Just spent 17 nights here, and overall an okay stay. The average lodger isn't going to be staying for two+ weeks, and if you're staying for a night or two, it's a nice property. Overall, the service was good, the facility is above average. Because of the length of my stay, at request I got breakfast vouchers which saved me $170 - that alone is enough to recommend this property. It took some needling and I spend 300+ nights a year in hotels, so I wouldn't expect this if you're a casual traveler - Hilton properties are fourth in line for where I stay, so this was more of a professional courtesy, at least that's the way I took it.
From best to worst, here's my take:
1) I tipped housekeeping a dollar a day and they did every single thing I asked. Yes, they would probably do this without a tip, but if you want specific things done, leave a buck and a note and it will get done.
2) The breakfast - both food and service - are really good here. For business travelers, keep in mind that tours stay here nightly, so for more than two weeks the breakfast area was full of retired folk between 630 and 8, so you best not be in a huge hurry when hitting b'fast if you want an omelet or some time. There is a set-up where you can get coffee/oj/cereal/oatmeal asap, but if you want more than that be prepared to spend 15 minutes. The service was very good. Most mornings I sat at the bar and Carla gave me top-notch service, the kind I would have expected at dinner service but was nonexistent there.
3) Front desk worked with me on a few issues I had - for a one- or two-night stay, this wouldn't be relevant but if you're going to stay for awhile, it is. They work to make things right.
4) Keurig in-room.
Now the bad....
1) Nightly supper and room-service are terrible. I had three meals paid for by hotel due to how late they were or how bad they were. They were understaffed for night service the entire time I was there. Waitress laughed off my gripe that there were kids in dining area without shoes or shirts my fourth night there, even though I was waiting on a $26 steak. I stay in many places and get that business travelers and tourists have two different expectations - shirts and shoes in the eating areas should be standard, regardless of the caliber of hotel.
2) Hilton ran a double-points promo in May, but desk staff didn't let me know til the end of my stay that this property wasn't participating. In fairness to the Guest Manager, I've emailed him about this and he is looking into a way to remedy it, so I take him at his word on this. That said, my room bill was more than $2K, which is a lot when you start talking double-points or lack therof.
3) I hate the adjustable beds. The mattress was hard as a rock, and even when softened it never felt right. Hampton beds are some of my favorites, which made this that much more strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Billings, MT is Located in central Billings, near the Rimrock Mall and ZooMontana. Hilton Garden Inn Billings offers the perfect home-away-from-home with freshly-prepared breakfast daily inside of our on-site restaurant (breakfast not included in room rate). Expect the following hotel amenities: evening room service, in-room microwaves and refrigerators, an on-site bar/lounge area, indoor pool/whirlpool spa, fitness room, complimentary business center, meeting/conference rooms (catering services available) and free parking. Sundries and other goodies are available for purchase at our 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (also on-site at our hotel). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Billings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Billings Hotel Billings
- Hilton Billings
- Hilton Garden Inn Billings Montana