“Complete turnaround - great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelly Inn Billings

Kelly Inn Billings
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Seminole, FL
“Complete turnaround - great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

We are a family of five driving across the US and I am glad we stayed here for two nights. Great value, great beds, great service. The new manager Gail has been there for one year and has fixed the problems that seem to have been there before (based on previous reviews). We ended up staying here because the Springhill Suites nearby was full, and I am glad it was because this is better value. And they have American cleaning who actually speak English.

If you have read any of my previous reviews, you know I am a value shopper. Sometimes I travel alone, sometimes with the entire family. Given what we got for $85 per night, I would strongly recommend this to any family. We usually stay at chains (Hampton, HI Express etc.) and were a bit hesitant about this one. But it was great.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank junglecat64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sheridan, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My husband was in the hospital for 6 weeks and I had to stay alone in a motel to be near him. The staff was very caring and accommodated to my every need. My room was the largest I have ever been in. Beds were wonderful. It made a very unpleasant time not so bad after all.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
glinnell, General Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully your next visit will be for leisure instead of medical reasons.
Best Regards,

Gail Linnell
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

My family and I stayed here while attending a wedding. The staff was so accommodating and friendly. They made our trip, which had some other snags, very pleasant! We needed to switch some rooms around and although they were very busy they did a wonderful job of pleasing everyone – which isn’t easy in my family. The manager, Gail, was especially helpful. My husband overslept and missed breakfast but she brought items back out for him a half hour after putting everything away. We are planning a family reunion in Billings next year and will definitely stay here again. Although a little updating could be done as far as furniture and tv’s, everything was so clean and fresh we didn’t mind at all.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

Arrived late at night and was so tired. The room was so clean and quiet. I went right to sleep and didn't wake up once during the night. The room was spacious with down comforter and nice pillows. I will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
glinnell, General Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Thank you for the excellent review. A good night's sleep and superior service are what we strive to provide to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

Decided to stay here because it was right off I 90. I was assigned a room on first floor, first floor has there own entrance i was kind of excited about that. Pulled up to my room got out all my bags went to my door and it was locked so i had to go all the way inside get a cart bring it back out side load up my bags and go in from the inside door. So that ruined having the outside door to begin with. I open my room and it was non smoking mind you, it reaked of smoke bad. The comforter on the bed was white and had little tiny black stains on it, it was also all lumpy on one side. Opened the fridge to put my food in there that smelt of old moldy food, and was very dirty. Woke up in the morning to house keepers yelling at eachother halfway down the hall way telling eachother what they have for the day. Went to go take a shower moved the shh\ower curtain only to find long black hairs behind the stained pink curtain when i grabbed a towel it was had holes oll over it along with a few stains. I will never stay in this hotel again. Those of you saying " oh it could be different for me " it wont be this place looks like a hooker motel trying to be highclass hooker hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank sagesmith51
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant stay you experienced. It is very unfortunate that your stay started off on a bad note with the outside door lock and snowballed from there. Please know that I have discussed this situation with the housekeeping staff to ensure that deadbolts are left unlocked on the outside doors so they are accessible for arriving guests. The condition of the room as you described it is certainly unacceptable and had we known at the time, we would have glady moved into a different room.
I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in.
Gail Linnell
In the Country in Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

The hotel looked great online. My 4 year old daughter and I were going to Billings to visit my 8 year old son. So the pool seemed like a great plus for the kids. The pool was great, even though it was a little chilly. When we checked in, the front desk clerk was a little rude and unaccomodating. I requested a ground floor room since I had kids who can be loud, but we were put on the 3rd floor. My son reached under the bed to retrieve a shoe and got his hand stuck in a mouse-insect glue trap EWWWW. There was a bus-load of high schoolers at the hotel one night we were there. I didn't mind the extra noise. I did mind that one of other guest flipped my "service please" sign to "privacy please" while we were out all day. We were lucky to get extra towels and trash service that day at almost 5pm. I wanted to fill out the comment card, but the sign at the front desk announced the hotel was changing hands to a Kelly Inn. Maybe that will improve the service. None of the front desk staff was very friendly or helpful. It definitely put a damper on what should have been a great visit.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank karchasto
Cody, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

We live about 2 hours away from Billings and wanted a short vacation away from home. We spent one night and enjoyed the restaurants and shopping in town. The hotel had in room coffee and a great continental breakfast. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Walking distance to the Cracker Barrel restaurant and store.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family