“Very nice and will return”

Hilton Garden Inn Billings
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Compared to the Great Falls HGI this one is a little older, but still very clean and friendly knowledgeable staff. Again the adjustable beds are odd to sleep on but at least the AC is much quieter compared to Great Falls HGI. Again the breakfast was very good and it is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Billings

Reviewed 4 August 2011

The hotel room was fairly nice, but the service from the staff was absolutely terrible. The staff was not helpful at all and everyone in our family, in multiple rooms had problems with their rooms or the staff. We asked for extra blankets and pillows and they said that they didn't have any at all! I've never been more disappointed with a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank chanbrew
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed here for one night. Room was very clean and modern. The desk staff recommended stood restaurant for dinner and gave us a coupon for a free dessert. Had the hot breakfast and thought it was a good selection.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel was fairly new when we stayed. Very clean, very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 14 July 2011

On our way to visit family, we stayed at this hotel. I have no idea when it was built but everything shined like new. Coming from the west, we thought the signs from the freeway were a bit odd as you could take the next exit for easier directions, but we found it with pretty good ease. We stayed on the first floor which was a bit noisy, but we turned on the air conditioning and the "white noise" covered the other. Our room was clean, huge and the bedding very nice. They had an adjustable bed, nice to try.

We booked on expedia and the hot breafast was included . Paying $130 without breakfast, that's a little out of my comfort zone. The breakfast was made to order and the choices, I thought were abundant. Coffee was strong - just the way I like it and the fruit fresh and everything was de-lish. Definitely recommend this place and will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We are in Billings often so I've stayed just about everywhere. This is a typical HGI and is only a couple years old. It doesn't have the character in the lobby some HGIs have but the rooms are nice and the beds are extremely comfortable. The location is near the mall and lots of other shopping and restaurants. I find it really convenient.

I just don't get their room rates. This HGI is very often one of the most expensive hotels in town and it's just not worth it with all the other options in Billings. It's not like you get anything extra (and breakfast is extra.) Don't get me wrong, it's nice and new for Billings, but shop around and book it only if you get a good rate.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jbmWyoming
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I am currently staying here while writing this review - on my second of three nights. I've stayed in dozens of HGI properties and this one is about average.

The cooked-to-order breakfast was good - the guy knew how to make an omelet. That may seem trivial but you'd be surprised how some can mess that up. I haven't eaten dinner or had room service so I can't comment on that.

As another reviewer noted, the doors close loud. The doors are heavy and the hydraulic arm releases quickly about a foot before the door is closed and so it seems to gain momentum over that last foot and slams shut. It's loud enough that it woke me up a couple of times as doors slammed in the wee hours of the morning.

The thermostat won't let you keep the fan on the HVAC unit in the "on" position. I like to do that at night to generate some "white" noise in the room - to block out slamming doors or 3am alarm clocks next door, etc.

The lighting in my bathroom is to the left and right of the mirror (no overhead lights) and are low wattage fluorescent bulbs behind some thick off-white glass shade making the room quite dim. This is not a good design at all. Those bulbs are slow to brighten so initially it is very dark - and after 5 minutes when the bulbs are at peak it's still pretty dim.

Those are the only complaints I have so far. The good points? There are plenty of nice restaurants in the area and - which appears to be a newer area of the city. Along with food there are many newer shops here. The pool area is nice and clean and the staff at the front desk were polite and nice. Overall my complaints are few and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business