“Great Location, Outstanding hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Billings
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel does a great job taking care of their customers. The location is ideal, very quiet and near lots of different restaurants and stores. Make sure you stay here when you are in Billings. I always do

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The entire staff (day shift & night shift) are outstanding. Always work to help the guest as we arrive at the desk, early or late. The staff at the restaurant are very efficient and do an excellent job of taking care of all of the diners. Hotel accommodations are excellent. My thanks to you all there at Hilton Garden Inn, Billings, MT. I will be back, and certainly recommend your facility to anyone who wants to stay at a fantastic hotel. Jimmy Williams

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed one night and would recommend highly. Extremely clean and up to date. Excellent computer area. Breakfast buffet outstanding There are several restaurants within walking distance. We ate supper at a nearby pizza place that was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel staff was very courteous, professional and friendly! The accommodations were excellent and we will definitely return again! We requested and were granted a late checkout at 1:00 pm. The breakfast options were excellent! Thanks very much to everyone at the Billings Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed for two nights, on a Saturday and on the following Friday. Reception staff are very friendly and helpful. They recommended a nce restaurant within walking distance, reserved a table for us and gave us vouchers for a free drink each. They also offered to hold my web shopping purchases from my first stay, so that I could pick them up on my second stay.
Room was very clean and large. We liked the bed and got a good night's sleep. There is an indoor pool, a nice fitness room and an office with 2 desktops and a printer which was ready for use with ink/toner and paper. Also pens, pencils and notepaper are present. The temperature in the office was the only setback, it must have been 90+ degrees!
Our second stay was also pleasant. My purchases had arrived in good order, so May felt like Xmas... Our room was adjacent to a room which held technical equipment, like an electrical transformer, generator, elevator engine or whatever. This equipment produced a background noise that one could hear especially at night, when there was silence. It wasn't bad enough to keep me awake all night, but I could have done without it. The room itself was excellent once again. During our stay we didn't have any meals here, so no comments on that.

Room Tip: Check the rooms next to yours, especially if you are used to total silence at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on a Caravan Tour to Yellowstone Park. The room was absolutely beautiful, sparkling clean, updated and modern. It had a microwave and Kuerig Coffeemaker, two queen beds and two comfortable chairs. There is a pool and exercise room on the main floor as well as a restaurant, The Great American Grill where we had a delicious breakfast. There was coffee and ice water available in the lobby, as well as ice water. There were often cookies available as well. The hotel is near several restaurants and a department store, as well as a Costco which are all within a five minute walking distance. The staff at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dot d d
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just spent 17 nights here, and overall an okay stay. The average lodger isn't going to be staying for two+ weeks, and if you're staying for a night or two, it's a nice property. Overall, the service was good, the facility is above average. Because of the length of my stay, at request I got breakfast vouchers which saved me $170 - that alone is enough to recommend this property. It took some needling and I spend 300+ nights a year in hotels, so I wouldn't expect this if you're a casual traveler - Hilton properties are fourth in line for where I stay, so this was more of a professional courtesy, at least that's the way I took it.

From best to worst, here's my take:

1) I tipped housekeeping a dollar a day and they did every single thing I asked. Yes, they would probably do this without a tip, but if you want specific things done, leave a buck and a note and it will get done.

2) The breakfast - both food and service - are really good here. For business travelers, keep in mind that tours stay here nightly, so for more than two weeks the breakfast area was full of retired folk between 630 and 8, so you best not be in a huge hurry when hitting b'fast if you want an omelet or some time. There is a set-up where you can get coffee/oj/cereal/oatmeal asap, but if you want more than that be prepared to spend 15 minutes. The service was very good. Most mornings I sat at the bar and Carla gave me top-notch service, the kind I would have expected at dinner service but was nonexistent there.

3) Front desk worked with me on a few issues I had - for a one- or two-night stay, this wouldn't be relevant but if you're going to stay for awhile, it is. They work to make things right.

4) Keurig in-room.

Now the bad....

1) Nightly supper and room-service are terrible. I had three meals paid for by hotel due to how late they were or how bad they were. They were understaffed for night service the entire time I was there. Waitress laughed off my gripe that there were kids in dining area without shoes or shirts my fourth night there, even though I was waiting on a $26 steak. I stay in many places and get that business travelers and tourists have two different expectations - shirts and shoes in the eating areas should be standard, regardless of the caliber of hotel.

2) Hilton ran a double-points promo in May, but desk staff didn't let me know til the end of my stay that this property wasn't participating. In fairness to the Guest Manager, I've emailed him about this and he is looking into a way to remedy it, so I take him at his word on this. That said, my room bill was more than $2K, which is a lot when you start talking double-points or lack therof.

3) I hate the adjustable beds. The mattress was hard as a rock, and even when softened it never felt right. Hampton beds are some of my favorites, which made this that much more strange.

1  Thank Coolihoma