“easy breezy”

Hilton Garden Inn Billings
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Recently I stayed here for 5 nights, on a work trip. I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff the moment I walked in and I found their smiles and pleasant personalities to be consistently on display throughout the week! The property itself felt clean and up-to-date, without coloring out of the lines in terms of the usual Hilton Garden Inn style. This is a a typical Hilton Garden Inn layout-wise. The fitness center seemed a little larger than usual which was nice -- I always feel so on top of whoever else may be in that room with me which usually gives me an excuse to cut short my workout. The pool room adjoins to the fitness center, and the folks in the pool room have a full on view of whoever is working out, which I don't care for in any hotel, but I know it is a typical hotel feature -- I guess the windows to the fitness room are for "safety". Besides that, the rooms are typical. I had a usual king bed, overlooking the front of the hotel ( I always ask for the side that gets more sun). My mini-fridge seemed less than fridge-cold, so I had to request that it be fixed, since a temperature dial was not evident in the fridge interior; it was fixed right away. I also liked how the room coffee service provided little pots of half-and-half as opposed to that crappy powder creamer. Hallelujah for that! Also liked the Tazo teas. I rated this property a 3 out of 5 for sleeping, because I could clearly hear the family of three (with a little kid) in the room next to me. I wasn't really able to figure out the fan/ac system to my liking. I want that constant white noise and & I did not get it. Food Service: One night I had room service. Unfortunately, i was disappointed in the linguini I ordered. First of all, not very tasty -- it was supposed to have a white wine sauce with vegetables; extra for the chicken; to me it just tasted watery. Where was the flavor? Chicken was also overdone and barely any vegetables. In addition, there was just way too much of it -- my plate could have easily fed a family of four. If I want a grotesque amount of food. I'll head to the Cheesecake Factory. Of course I did not eat it all but I hate to be wasteful. I thought that the Hilton Garden Inn was supposed to promote healthy lifestyles but I can tell that this philosophy has yet to permeate to the menu, which is disappointing for someone like me who is on the road so much. On the bright side, the location of this hotel has easy access to the interstate is near all of the big-box shopping, as someone else said. If I am in town again, I would stay here again for the service and relatively modern amenities, but I will still plan on eating most of my meals at the Good Earth Food Market, in downtown Billings. Note about the parking: Free and uncomplicated as usual, but please be mindful of the cute big bunnies hopping around the property -- I saw 2 of them take cover on a snowy night underneath the Hilton Garden Inn airport van.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front of the property are sunnier!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Nichole M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you very much for your detailed review. As we are always seeking to improve our service and quality, guest feedback is our best resource. I am delighted that you found our staff to be hospitable and welcoming. Our housekeeping department works very hard to ensure each room is clean and exceeds the expectations of our guests. I understand your comments about the pool room and fitness center being visible to one another and will share your comments with the appropriate people.

I am also happy that you found our maintenance team responsive and attentative. We know that issues will arise, but it is our service that makes the difference. I am sorry that you did not have a peaceful night's rest. Please note that in the future, we are happy to move you to a quieter room should you desire.

I have shared your comments about the room service with our Executive Chef and we are working on a solution to your complaint. My sincere apologies for that.

Many of our guests love our location and ease in parking; I am happy that you found this convenient as well. Our bunnies are becoming quite popular amongst our guests, and I'm happy that you enjoyed them as well.

Thank you again for the review, we appreciate the feedback. I invite you back to experience our fantastic staff and amenities anytime!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Billings

Reviewed 18 February 2013

The staff is great. Breakfast was great. Good location in Billings. Every member of the staff went out of their way to be friendly. I enjoyed the made to order breakfast each morning. Only thing that would make the stay better would be a name brand water at check in, like Dasani or Smartwater.

1  Thank bjb1968

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and I appreciate your feedback. I am delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and that you experienced our awesome breakfast. (Best in Billings if you ask me!) I will keep your suggestion in mind when considering our water offering.

Thank you again, we hope to see you back!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Great Staff, Very clean and welcoming hotel. Prompt and courteous. Reservations made certain I received my Hilton Honors rewards for my multiple rooms. Complimentary water on arrival is always a nice welcoming touch..and my room layout was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so happy that you had a pleasant stay and found our staff to be hospitable and rooms to be clean. The Hilton Honors reward program is one of the best, and I thank you for your loyalty to the brand. We welcome you back when your travels find you in the Billings area again.

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in numerous Hilton Garden Inns and this was one of the nicest (in terms of customer service, and DEFINITELY in terms of quietness!)

I stayed in a room on the 4th floor for 3 nights and you would have thought I was the only guest in the hotel because once I entered my room, I literally heard no noise at all from the hall or other rooms.

The only downside to my stay was that they're doing some kind of remodel to the lobby and when I got back last night, the main entrance was completely blocked off, and it wasn't easy to find the side entrances. If not for that, this would be a 5 star review!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you kindly for your reivew. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay. My apologies for the frustration with the lobby renovation; I will keep your comment in mind for future instances. Thankfully we are done with the construction, and it looks fabulous. I hope that you'll be back to see the updated lobby. Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I found this place to be one of the nicest hgi hotels i have ever stayed at The rooms seem to be brand new. Service was good at various times of the day. I would recommend this place for family and business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and the service you received. We pride ourselves in hiring the best of the best! We have a maintenance team that works very hard to make sure that rooms are kept in tip top shape, and a housekeeping department that keeps them sparkling. I hope you'll be back when your travels bring you to the area. Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were outstanding, very comfortable with great pillows. Nice, nice rooms! The food at our banquet was wonderful too. Very cozy lobby, LOVE the fireplace! Good restaurants close by too!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JustaGLO
Nichole M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be friendly, the beds comfortable and the food delicious. We welcome you back anytime to experience first class service.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Our non-profit program held our holiday recognition event at the Hilton Gardin Inn in Billings,MT. We've been there multiple times and have never been disappointed. The room was wonderful, the staff attentive, the food was the best we've ever had, the sales and catering managers were terrific to work with, and the cost very reasonable. The banquet room(s) are wired for projectors, sound, etc... with two big screens so the whole room can see. Parking is plentyful and right by the door. Our program works with Senior Citizens so we're pretty picky about our facilities so our people don't have to walk far. Two of our addendees came early by mistake. The staff got them coffee, a newspaper, and had them sit by a cozy fireplace as they waited. I think that was the highlight of their day. Thank you Hilton Garden Inn Billings!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Nichole M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so fortunate to work with such amazing people that embrace hospitality. Our Chef, Catering Staff, and Sales Managers work very well together and I"m so pleased that you had such a great experience. I hope that you'll be back and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your guests again!