“Buyer Beware - Confirmed booking wasn't held”

Lexington Inn & Suites Billings
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Bethesda, Maryland
“Buyer Beware - Confirmed booking wasn't held”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This was my first time making reservations with the Lexington Inn and Suites company and I will never stay with them again. Despite having a reservation confirmation, they overbooked the hotel for the night and ended up giving away my requested 2 bed room. I ended up staying because it was late but can't offer any positive comments.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank christine r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We didn't have a reservation and needed to stop in Billings. Tried to call various motels and found that all along Interstate 90 were booked. Figure it was busy season and Sturgis Motocycle Rally was on. We didn't have much time to look over the place but the bed was comfortable and we were on the road early. We got a suite with a separate bedroom and sitting area with pull-out couch. As there was three of us, one had the couch. There were no pillows or blankets in the room for the hide-a-bed but front desk provided linens with our request.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I was very concerned that this hotel would not be very good since it is not part of a national chain. I was pleasantly surprised. The price was right, the room and breakfast were just as good as any other hotel.
We went to the Italian restaurant across the parking lot. Don't bother, it's over-priced and the the service is terrible.

Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Had booked a reservation for La Quinta in July for a shopping trip. A week before the trip I learned that it was now changed to the Lexington Inn and Suites. I was concerned that my discount rate would not be honoured but the new owners honoured my exisiting reservation with no problems at all. Room was excellent and beds were comfy. Made use of the fridge as well as the pool several nights. Loved that the pool was open till 11 pm so we didn't have to rush back from shopping in the evening. Continental breakfast was adequate. Even managed to get new tires put on from a business right by the hotel at a good price. The only negative feature was the internet was very slow. Would stay there again if they had some sort of discount codes, (La Quinta has) that we could use but have not been able to find anything for this chain. If I had to pay their regular prices I would probably look elsewhere.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I Checked in after a bad experience with another hotel in the area and was at first impressed. Then the didn't clean my room, I had to request towels and soap, they apologized but I moved out. The room was food sized and clean with a refrigerator and microwave which I liked. Also, they had adequate electrical outlets for the modern traveler. These guys have tremendous potential but until they get the bugs worked out they are loosing customers. They lost me that's for sure. Oh, and the free breakfast - don't waste your time.

• Stayed July 2011
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 July 2011

When we arrived we were greeted and a nice plate of cookies at the check in as well. The Hotel use to be A La Quinta Inn but recently changed ownership. They are still working out the bugs in their check in process but they were friendly. The indoor pool was average but clean and the maintenance man got our kids some pool toys to play with from the hotel storage. In the back of the hotel they have a dog area set aside as well. All and all a good stay for a family with a small dog.

Room Tip: Hotel has a continental breakfast offered....
Minneapolis
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Due to unforeseen vehicle repairs, we needed to spend 4 nights in Billings. The front desk was kind and incredibly helpful over the phone and in person, setting us up in an affordable room and offering myriad suggestions about how to spend our time in Billings. The hotel interior is attractive and it smells nice, sort of like the Venetian in Vegas but not as overpowering. The rooms were comfortable and quiet but a little on the small side--not as small as a Microtel but not as large as some 2 queen rooms that I've been in. The room has a desk, wireless, and a stuffed rocker that I found relaxing after 12 hours on the road. The hot tub was hot and operational. Our kids loved playing in the pool. Pool is a typical pool. Looks like there's an outside patio area that would be nice on hot days. Breakfast was typical of this type of hotel but the pancake machine appears to be out of commission for the weekend--just like our car. I'm very pleased with our choice and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011