“Still feels new”

Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Wyoming
“Still feels new”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed on New Years Eve, 2011 while in town for a performance by Don McLean. We found the premises to be spotless clean, and surprisingly quiet given the night we were there. This hotel has been in existence for five or more years I believe, but it smelled and felt brand new. Rooms are adequate but not really spacious. Flat screen television in the 32" class, A quality breakfast is served in the main lobby that is included in your stay. Overall, a nice quiet place located close to most of the shopping in this large hub of the northern Rockies.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJ55
Nichole M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Billings, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you kindly for your review...even after some time has passed since your stay with us. Yes, we just celebrated our 5th anniversary and look forward to continuing to serve our guests with great service and a pleasant stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gardiner, Montana
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We just stayed two nights and it is you typical 5 story hotel with interior corridors that is in any city in the US. The conference facility was fine and again typical. The staff seemed friendly.
The rooms are overall clean but are small and the beds are not comfortable. They have an adjustable knob on each side of the mattress (which is hard to get to since it is under the bottom fitted sheet) so you can adjust the firmness. I adjusted it down from firm and it did not change. Also, it is an memory foam bed which is hot. We got hot during each night since foam keeps heat from your body in.
The housekeeping cleaned our room but did not take out the trash, took the towels we hung up and did a lousy job making the bed.
When we explained all of the above to the front they seemed indifferent.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your review. I'm sorry that you felt our hotel to be just average as we always aim for an exceptional experience with every guest. Thank you for noting our friendly staff. I'm sorry that you found our beds to be uncomfortable and the adjustable knob to be inconvenient. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and front desk staff to ensure that these issues have been taken care of. I do hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you and give you a better reflection of our standard of service. Thank you again, and take care!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Recently I stayed here for 5 nights, on a work trip. I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff the moment I walked in and I found their smiles and pleasant personalities to be consistently on display throughout the week! The property itself felt clean and up-to-date, without coloring out of the lines in terms of the usual Hilton Garden Inn style. This is a a typical Hilton Garden Inn layout-wise. The fitness center seemed a little larger than usual which was nice -- I always feel so on top of whoever else may be in that room with me which usually gives me an excuse to cut short my workout. The pool room adjoins to the fitness center, and the folks in the pool room have a full on view of whoever is working out, which I don't care for in any hotel, but I know it is a typical hotel feature -- I guess the windows to the fitness room are for "safety". Besides that, the rooms are typical. I had a usual king bed, overlooking the front of the hotel ( I always ask for the side that gets more sun). My mini-fridge seemed less than fridge-cold, so I had to request that it be fixed, since a temperature dial was not evident in the fridge interior; it was fixed right away. I also liked how the room coffee service provided little pots of half-and-half as opposed to that crappy powder creamer. Hallelujah for that! Also liked the Tazo teas. I rated this property a 3 out of 5 for sleeping, because I could clearly hear the family of three (with a little kid) in the room next to me. I wasn't really able to figure out the fan/ac system to my liking. I want that constant white noise and & I did not get it. Food Service: One night I had room service. Unfortunately, i was disappointed in the linguini I ordered. First of all, not very tasty -- it was supposed to have a white wine sauce with vegetables; extra for the chicken; to me it just tasted watery. Where was the flavor? Chicken was also overdone and barely any vegetables. In addition, there was just way too much of it -- my plate could have easily fed a family of four. If I want a grotesque amount of food. I'll head to the Cheesecake Factory. Of course I did not eat it all but I hate to be wasteful. I thought that the Hilton Garden Inn was supposed to promote healthy lifestyles but I can tell that this philosophy has yet to permeate to the menu, which is disappointing for someone like me who is on the road so much. On the bright side, the location of this hotel has easy access to the interstate is near all of the big-box shopping, as someone else said. If I am in town again, I would stay here again for the service and relatively modern amenities, but I will still plan on eating most of my meals at the Good Earth Food Market, in downtown Billings. Note about the parking: Free and uncomplicated as usual, but please be mindful of the cute big bunnies hopping around the property -- I saw 2 of them take cover on a snowy night underneath the Hilton Garden Inn airport van.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the front of the property are sunnier!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Nichole M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Billings, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed review. As we are always seeking to improve our service and quality, guest feedback is our best resource. I am delighted that you found our staff to be hospitable and welcoming. Our housekeeping department works very hard to ensure each room is clean and exceeds the expectations of our guests. I understand your comments about the pool room and fitness center being visible to one another and will share your comments with the appropriate people.

I am also happy that you found our maintenance team responsive and attentative. We know that issues will arise, but it is our service that makes the difference. I am sorry that you did not have a peaceful night's rest. Please note that in the future, we are happy to move you to a quieter room should you desire.

I have shared your comments about the room service with our Executive Chef and we are working on a solution to your complaint. My sincere apologies for that.

Many of our guests love our location and ease in parking; I am happy that you found this convenient as well. Our bunnies are becoming quite popular amongst our guests, and I'm happy that you enjoyed them as well.

Thank you again for the review, we appreciate the feedback. I invite you back to experience our fantastic staff and amenities anytime!
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The staff is great. Breakfast was great. Good location in Billings. Every member of the staff went out of their way to be friendly. I enjoyed the made to order breakfast each morning. Only thing that would make the stay better would be a name brand water at check in, like Dasani or Smartwater.

1 Thank bjb1968
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and I appreciate your feedback. I am delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and that you experienced our awesome breakfast. (Best in Billings if you ask me!) I will keep your suggestion in mind when considering our water offering.

Thank you again, we hope to see you back!
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Great Staff, Very clean and welcoming hotel. Prompt and courteous. Reservations made certain I received my Hilton Honors rewards for my multiple rooms. Complimentary water on arrival is always a nice welcoming touch..and my room layout was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so happy that you had a pleasant stay and found our staff to be hospitable and rooms to be clean. The Hilton Honors reward program is one of the best, and I thank you for your loyalty to the brand. We welcome you back when your travels find you in the Billings area again.
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in numerous Hilton Garden Inns and this was one of the nicest (in terms of customer service, and DEFINITELY in terms of quietness!)

I stayed in a room on the 4th floor for 3 nights and you would have thought I was the only guest in the hotel because once I entered my room, I literally heard no noise at all from the hall or other rooms.

The only downside to my stay was that they're doing some kind of remodel to the lobby and when I got back last night, the main entrance was completely blocked off, and it wasn't easy to find the side entrances. If not for that, this would be a 5 star review!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you kindly for your reivew. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay. My apologies for the frustration with the lobby renovation; I will keep your comment in mind for future instances. Thankfully we are done with the construction, and it looks fabulous. I hope that you'll be back to see the updated lobby. Thank you again for the review!
Portland Oregon
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I found this place to be one of the nicest hgi hotels i have ever stayed at The rooms seem to be brand new. Service was good at various times of the day. I would recommend this place for family and business travelers.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and the service you received. We pride ourselves in hiring the best of the best! We have a maintenance team that works very hard to make sure that rooms are kept in tip top shape, and a housekeeping department that keeps them sparkling. I hope you'll be back when your travels bring you to the area. Thank you again!