“Fun filled getaway!!”
Review of Big Horn Resort

Big Horn Resort
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Wanted to do something fun with the kids during spring break...And this was such a great place!! Friendly staff at front desk...Very clean comfortable room...great movie selections in room..some a little expensive but others reasonably priced. The breakfast in the morning had so many items no one goes away hungry...And the best part of all The Reef!! The indoor water park attached to the hotel..the lifeguards were knowledgeable and very friendly..my kids are 8&9 and they played on everything.I also played on everything... we couldn't stay away from the water slides..The snack shop they have is amazing...and very reasonable.. A big delicious cheese pizza was only $10..they also had so many other items..pastas,sandwiches, hot dogs,paninis,brownies, gelato,ice cream,cookies. Overall had a great time and it didn't hurt my pocketbook.Being a single mom that's huge. This place is great I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: April 2014
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We are so pleased that you and your family had such a great time. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We are from Great Falls and needed a quick family getaway. We stayed at the Big Horn Resort because we heard the water park was amazing and the hotel was nice. This hotel and the attached water park met all of our expectations. The discounted water park passes that you can buy when you stay at the hotel make both places a perfect family treat. The free breakfast was good, the staff was quick to bring in extra tables as it was a very busy weekend. Every staff member we came in contact with was very helpful and friendly. The water park was so perfect for a family with children of any age. There is something for everyone and lots of lifeguards to keep things running smoothly. My family and I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your compliments. We love to hear when we have done a great job of serving our customers and we look forward to your next visit to Billings.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our family stayed here because we thought it would be great for all of our needs. My kids were excited to use the water park, especially the water slide. My wife was looking forward to a relaxing night watching a movie with the HBO channel. I needed the wifi service to do some of my business in our room. To our extreme disappointments, the water slide was closed, which we had paid extra for. The HBO channel did not work, and the wifi did not work. I called the front desk, and asked why we had no HBO, and no wifi. She said the wifi does not work if too many people are using it. Then she asked the lady working with her at the front desk if they even had HBO. One said she doesn't know, and the other said she didn't think so. I said that on their website it plainly states HBO in our room. She said oh I didn't know that, and she will have maintenance looked at it the next day. We only stayed one night. Good luck getting the continental breakfast, we had to wait 20 minutes in line. What a joke!!!

Room Tip: Not worth it!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I apologize for your poor experience. We do have HBO and WiFi in our property, perhaps there was a setting that needed adjustment on your computer to allow the wifi service. As for why the HBO was not available I will certainly check with our provider. Our waterpark hours are Thursday and Friday 4p-9p Saturday 9a-9p and Sunday 9a-7p to my knowledge we havenot been closed during those hours. I would certainly love to discuss the details of your stay with you personally and find a solution for you.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We live in billings and decided to have a staycation with our family over the Valentines Day weekend. The free breakfast has lots of choices for everyone. Our room was nice and we even had a door that separated the bedroom from the living room. This was a nice option so that we could put the kids to bed earlier. The waterpark is lots of fun and I like that hotel guests only have to pay 8$! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

We are pleased that you staycation was wonderful and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The hotel staff was rude.. we were here for a conference...the paid food was very little to feed the ppl we had...never had enough napkins or utensils..etc no one was concerned about taking care of us I just thought that specializing in conferences that maybe the staff would do that....take care of the conference not have to be told what is needed
..very disappointed the only people that were nice was the maid staff

• Stayed: February 2014
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I apologize for your poor experience. I understand your conference was booked , planned and ordered for 180 people and ended up being 220 people +, our staff did try their best to scramble at the last minute to accomodate the growing needs and I am truely sorry you were effected by this.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Need a place to relax and let the kids run loose?, then this is the place for your family! Great water slides, little kid friendly, wave pool. Rooms are very nice, the morning breakfast is excellent! We stop here every year we go through billings!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your glowing comments. We are always pleased to hear from guests that enjoyed their stay with us and I will be sure to pass this on to our staff. We look forward to your next visit to Billings.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We had traveled for 9 hours with 10 & 9 yr old boys who were very behaved for such a long day. When looking for motels I came across Big Horn which listed it had a water park. We decided that's where we would stay not expecting much more than a pool with a slide and average accommodations. What we found was a fantastic water park (although the chlorine is VERY strong), a clean room (although you could smell the bleach, which is better than them being dirty), free internet, free hot breakfast. The overnight rate was reasonable and the water park was only $8 pp additional.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Shaddick
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We are pleased your stay was pleasant and we look forward to your next trip to Billings.