Checked In: July 8, 2012, Checked-Out: July 10, 2012 (2-night stay)
I paid a non-discounted (“rack rate”) of $235.33 a night--$219 base rate + $16.33 taxes. I requested a room with two beds, for two people.
As has been noted in, at least, one other review this property either does not offer discounted rates, at all, or does so on a very limited basis. I made my reservation through the Hilton website. When I queried about a AAA rate the reply came back that this rate was not available for my requested dates nor was such a rate available on any date near my requested dates.
Unlike a number of Hilton properties in the large cities in the northeast, and on the west coast, the rate charged at this location could be called an “all-inclusive” rate to the extent that internet access and parking are both complementary. I would rather pay a higher room rate than be “nickeled” and “dimed” with “add-ons.”
While the room was not, by any means, “over-sized” it was large enough to accommodate two people with a reasonable amount of baggage. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. The rest of the room was also well cleaned. The microwave worked well and was welcome. There is a bar fridge which does a nice job of keeping your beer or soda cool. However this fridge does not have any temp control, so don’t plan on having anything super cool.
The mattresses in the room had one of those comfort controls. The control on my bed did not work. Based on Trip Advisor reviews of other hotels offering mattress controls it appears these devices either do not work at all or, when they do work, they malfunction. Hotels would do better by their guests to “trash” these devices, save their money, and go back to the old fashioned “one mattress fits all” formula.
Despite the $235 rate it appeared there was no complementary breakfast. Breakfast is available, for purchase, and this may be a good option if you have a meeting or appointment you need to get to. However, if time allows, more generous portions; a larger selection, and a comparable price, for breakfast offerings, are available at Denny’s and IHOP—both of which are nearby. Also Denny’s and IHOP serve breakfast 24/7.
All of the staff were polite. I had a temporary outage with my tv and the responsiveness of the staff was excellent as to this issue.
In the event I am, again, in need of a microwave and a fridge I would stay here. Otherwise, based on the $235 rate I paid, and my Hilton Honors membership, I would opt to pay less and stay at the Hampton Inn on the east side of Billings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Billings, MT is Located in central Billings, near the Rimrock Mall and ZooMontana. Hilton Garden Inn Billings offers the perfect home-away-from-home with freshly-prepared breakfast daily inside of our on-site restaurant (breakfast not included in room rate). Expect the following hotel amenities: evening room service, in-room microwaves and refrigerators, an on-site bar/lounge area, indoor pool/whirlpool spa, fitness room, complimentary business center, meeting/conference rooms (catering services available) and free parking. Sundries and other goodies are available for purchase at our 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (also on-site at our hotel). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Billings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Billings Hotel Billings
- Hilton Billings
- Hilton Garden Inn Billings Montana