“Very Nice Hotel!!”
Review of Kelly Inn Billings

Kelly Inn Billings
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My wife and I were passing through Billings, MT on a business/pleasure trip looking for a hotel that accepted pets. We found the Kelly Inn on-line and stopped there without reservations. The hotel was on the outskirts in a quiet area with plenty of free parking. The room was very clean and appeared to be newly renovated. Beds were comfortable too. Room had doors that led into the hotel hallway and also an outside exit to the room where we were able to park our vehicle right outside our door. All in all, a nice affordable hotel that we'd stay at again and recommend.

Room Tip: This nice hotel accepts pets.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 July 2011

We were looking for a cheap room and they had it, but when you got in the room, it didn't feel cheap. Stayed in a room with 2 queens and a pullout. Very spacious and very clean - especially for a pet friendly hotel. Maybe could use an upgrade on the tvs as there was only one smaller one in the room, but it still served its purpose. Loved the staff - very friendly. Free breakfast - kids loved it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We are a family of five driving across the US and I am glad we stayed here for two nights. Great value, great beds, great service. The new manager Gail has been there for one year and has fixed the problems that seem to have been there before (based on previous reviews). We ended up staying here because the Springhill Suites nearby was full, and I am glad it was because this is better value. And they have American cleaning who actually speak English.

If you have read any of my previous reviews, you know I am a value shopper. Sometimes I travel alone, sometimes with the entire family. Given what we got for $85 per night, I would strongly recommend this to any family. We usually stay at chains (Hampton, HI Express etc.) and were a bit hesitant about this one. But it was great.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank junglecat64
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My husband was in the hospital for 6 weeks and I had to stay alone in a motel to be near him. The staff was very caring and accommodated to my every need. My room was the largest I have ever been in. Beds were wonderful. It made a very unpleasant time not so bad after all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
glinnell, General Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully your next visit will be for leisure instead of medical reasons.
Best Regards,

Gail Linnell

Reviewed 13 May 2011

My family and I stayed here while attending a wedding. The staff was so accommodating and friendly. They made our trip, which had some other snags, very pleasant! We needed to switch some rooms around and although they were very busy they did a wonderful job of pleasing everyone – which isn’t easy in my family. The manager, Gail, was especially helpful. My husband overslept and missed breakfast but she brought items back out for him a half hour after putting everything away. We are planning a family reunion in Billings next year and will definitely stay here again. Although a little updating could be done as far as furniture and tv’s, everything was so clean and fresh we didn’t mind at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Arrived late at night and was so tired. The room was so clean and quiet. I went right to sleep and didn't wake up once during the night. The room was spacious with down comforter and nice pillows. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
glinnell, General Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Thank you for the excellent review. A good night's sleep and superior service are what we strive to provide to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2011

Decided to stay here because it was right off I 90. I was assigned a room on first floor, first floor has there own entrance i was kind of excited about that. Pulled up to my room got out all my bags went to my door and it was locked so i had to go all the way inside get a cart bring it back out side load up my bags and go in from the inside door. So that ruined having the outside door to begin with. I open my room and it was non smoking mind you, it reaked of smoke bad. The comforter on the bed was white and had little tiny black stains on it, it was also all lumpy on one side. Opened the fridge to put my food in there that smelt of old moldy food, and was very dirty. Woke up in the morning to house keepers yelling at eachother halfway down the hall way telling eachother what they have for the day. Went to go take a shower moved the shh\ower curtain only to find long black hairs behind the stained pink curtain when i grabbed a towel it was had holes oll over it along with a few stains. I will never stay in this hotel again. Those of you saying " oh it could be different for me " it wont be this place looks like a hooker motel trying to be highclass hooker hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank sagesmith51

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant stay you experienced. It is very unfortunate that your stay started off on a bad note with the outside door lock and snowballed from there. Please know that I have discussed this situation with the housekeeping staff to ensure that deadbolts are left unlocked on the outside doors so they are accessible for arriving guests. The condition of the room as you described it is certainly unacceptable and had we known at the time, we would have glady moved into a different room.
I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in.
Gail Linnell