Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
US$120
US$117
US$118
US$136
Ledgestone Hotel Billings(Billings)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$100
US$93
Agoda.com
US$159
All reviewsbears climbingmini water parkpool areabest westernscookiesgreat for kidsgreat poolthird floorplace to staynice hotelhot tubparking lotwafflesrooms are spaciouswater slidesthe breakfast areaexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Staff at the hotel were great. Room was clean. Guests and parking lot was terrible. Our car was dented twice in two days. Kids were running up and down the hallways. People even put dirty diapers in the hallway outside their room door.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd B
bratrat, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our front desk and housekeeping staff...it is much appreciated. Although our staff tries to monitor the hallways when not busy completing other tasks, it's unfortunate that you found garbage in the hallway before we were able to remove it and that parents allowed their children to run unsupervised. We do hope that you called the local authorities to report the damage to your vehicle and that they were responsive to your reported issue.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Nice, clean room. Comfortable beds, friendly staff. Breakfast area was well stocked. There was even hot soup if we wanted when we arrived the night before. I was there for an early morning dental appt. Ask about their rates for medical, AAA, AARP and promotions. I was advised to call next time as I booked on line through AAA and AAA's website does not contain all the info you need to know if you travel with dogs. We just don't leave our dogs home if we are gone overnight. I had reserved a king size bed and paid for one. However, I ended up with 2 queens, as pets are not allowed on the 3rd floor where the king rooms are. Not the hotels fault. I will deal with AAA. The outside area was great for walking the dogs, room had outside door and inside door to access the front desk area. Just right for our needs.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for the best rooms and prices
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

We always enjoy hearing that our "four-legged" guests have been welcomed at our property. Thank you for your gracious comments about our staff and hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

First: please note that there is a Kelly Inn as well as the Best Western Kelly Inn in Billings. Having looked at the reviews for the non-BW Kelly Inn, I get the distinct feeling some guests are erroneously posting their reviews for the Best Western Kelly Inn under the other property’s listing. This review is for the Best Western, which is fee-free pet-friendly and offers ground level accommodations with both an exterior and interior door.

I was planning to give this property a 4 star review. Our first five nights were fine, but the last three (a weekend) were so awful, I cannot in good conscience recommend it to anyone unless you can sleep through anything, or you’re not traveling with a dog (and can therefore request a top floor room). We booked a weeklong+ stay online, requesting a pet-friendly king “business” room with our AAA rate. At check-in, my husband was told that the only room available was a two queen setup. Why? Because one night – the next night – there wasn’t a king room available. We could take a king for the first night, then we’d have to move and then we could move again the third night. This didn’t make a lot of sense to me. If we also had a reservation and were staying for over a week, why would they say that someone who wasn’t even there yet had precedence? Fortunately, the manager saw to it that we were given a king room for the length of our stay, requiring no move.

The room itself was nice. We were on the west side of the building, which meant our vehicle could be parked literally at our front door. It was easy to walk the dog. The second half of our stay it became impossible to get the spaces in front of our room. There were a lot of guests with large trucks, and we were required to either trip through the ankle-breaking rock gardens or squeeze in between others’ large vehicles. This is tough when you’re trying to bring your suitcases and whatnot in or out, especially when it’s icy.

I’m surprised by the number of complaints about the comfort of the beds. I sleep in a super soft bed at home and typically find the average hotel bed uncomfortable, or at least that it induces some sort of ache. The king bed we had was perfectly comfortable – I had no problems. There were five pillows on the bed, but we travel with our own.

The microwave took up most of the bathroom counter, which was unfortunate. There was a nice little shelf tucked behind the interior door, which held the coffeemaker and ice bucket. It’s too bad they didn’t design the rooms to accommodate the microwave elsewhere. We had problems with things in the refrigerator freezing, even though we turned it all the way down and tried to keep items away from the freezer part. It was a nice sized fridge, though, and we were happy to have it.

We did not make use of the “waterpark” style pool. It was actually a negative to us when we were deciding if that’s where we wanted to stay…and we were right. We enjoyed a very quiet work week, but then come Friday night, a loud family was given the room directly above us and we had to listen to their stomping for the entire weekend. After 11PM the second night, we called the front desk and complained, but the noise continued until after 1AM again. Management insisted it was not the same guest(s)…so that means everyone sounds that loud.

We did not partake in the “free” breakfast. I would prefer not to absorb the extra cost of a hotel offering such things, but travelers seem to demand it (and then complain very loudly in reviews about the quality of the “free” breakfast). People - it’s not free!

The heating/cooling system drove us bonkers. It was an under-the-window unit, with a wall control. As it was winter, we desired a heat setting. There was no such option on the control for “heat” or “cool”, simply an up/down temperature, with auto/lo/high fan settings. If you cranked it up, you could get hot air to blow and toast up the room nicely. Then you’d try to turn it down a bit, but the system would immediately switch to blowing cold air. We turned the system to “OFF” in an effort to stop the cold air from blowing, but soon discovered that the fan came on, once every five minutes, for ten seconds. It blew cold air, no matter what. This was extremely frustrating, as there was a plastic hood over the vents, directing this cold air to blow directly onto the bed. All. Night. Long. I can’t say if every unit in the building functions this way. If you’re traveling in the winter, check out your unit before you unpack everything.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank On_the_road_again_19
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Rooms were very nice, comfortable and clean. Hotel had a very nice pool area with lots of activities! Although the hotel was a little "in the middle of nowhere", there was a nice minigolf and gamehall just across the street. Also an authentic Mexican restaurant very close, I can recommend. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms were quite nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
bratrat, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your compliments about our hotel. We appreciate the time you took to let us and other travelers know what you liked about our property. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

My wife and children have stayed at this Best Western numerous times and have always had a pleasant time. This time though, I was unable to sleep due to the extremely loud swimming pool area, that was directly underneath our room. I called the front desk and they informed me that the pool area, would be open tell 11. Furthermore the hotel was sold out, so I would not be able to switch my room. I spoke with a manager the following morning and was offered a whole $15 dollar discount for my lack of sleep on my $100 bill.

On a side note all of my previous stays I would rank as very good to excellent.

Room Tip: Never accept a room over the pool at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank wait303

Our water playland does attract many guests, but I am sorry that the activity in that area interrupted your sleep and we had no other room to move you to. We do appreciate return guests like you and since your other stays with us have been good, we hope you will return to stay with us again and give us an opportunity to better serve you.