“less than average sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Ginger - CLOSED

Sweet Ginger
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
billings, mt
“less than average sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have had bad quality sushi here twice and will not be back

“Finally good Sushi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My friend and I moved here from large cities full of Sushi and we have been searching for a good place to get sushi! Finally found it! It is quite pricey ... a little expensive for lunch but a great place for a date or nice dinner! We will definitely go back!! Yay!!

Broomfield, Colorado
“way over priced for average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I was so surprised when I popped into Sweet Ginger and opened a menu.... the prices were very high. I decided to try it anyway, and had horrible wonton soup and average General Tsao chicken. My bill was $22.00. I would not even consider eating the egg drop soup. The color was bright orange. The restaurant is very clean and well decorated. The staff very polite. Too many better places to eat in Billings. Don't do it!!

• Visited November 2011
Billings, Montana
“Outstanding Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I took my girlfriend here since she love sushi, and Chinese food. I have to say that until I went to Sweet Ginger I was not a big fan of either. I ordered the Kung Pau trio and my girl friend ordered the General Tsao's Chicken. Both were good, but could have been more spicy. Our waiter told us after we ate that we could have ordered it hotter. Would have been nice to know that prior to. The salad was good, the fresh in-house dressing was awesome! It was Ginger-Sesame. The sushi was very good and changed my mind on this dish. We ordered it with rice paper rather than sea weed. I had eaten sushi with sea weed before and did not like it. The rice paper was a marked improvement! The pricing is moderate and the atmosphere is what you would expect. The plum Saki was excellent! In all this is a very good place to eat, especially if you like sushi and/or Chinese food.

• Visited October 2011
valparaiso, Indiana
“wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Imagine our pleasure when we found a really good Asian restaurant on a recent two day visit to Billings. We shared two sushi dishes and wished we could have found room for at least another but it was lunchtime. We had joined a good crowd of apparently faithful patrons. The owners are cordial and helpful. The decor is pleasant and calm. In addition to a lovely asian mural, there are three large photos of the owners as children in mainland China and as bride and groom in Taiwan. The care and pride they feel about Sweet Ginger's is apparent in the spotlessness of the establishment and the lovely presentation.

• Visited July 2011