“Defines "average"”
Review of Kelly Inn Billings

Kelly Inn Billings
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Kelly Inn is middle-of-the-road, the definition of average. Which isn't a bad thing. It was totally clean (my main concern), but nothing over-the-top. The only cleanliness complaint is the maid left a washcloth hanging in our shower from the previous person. With that one exception, carpets, bathroom, furniture were all clean.

Our room was on the third floor and was pretty quiet except for some minor hallway noise. The room had a microwave, mini-fridge and coffeemaker. The hairdryer wouldn't stay on for more than a few minutes at a time before dying, and the free wireless worked less than 25 percent of the time, which was a major disappointment. There is a wired computer with printer in the lobby for printing boarding passes.

Breakfast was free but minimal, with two types of sugary cereal, oatmeal, machine-juice, bagels/biscuits, a bin of yogurts and some frozen sausage patties you could heat up in the microwave. The first day, the coffee machine at breakfast was really watery, but that must have been a blip.

The pool and hot tub are decent-sized and clean, and the fitness room was a plus, although I couldn't get the treadmill to work. The hotel's location is convenient to the interstate and to chain-store shopping, but not particularly close to downtown or the interesting stuff.

Service at the hotel was cordial but not super friendly. I'd stay here again, but only for a better price. We paid $99 through Priceline, but the room was quoted on the hotel's website at $129. It definitely was not worth that.

If you have time in Billings, be sure to drive up to the rimrocks that overlook the city. Beautiful view, especially at sunset!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SushiFoodie

Reviewed 1 September 2012

The positives: The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet.
The Negatives: The room was very overpriced. $129 for a "suite", which was simply a room with 2 beds and a couch. The bathroom was NOT clean. Hair all over the floor and tub; disgusting. The room was frigid when we arrived.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheila D
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We have stayed here several times and always gotten a good room. This time, we were put in a room on the 3rd floor. We asked to change and told we couldn't because the room we wanted was a different rate. WHAT? We were paying cash and would have gladly paid the difference. The room we were put in was at the farthest end from the stairs, lobby or elevator. A long way for me who is disabled. We were next to a noisy ice machine and kids were running up and down the hall.

Room Tip: If you want ease of room access, don't book on line. Call and request a ground floor room with...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz G
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The first hotel on our trip where the room was positively spacious, had no funny odors, everything was brightly lit and clean. The pool was nice as well. And the price was better than all the other hotel rooms we had stayed at so far! Nothing negative to say about the room or facilities. Breakfast was largely carbs, so I passed on the hotel breakfast, but that's just my choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

While researching hotels in Billings I noticed the name brands were higher than I wanted to pay but all had 2 star ratings. Kelly Inn was less expensive and had a higher rating so I thought I'd give it a try. Very comfortable and conveniently located just off the interstate but quiet. Nice pool and hot tub. Fridge and microwave in the room which is larger than average. Breakfast was rather limited with no eggs but tasty pastries. Pet friendly - and I don't think I paid a pet fee. Being asked to sign a statement allowing them to call animal control if I left the dog unattended was a bit unusual but since I don't leave the dog it wasn't an issue.

Room Tip: Some rooms face east so late sleepers may want the western side of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Even after booking in advance I was subjected to room 228, right next to the stair case! Who says people are lazy and only use the elevator? All night long that staircase was in use, impossible to sleep. At lease the kids were passed out.... Never again! Sorry!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Larasworld
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I made a reservation in April for a two nights' stay in July in a room with two queen beds, directly from the kellyinnbillings.com website. Before leaving on my trip from Germany, I checked the website again, just to be sure that everything with the reservation was in order. Yes, the reservation was marked as confirmed.
We arrived at midnight at the hotel, and the woman at the front desk said that there was no reservation under our name, and the room type I booked was no longer available. She could offer us two luxury rooms, however. Exhausted after a 24 hour trip, and not wanting to have to search for another hotel, we just took the rooms. What else can you do?
So instead of paying $84 a night for two nights, we're paying prime rates (over $250 per night) for two luxury rooms.
With some additional inquiries, it seems that my credit card declined the transaction in April, and so my reservation was automatically cancelled. I made the booking with my USA phone number, my USA address, and my e-mail address, I was never notified of a cancellation. Moreover, the website STILL lists my reservation as confirmed.
In response to my complaints, the hotel staff said that it was my fault, I shouldn't try to make a booking with a credit card that gets turned down. You can be guaranteed that, with that kind of customer service and care, I will never again be staying at the Kelly Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family