“It's a hole, but food is always great!!”
Review of Torres Cafe

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
West Chester, Ohio
“It's a hole, but food is always great!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have been to Torres on a few occasions and will keep going back! I have always ordered really great food! The tacos actually have freshly made taco shells! I was very impressed by their quality. I have had their burritos and I loved their beef in chili verde that comes with a lot of their entrees (cannot remember what it is called exactly). I would recommend this place for great Mexican food in Billings!

• Visited September 2011

Billings
“Dont waste your time!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

chili verde? hello!!! should be in a green sauce to me-this was a brown sauce and not good. Did not finish the meal and never went back.

Red Lodge, Montana
“Authentic and Fresh”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have been on a search for Flauta's that are made with authenticity. I have ordered this plate at every mexican resturant I have eaten at in 3 states. The chicken/beef Flauta's are the best I have had next to home made. The guacamole and sourcream are fresh and real, not the mix you get at other places. The service was amazing and the prices were fair, a little on the high side but the price of fresh food is worth every penny! The atmosphere was inviting but we felt a little out of place. The business has obviously been there a very long time and needs some upgrades. The food is worth going.

• Visited April 2011
helena
“Torres is memorable”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I have to agree with all the other reviews of Torres. The layout and atmosphere are odd, there is no liquor license, carbs and fat are definitely on the menu. Still I remember the Lupita Especiale to this day. I know it is just a bunch of cheese, cream, and chile that I dipped warm homemade tortillas in, but it is still a great flavor combination. The old Torres was more fun, but sometimes I just need a fix of that Lupita Especiale.

• Visited July 2010
Billings, Montana
“Some things never change... thank heavens”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

If you are looking for authentic Billings, then Torres is it. This restaurant goes back three generations and continues to serve the same basic Mexican cooking and that's what keeps people coming back. My kids grew up going to Torres and now there just reaches a point in time when they have to go to Torres. They have their same favorites and say hello to some of the same people they saw growing up. . . They make their own tortilllas. Probably not a good place to go if you are dieting. Good Mexican home cooking is what I think of -- kind of pricey, which is why we don't go quite as often as we used to.

• Visited February 2011