine to the glass entrance doors. The handrailings felt grimy and the cheap carpet felt gritty through my thick "fuzzy socks". The general feel made my skin crawl... and the lack of a pool was a huge bummer but to be expected at this type of property. On the plus side, the staff was friendly, the price was right and the location was convenient to the hospital.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank B M

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

Buffalo
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when staying at this location. I travel a lot and have seen it al. This place had a lot of historic charm with its George Washington theme/décor. Beyond that, the centralized location was excellent, the rooms were spacious, and the employees were gracious/helpful. I also thought there was very good value. No shuttle, however, and the taxi prices can be steep for the short ride. Make sure you request the YELLOW TAXI, not the other one in town which is almost double the price (slight negative that the hotel uses the more expensive one - again, make sure you request to go with the Yellow Taxi). Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
High River, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is an old motel which is now non smoking. It smells of air fresheners combined with musty stale smoke and age. It is convenient to the hospital and the room was as clean as possible I suppose but two of the lights did not work so I could not tell. People do smoke in the middle of the night and all around the building early mornings and evenings. When they leave in the early mornings the doors slam loudly. There are butts everywhere you walk outside. The upholstered love seat in the room smelled of vomit. All my clothing had to be washed to get rid of the generic fabric/air freshener smell after I got home. The air conditioner only worked on hi or off. The staff was friendly and helpful. The wi-fi works well. Get breakfast across the street at Perkins.

Room Tip: West side, upstairs...but I would not bother as there are much better places close by for $10 more.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business