“Homemade Fast Food-Unique”

Cuisines: American
Billings, MT USA
“Homemade Fast Food-Unique”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I enjoy eating at King's Hat. Their food is consistent and homemade. Their fries are among the best. Feel fortunate to have this family-run drive-in in our town.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank bebeepcarol

“Always great”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This place is the best for a great greasy burger and handcut fries.. Always made to order and pricing is the best!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Iris V
“Always awesome”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This place is always awesome. Fresh food put down when you order and the prices are pretty good too. If you want a great greasy burger, this is the place to go.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Iris V
“Nostalgia”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My gramps used to take me through the Kings Hat in the 60's in his old pick up so I have to give it a 10. Such a busy place and the first old style drive through in Billings. Food is good and greasy and yummy and a great value. I miss it!

Tempe, Arizona
“Nearly perfect for what it is!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I've love'd going to the King's Hat for as long as I can remember. I moved from Billings nearly 20 years ago but I still have family and friends in Billings. Each time I return to Billings I make it a point to stop at the King's Hat and grab a few flying saucer burgers. The King's Hat is a simple little drive in that's been there since the 40's. I really appreciate the little place for what it is. It's not a chain fast food joint, it's a mom and pop type of establisment. It's rough around the edges (at least it was when I was there) and that, to me, is part of what makes it special. I think the food is pretty good, but as another review said the line for the drive thru can be really long = that means there's something good here!

What is it about the flying saucer burgers? They're not that great, but they're awesome at the same time. It's a 25 cent hamburger patty with the fixings of your choice, in between what seems to be two pieces of sandwich bread. The bread is sealed all the way around in a round flying saucer shape by some kind of panini/waffle contraption that hasn't been made in 50 years. I feel like a kid when I eat one these.

Some people might not be able to appreciate the taste of history that the King's Hat serves up. It's a rustic feel with real food - It's not an automated every-burger-is-identicle like McD's or Burger King. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

I really hope that this place never changes.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Rob L

Been to Kings Hat? Share your experiences!