“Always a pleasure”
Review of Rex - CLOSED

Rex
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th St N.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I love the lighting in the place - lots and lots of windows. I hate dark bars. This is located in the heart of the historic district and reeks of atmosphere. I have yet to have a bad meal here and this is usually the place I take out of town visitors. Perfect for enjoying the company of friends. The staff is very pleasant and accomodating. In the summer the patio is the place to enjoy your meal but the noise from the traffic can be a bit much on the odd occassion.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Expected a lot of fried food and not much else but was pleasantly surprised by some of the offered entrees. Prices were a bit higher than I would have liked. Great beer selection!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stopped here for the smoked meat we heard about on the Food Network and were not disappointed.

I had the Smoked Brisket Sandwich and my husband had the smoked Brisket meal. There was so much meat that I could not eat my bun - I focused on the brisket. It was absolutely delicious on its own and with the variety of sauces Rex's makes.

I highly recommend going here if you are in Billings and eating off the smoked menu. YUMMY! Definitely will be back the next time we go the Billings and I will try the chicken next.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were staying overnight in Bilings and this restaurant was recomended. The service was excellent and the food was very good. We were only having something light to eat, but having seen the steaks being served up we were sorry that we could not come back the following evening to try them! The staff were friendly and attentive and the place had a pleasant relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We ate on Rex's patio. It was charming. The food was fine, not the greatest that I have ever had, but it was quite adequate and the overall experience was quite wonderful. I would eat here again. We walked down from our hotel. It was a pleasant walk. On our return Billings was having its first Friday art night so all of the galleries between the Rex and the Crown Plaza where we stayed were fun.