“Great Christmas Decor”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Berkshires, MA
“Great Christmas Decor”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Tastefully decorated for Christmas. Regular western-themed decor is very nice, as well: some fun, subtle touches. We stayed in large suite, for two, with jacuzzi; spacious, comfortable. Bed and TV appear new. Enjoyed the rustic style decor. Staff was very friendly and helpful during our Christmas week stay. Continental breakfast was better and more extensive (incl. hot items) than most, including two kinds of pancakes made as we watched. Coffee/tea/fruit. available 24/7. Fitness center. available all day. Nice pool, with many attractions for younger kids, but not really a fitness pool. Small business center. Our only negative was the thin walls - not too bad, but would have preferred quieter.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
michigan
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The rooms were clean and quiet, and ours (first floor) had a door to the outside and one to the hall. Very convenient when unloading a bunch of luggage, etc. Breakfast was okay - nothing special. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only one treadmill in the fitness room, which really ticked off the girl who got there right after I did. Fiddler's Green (bar food) is right down the street if you are too tired to search for a place to eat. Food was okay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We arrived at this hotel late in the evening. But, I wish we would have had more time to enjoy this beautiful hotel. The decor was perfect for our Montana visit. Beautiful colors and the art blended in well with the western theme. There were even cute "bear tracks" on the floor of the elevator and a cute bear peeking in our window. The staff was very pleasant and our bed was comfortable. I would love to return soon!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Covina, California
Reviewed 29 October 2011

This motel was very comfortable, rooms were clean and spacious enough with good TV. If you are into Casino's, there is one directly across the parking lot, just walk across. They served a great breakfast and we were very satisfied here. Front desk staff was friendly. Would stay here again on a future road trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
bratrat, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you for your comments about our property and staff. We appreciate the time you took to post your review. We hope you will come back to visit us soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I checked in to the Best Western after reviewing the property on Trip Advisor so I was expecting a better experience.

I checked into the room at around 9pm on 10/26 for a one night stay. When I first opened the door to room 235 the smell was a combination of sour water and deodorizer. It wasn't overwhelming but it was certainly noticeable. I didn't question the cleanliness of the room because I have smelled this odor before when someone shampoos a carpet and leaves it too wet.

I slept in the room as it was only one night and I didn't really care. The next morning I woke up and went to take shower to find that the hot water in the room was not working. I called the front desk to see if they could fix the problem to find out that "the maintenance guy doesn't come in until 8am". I explained that I had to leave for a meeting at 8am and received "I'm sorry". So I took my cold shower.

When I was checking out I went to the desk to find a manager and was greeted by the manager who told me that she remembered my call that morning. When I told her about the smell in the room added to the fact that I couldn't take a warm shower, her first question was "did you call us last night about the smell". I replied in the negative as the smell alone wouldn't have caused a complaint, but a combination of the two issues made it a bigger deal. Her response was "I can take $25.00 off the bill for you".

While the property seemed fine, the staff definitely has issues with problem resolution. I would suggest offering an apology and an apparent care for your customer when presented with a problem. I would also suggest giving the guest a second choice when you are unable to resolve a problem to their satisfaction. In other words, perhaps offering the use of a shower in a vacant room around my room could have been an option. It is certainly costs less than $25.00 to clean the bathroom of a vacant room and would have allowed me to feel as though I had options.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DougS117
It is always our goal to give great customer service and in your case, we should definitely have offered another room for you to shower in and also discounted your room for the inconvenience. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future to better serve you.
washington d.c.
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This place exudes western charm and hospitality. The staff was friendly and helpful from my time of arrival, the room was clean, the facility itself has been recently spruced up, and there was an adequate number of cable TV channels. Less than stellar were the beds (too soft for my taste) and the unimaginative and carb- and calorie- heavy continental breakfast. I did appreciate the cookies later in the day (though they didn't last long) and the bowl of fruit (apples and bananas) that was refilled throughout most of the day. They also have afternoon treats after 5 PM although I did not take advantage. There is a fancy decent-sized indoor pool with cartoon characters intended more for families than the single business traveler.

Room Tip: Be sure to request an airport pickup from their shuttle to save $25.00!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 8 October 2011

If you are traveling with kids it would be THE place to stay! The pool area looked like a lot of fun and made me wish the grand kids were with me! The staff was as helpful as they could be. I did like the ground floor room because it had an outside and inside door! I was able to park right outside the door and bring everything in to repack, reorganize, and get it back into the truck with ease. Plus the inside door made it easy to get to rest of the place! I was traveling solo so I found it a bit over priced for all the things I didn't use, but if you were traveling as a group, this would be a good place to stay. As a solo traveler I think I would shop around for a better price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo