“The best evening in billings!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Billings
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Originally I booked this hotel to fulfill the need for 2 rooms for myself and my brother in law. I reviewed several hotels and was going to book separate rooms for each us but it seemed more economical to book a double room at the residence inn with 2 bedrooms. Well let me tell you what a great decision I made. Our suite was not only much more economically smart but provided services and comfort that most hotels do not provide to their guests. There was a full kitchen if you desired to cook meals, there was a central living room with a wide variety of channels on the television, free wifi, the beds were extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms were elegant with great smelling soaps/shampoos/lotions. The staff from the point of arrival to departure were exceptionally trained and we enjoyed very much. The free breakfast we were given had some potatoes that all the guests were raving about....the cook came out and gave us his "trade secret" as how to prepare these potatoes with the same flavor. There was nothing that this hotel didn't provide to us. My niece that was also with me very much enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi and said the water was perfect! Give this hotel a try when in Billings...you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator and stairs. If there is a highway nearby don't s...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank asmile2day

Reviewed 29 May 2012

When you travel and you are away from home, you want to make sure you go to a place where your money is valued and the people have genuine care and concern about your needs. The staff a the Billings Residence Inn does just that! From the minute I walked in the door to the minute I walked out, I felt like any need, care, or concern I had, the staff would address it immediately. They consistently went above and beyond and were super friendly. The gentlemam, Ben, that works at the front desk, made a great first impression.

After I read all of the reviews, it seems like this is the norm for this hotel! When I come back to Billings, I will stay here without a doubt!

Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for him a total of 5 months for work and for me a total of about 1 and a half.... The entire staff has went above and beyond to assure our comfort and to make certain we found everything both in and out of town that we might look for. With the special consideration of Amanda, the best desk clerk and Michele, the best housekeeper. My husband travels for work so we stay in hotels/motels for at minimum 9 months out of the year. And we Both agree... This has been, BY FAR, the best stay yet!!!! Keep up the Great work... and I actually look forward to staying with you all again... BTW... They do allow pets for a very low and flat rate.... Not to mention that they not only serve breakfast every morning... but also amazing dinners monday through friday in the dinning room... and it all complimentary!!!!

Room Tip: You have the options of a studio suite, 1 room suite or even a 2 room suite... They are all amazing...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on March 25, 2012. We were driving from Great Falls down to Denver and this was a good stopping point for us. We arrived around 7:30 PM. The desk attendant was pleasant. He asked if we were members of Marriott Rewards. We aren't and he didn't offer to sign us up. The only room available was a two bedroom family suite for $160. My initial thought was it's a bit steep for the location but we needed to get two tired kids ages 6 and 3 to bed. We were in room 118.

Please see photos for detail. It's a nice room. No doubt about that. We could live there! Rooms were a good size. Bathrooms were big. Beds comfortable. Enough pillows. The living room had a fireplace and full kitchen. I wish we would have arrived earlier to take advantage of more of the room features.

We got the 3 year old to bed and my husband took the 6 year old to the pool for about 20 minutes. It's a nice indoor pool. Just outside the pool area is a fire pit with chairs. Nice touch for a cool spring night.

After a good night's sleep we went to breakfast in the lobby area. It was empty when we got there which was nice with the two kids. I got eggs, potatoes and sausage for myself. The kids got eggs, muffins and chocolate milk. The eggs were some of the worst eggs I'd ever had. Couldn't eat them. Just bad bad bad. Rubbery, old...I guess that's how it is when the breakfast area is empty...the food sits. Everything else was great but watch for the eggs! We then made the kids waffles. Little tip on the waffle maker...get your waffle out of it before the timer goes off. It makes for a chewier waffle. Throw on some strawberries and whip cream on one side and chocolate chips on the other and the kids had dessert for breakfast.

After breakfast we got our stuff and headed out. It was about 9:15 AM. We were at the hotel for just over 12 hours. It was very nice but again I thought $160 was a bit much for this location.

Room Tip: If you just need separate accomodations for kids, skip the two room suite and go for the one bedroom...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is the nicest lodging option in Billings. Very comfortable and roomy suites, flat screen tvs, with full size kitchens and refridgerators. No need to cook anything though, as they supply a great hot breakfast, and even a very nice small free dinner (complete with draft beer and wine) most weeknights. By far my favorite place to stay in Billings.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My wife and I literally lived in Residence Inns for two years while working as Field Researchers nationally. We never stayed in one as well managed and as comfortable as this one is. A 92-suite, bruiser of a facility the hotel somehow feels like home. We attribute that directly to the GM whom we've never met. What really stands out is the wonderful staff she has assembled and obviously trained. We had a corner room on the top floor with fireplace and our two cats. We really did not want to leave and, in fact, extended our stay a day partially because of this wonderful hotel. Needless to say we will be back. The location is also superb as it is two blocks from the main retail avenue of the city. Ironically, on the last full day we were there we were asked by the front desk reservationist if we wished to write a review for TripAdvisor....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2011

On a road trip to Banff-Jasper, we stayed one night outbound and one night return. Hotel is fairly
new, very clean, good beds, and one of the better free hot breakfasts found in the chain hotels.
Friendly staff. Several good restaurants nearby (steak, seafood, Mexican, Chinese). Given the
newness of the Hotel, my GPS couldn't find it (took us to a small bungalow a mile away). Use instead the
directions offered on the Marriott website. Hotel is on West side of town, which is far nicer than the East
side, which has several oil refineries and much pollution & smell.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple