“Very good standard chain hotel”

Lexington Inn & Suites Billings
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very good standard chain hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a nice hotel in west Billings which is sort of a quasi-industrial, commercial area. It is close to lots of malls and restaurants. Downtown Billings is only about ten minutes away. The rooms were well outfitted, clean and roomy enough. There was a free breakfast that was okay. Lots of sugary things along with sausages and biscuits.
One strange occurrence that I mentioned to the front desk was that housekeeping on the third floor knocked on ever door at 8:45 a.m. to see if the room was empty for cleaning! With checkout time at 11:00 a.m. I failed to see the urgency of the cleaning crew.

Room Tip: I don't think one side of the building or the other makes a difference. I did hear children runn...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Grayling7
bgonz, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Thank you for leaving a review on Trip Advisor. I will reevaluate the breakfast selection to see if it may need improving. With housekeeping I have spoke to the housekeeping manager and the rooms that they were knocking on said that they were vacant, however, we always knock and announce ourselves at all times. I appreciate your feedback on your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Once again the Lexington served our travel needs well. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The star of this trip goes to "Dee" who oversees the breakfast room. I got tired watching how hard and fast she worked. She kept the tables clean between users--much appreciated! At one point during breakfast she made an announcement--thanking the family who was having a family reunion for their kindness and the joy she found working for them and just getting to meet them.

I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for leaving such a complimenting review on Trip Advisor for us. Dee is the sunshine in the morning for our breakfast. She is always making our guests feel welcome and like they are "home away from home". We look forward to seeing you soon.
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The front desk crew are very helpful, cheerful, and customer oriented. The rooms are clean and adequate (except for the loose toilet bowl base - reported it but did not asked for immediate repair/attention).

Recommended areas of improvement.

(1) House keeping crew are very slow and very noisy. My friend witnessed one of them dropped the F bomb. :( . I was there for 4 nights but I never asked my room to be serviced under than coffee refills.

(2) I have no problem with limited and old gym equipment as long as they are safe and operational. Treadmill was broken, horizontal bike's seat cannot be adjusted, elliptical machine squeaks, the multi-weight machine's cables and pulleys are frayed and looks unsafe. :(

Room Tip: Pick rooms furthest away from the elevator, stairs, and ice machines.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank azzklaun
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. I do not tolerate the language that was used by one of our housekeepers. I spoke with the housekeeping manager and she assured me that it will not happen again. I have also spoke with the maintenance manager and he is looking at all of the equipment to have what is broken fixed. We did replace the treadmill. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove that our guests come first. We looki forward to seeing you again
Dunnigan, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We searched through many hotels in the Billings area. One of my primary needs was that of a 24 hour fitness center. I was thoroughly disappointed to learn that the facility only had one treadmill for my wife and I to walk on. In the middle of my workout the belt abruptly stopped. I informed the desk and they insured me that their maintenance man would get it fixed. I finished my workout by walking around the building. The next day I tried to walk on the treadmill again. The belt on the treadmill was l basiclly folded in the middle, obviously broken. Once again I walked around the outside of the building until it started to rain. The treadmill needs to be replaced, and a 2nd treadmill needs to be added. A poor rating is warranted.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor to avoid noise from walking guests in the room above!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear that your stay at the Lexington Inn & Suites wasd not up to your standards. I have spoke with the Maintenance Manager and would like you to know that we have resolved the treadmill problem. We did purchase a new treadmill and are looking to try to make more room to add another treadmill to better accommodate guest needs. Thank you for the feedback and giving us the chance to solve the problem that you encountered. We look forawrd to seeing you again in the future.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I were on the last two legs of a driving trip taking us through Billings, Montana. I did a search on online and found the Lexington Inn and read the reviews. I was impressed with what I read and decided to book it. We were not disappointed at all. The staff made check easy, the room was clean and pleasant. We asked for a recommendation for a good steakhouse close by and took the advice and was again, not disappointed. We highly recommend this hotel when you visit Billings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review on Trip Advisor for out hotel. We take pride in the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Thank you for staying with us, we look forawrd to seeing you soon.
Watervliet, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very nice, very clean place to stay. Very friendly staff. The rooms are roomy and very nice. The free breakfast was great with lots of choices. The beds were very comfortable and roomy bathroom. You will not be sorry if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in every aspect. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2014

What a wonderful and caring front desk! I had accidentally booked myself at a different hotel, thinking the Lexington was reserved for myself and my furry companion. Amanda at the front desk was incredibly helpful in finding me a new hotel (on the spot!) which accepted pets. She took the extra time and energy to make sure my stay in Billings was comfortable and enjoyable. I so appreciate her help. She was a life savor!!! Thanks Amanda!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for leaving us a raving review on our hotel and staff.