“Management not good to workers”
Review of Big Horn Resort

Big Horn Resort
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Butte, Montana
“Management not good to workers”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

New management has no clue on how to run a buisness with a 20 year old running the waterpark and no actual banquet services. Must bring in a cater for any funtions. A lot of turnover in help and how they treat their help. The rooms are nice and so are most of the help. My stay was for 2 days. I seen yelling at workers and drama. Things you shouldn't see. I don't see this buisness growing more like crumbling.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary D
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Thank you for your candid response. I am a bit confused however as we do have a full banquet service, we offer catering to be done by the Resort or you have the option to bring in your own catering as well. If you experienced staff issues I apologize and will address that with the department heads immediately.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We live in Billings, but decided we wanted to take the kids out to have some fun at "The Reef" water park. We had a blast at the water park attached to the Hotel. Rented the room for ease of going to and from the water park and to make it a short trip at the end of the day. Awesome employees at the water park and Hotel. Highly recommend it for family fun!!!

Room Tip: We rented the Suite with a Queen, King and fold out couch bed. It was not the wedding suite, but it...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Troy P
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for your candid review, I am thrilled that you and your family had such a great time and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

First time staying here, and loved it. Rooms were big and spacious, very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Didn't use the pool or waterside, maybe next time with the kids.
It almost seems out of the way, but really it isn't. King Ave is just a few short minutes away.

• Stayed December 2012
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Thank you for your candid comments, we love to hear when we have hit the mark. We look forward to your next visit.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2012

overall the hotel was satisfactory.the bedding was a little shaky as well as the walls between rooms..if you can hear your neighbor talking to his business partner through the walls it makes you paranoid of what you might be doing in your room.(wife or girlfriend) the staff were friendly and very nice. unfortunately,i don't think i would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thank you for your candid response. I am sorry to hear that you would not return as our staff, cleanliness and location scored very high with you. i will address the issues you experienced and I thank you for your business.
Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We called ahead for a Thanksgiving retreat to make sure the water park would be open for the holiday. I understood closed for Thanksgiving, so I booked the room. We booked this room so my daughter could play with me at the Reef while her mom went shopping. The only reason we stayed was because of this. We woke up Friday morning, the Reef's hours were 9am-9pm, just to find out they were not going to open due to staffing issues. UNACCEPTABLE. The Bighorn is considered a resort, with one tiny little hot tub and the jets were not working! It wasn't even hot! Besides serving the same breakfast meal every morning and we found hair in the eggs. Not a weekend resort. They shouldn't advertise as a resort if they don't have a relationship with the Reef where they can use their pools and have access to them. We won't be coming back for any weekend getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Travis L
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
I apologize for the shortfalls you experienced while staying with us at the Big Horn Resort. I have spoken to the Reef Manager and the staffing situation will be handled for any future stays. The hotel hot tub had been cooled down for other guests who did not like the hot temperature, it is unfortunate that to please one guest upsets another. I thank you for your comments and we will do our best to correct the issues for future reservations.
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed one night. Nice big room, good toiletries. Efficient air con. Bar closed early. Nice (free) help yourself breakfast. Fantastic restaurant just across the parking lot. AMAZING steak. Try the Baseball Cut sirloin. Staff were great helping us print our boarding passes for next day.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PYT13
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. We love to hear that we are meeting your expectations and we look forward to your next visit to Billings.
Williston, ND
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I "had" to have the water park for a late to-do on my sons Birthday, so I decided to ignore the negative reviews and make it my own.
I don't know why so many complained about the front staff; we came in late on a Friday night and recieved a very warm welcome! The women taking our reservations over the phone was pleasant and the rooms we're exactly as we reserved, even the day of! Yes, they charged my card immediately when checking in, but I don't see why that should be an issue. In today's society, if it helps this establishment avoid theft issues, I'm all for it!
Housekeeping did a great job in providing us with clean and well maintained room(s). I chose to put up the do not disturb sign, but noted they we're on the floors at a decent hour, so as not to wake anyone, but early enough to get what you might be in need of.
I heard a bit of lil' feet running above us the first morning, but not horrible as some might say. How can you not be excited with a giant slide waiting to be had!
Breakfast was a pleasant suprise! Serve yourself, was a bit above average for your typical hotel; prepared well seemed to be the key and the gals did a great job in keeping up with the crowd and its clean-up.
The water park was was a blast for the kids. The wave pool was a bit week, considering we've been to a few you might say, but all and all it was great. Staff was friendly and the pizza was actually good.
For the parents and tag-along friends, the lounge was perfect. Well stocked, drinks we're well done and not overpriced. Again staff was super friendly. I see one improvement that would benefit the hotel and its guests; they should open up serving window to the water park kitchen and provide a bar menu!
We had a great time! We come to Billings often, but they don't allow pets (our other child..haha), so we can't come everytime, but will certainly fit it in as often as we can.
Thanks Big Horn!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Danette P
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for you very truthful review. We strive to make our guests comfortable and allow them a great time. We are thrilled that we hit the mark for your stay and we look forward to your next visit. We do have the ability to order snacks from the Reef for the lounge guests and I will make sure that they have a menu available in the future.