“A great place for the family to stay!”
Review of Big Horn Resort

Big Horn Resort
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Missoula, Montana
“A great place for the family to stay!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The first contact I had with the Big Horn Resort was with Jackie while making my reservations. The place was booked solid but Jackie worked hard to accommodate our room needs. We had to book two different types of rooms to get the nights we wanted. This was not ideal, but we could make it work. Jackie was not satisfied and kept working for us, she was able to call us back a few hours later with good news regarding our rooms. THANK YOU JACKIE and the entire staff!
The room was large, clean, and comfortable. What more could you ask for? The breakfast area was also large, clean, comfortable, and stocked with great food. My kids are kind of picky eaters, but they were very happy with the selections.
The water park was a great place for the kids to burn off their extra energy. They had a blast!
I would definitely recommend the Big Horn to my friends and family and we will definitely be back!
Thank you Big Horn Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments. Our staff do work hard to accomodate our guests and they will love to hear they have met the mark. We look forward to your next visit to Billings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were so very pleased with the staff, they were VERY helpfull, GLAD to help and answer all you questions what ever it was. Breakfast was OFF THE CHART!!!! The room was absolutely perfect!. I didn't want to leave. THIS IS A #10 MOTEL. Best value for a motel we have had for years.

Room Tip: I cant see where there would be a bad room at this location. I only wished that we coulod have stay...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your compliments our staff strive hard to knock it out of the box and they will be glad to here that they have done so for you. I will share you comments with them.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The staff impressed me as excellent workers who cared about their jobs. From the reception to the breakfast staff, to the grounds / garden keeper, they all showed very good work performance. Clean room, good breakfast ( scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, yogurt and more), free fast, Wi-Fi, discounted waterpark rate. Though the waterpark closed early(7pm) the day we checked in, we were tired anyway from a whole day of driving, sight seeing coming down from Yellowstone / Beartooth Highway. My son and my husband did enjoy the water park the following morning while me and my little girl waited in the lobby and I got to observe all the more how efficient and nice the staff were. Will definitely stay here again the next time we go to Yellowstone. Very good rate at $119 for a double queen room, it was a relief from the expensive room rates inside Yellowstone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you for your compliments I will share them with our staff as they love to hear when they have hit the mark.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Hard to find but once we found it, we really enjoyed it! They had a really nice diverse free breakfast and the nicest breakfast attendant! She arrives there at 4am in the morning and cooks these little loaves of sweet bread with nuts or fruit or little chocolate chunks. I dont remember any hotel whereas someone comes in and actually bakes fresh for the morning for your breakfast! Place must be kinda new cos' our gps couldnt find it. Close to the highway so you hop on and hop off. Typical nice size convenient store nearby for gas or extra coffee or soda refills or styrofoam cooler and ice so you dont have to go searching for Wallymart. Rooms beautiful and super clean and comfy. And if kids are running up and down the hall on the floor above you...report it and they will get it stopped. They did it for us...kid was running around 11pmish at night and we had to get it stopped as we had a 3:15 am arise time and sleep was crucial. But you gotta let the front desk know about it. However that didnt hinder a great stay at 2 different times on this trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy305
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for your glowing review. We love to hear when we are doing things right and I will share this with our staff. We look forward to your next visit.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My family stayed here on our vacation through Montana. I thought it was very nice. The rooms were average size but were very clean. The staff was helpful and gave us a nice rate. The breakfast was simple but was free so how can you complain! The pool was fun and we enjoyed our stay overall. A nice hotel in Billings for sure!

Room Tip: Booked directly from their website and saved a couple bucks!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for you comments. I will pass them on to our staff. We look forward to your next visit to Montana.
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The hotel was average. Doors that had security signs reading locked 24 hours for your security were never locked during our stay. The water park closed early in the evening, before our 5:00 arrival. There was a hot tub available separate from the water park. Breakfast was good, even though the room was crowded.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for your candid response. I apologize if we did not meet your expectations. Our signs at the door state that the doors are locked after 10pm, not 24 hours, that would be why the doors were unlocked at 5pm. Our waterpark is open until 9pm Tue-Sat and at 7pm on Sun & Mon. The only time it would be closed earlier would be if there was a lightening storm in the area. Again I apologize if we misinformed you in any way.
Gardiner, Montana
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed here for a work trip and was happy with it overall, but probably would have been a bit less so had it been leisure stay.

The hotel itself is in good condition with clean rooms and public areas, and the location was convenient to everywhere I needed to go. The staff I spoke to was nothing exceptional, but I also did not ask anything exceptional of them - they did their jobs quickly and efficiently.

The one major drawback for me was that the attached waterpark obviously draws a lot of families, and more often than ever before this means loud and rambunctious children. I completely understand children having fun, but at all hours of the day, including early morning and close to midnight to a lesser degree, there was a seemingly constant stream of them running and yelling in the halls, a few even bouncing their pool toys off the walls. At one point there was a hotel employee in the hall when a group of 3 boys came running down yelling to each other with the parents trailing behind, and the hotel employee just walked by the parents without saying a word. I completely understand that the hotel cannot control all of the guests and that hotel such as this is truly designed with families in mind, but they are also a conference center that likely draws business travelers. On two occasions there were also groups of 4-5 children under the age of 12 who did not appear to have any adults with them. I think a clear policy requiring children to be supervised and employees who are empowered to enforce it would make this hotel a more desirable location for business and non-family guests.

The complimentary breakfast was a great addition, however only a few of the items were very satisfying. We enjoyed the pastry options (and fresh cookies in the afternoon!) but the hot food left a bit to be desired - we nibbled a bit but the opted to go out for breakfast elsewhere.

Overall this is a good hotel, but definitely not ideal for couples and unfortunately not quite so for the business travelers to the conference center.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your candid review. We will definitely review your comments to assist us in bettering our business. Summer has many families traveling and unfortunately that is noisier than the rest of the year. I apologize for the inconvenience for yourself and I hope you will try our facility during the off season as it is much more business comfortable.