“Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Billings
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Business Hotel”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I would consider this hotel a high end motel. It's not your Hilton/Marriott properties but it gets the job done. It's clean, the people are helpful and the breakfast at Stellas is unbelievable! Overall, I would stay there again on business without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. You are correct in that we are not a Hilton/Marriot style property but what we lack in brand name and style we try to make up through great service, clean rooms, actual high speed WiFi, and a place for business and leisure travelers to relax and get any needed work done. Thank you for the great comments and I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reviewed 17 October 2013

BW Clocktower in Billings, Mt is well located, easy walking distance to several attractions. Hotel has all necessary amenities (pool & spa, athletic center) situated right next to an excellent "bakery" restaurant for fabulous breakfasts and lunches and quite near to nice dining. Staff are exceptional and very helpful. We've been staying there for over 30 years. Renovated rooms are a pleasure to stay in, flatscreen TV's, Wifi, nice lobby with fireplace.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

DebbeD777,
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support. We are always trying to invest into our property so guests always have a clean, comfortable, and up to date stay at our property. Hope to see you again after we finish some major projects such as our new pool and new elevator.
Zurich
Reviewed 15 October 2013

On our trip through the USA Northwest, we stayed one night in the BW Plus Clocktower Inn in Billings. The location in the heart of the city is perfect. Although it is a big hotel, everything is well maintained and perfectly organized. Our room was nice, clean and quiet and we liked the excellent quality of the beds. There is a pretty outdoor pool situated in a kind of a patio of the hotel. They don't offer complimentary breakfast, but the hotel-own restaurant "Stella's Kitchen and Bakery" offers a big variety of food. We liked this place very much and we would come back for sure should we return to Billings. For Dinner try the restaurant "BIN 119", at walking distance from the hotel. It's modern, different from others and it offers great food.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Wernero,
Thank you for choosing our property and I am glad we did not disappoint. It is also great to see that you enjoyed everything our property had to offer from our heated outdoor pool situated in a private area to all the great downtown restaurants within walking distance such as Bin 119. I hope you enjoyed your Northwest tour of the states.
lethbridge
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I chose this location because I wanted to walk to the Alberta Bair Theatre for a concert. Easy walking distance for a healthy walker. Lots of places to eat and drink close by so don't have to worry about driving anywhere. Good value with AMA card. Stayed 2 nights, had a horrible sleep the first night with some loud re-occurring squealing noise all night long - which I could not track down - possible from the roof area? I was on a 2nd floor room. I went to the front desk the next morning and they switched me rooms - which was much much better and got some sleep the 2nd night. In hindsight I should have called the front desk that first night and I'm sure they would have changed me rooms. The front desk staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The wifi signal was good. Overall was a good value and good location for downtown Billings.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor if you won't want to climb a short flight of stairs - they also have inside...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
nirt,
I am sorry about the first nights sleep as we want to make sure every night is a good one which is why we would have remedied the problem or offered you a different room. With that said I am glad the second night was much better and that you had a great time at our downtown location which, as you stated, is only 3 blocks from the Alberta Bair Theater. I hope you come back again as we are currently undergoing an upgrade in our WiFi to100 mbps and we are installing a second elevator to service the other section of our property. Once again thank you for your comments and hope you come back.
Felton, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The working staff at this motel are great. This motel has been here for some time but you would never know it upon entering your room. Every thing was like new in our room the bed the furniture very large screen TV. Bathroom like new. The motel is very close to many very good restaurant

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Michael Z,
You are correct that our property is older which limits what we can do to the physical layout, but it doesn't mean we can't make sure our rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our 42" flat screen TV's as well as all the furniture as well as the pillow top bed. I hope you come back to visit as there are always great new restaurants opening within walking distance.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The Best Western Clock Tower Inn exceeded my expectations. My room was located on the second floor (above parking lot) and opened up on to a courtyard with the pool, pots of flowers and trees. You find artwork on dislay as well. The room was recently remodeled and comfortable. They have an agreement with seveal local restaurants where I recived a discount on my meal too. I arrived tired at the midpoint of a long driving route and left refreshed.

Room Tip: THe hotel did a great job im making my room quiet. I was on the second floor with a wall on the stre...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Liam92656
Liam92656,
Thank you for the great review. We try to make sure every stay is a great one which is why we are pleased to hear you left refreshed and ready for the second part of your trip. Once again thank you for your wonderful comments.
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Cannot say enough about the helpfulness of the staff in regards to keeping my dog (a Great Pyrenees) comfortable and happy! Everyone went out of their way to help me with some challenging timing and logistics issues. On their service alone, they should get 5 stars. The room was also nicely decorated and comfortable, and the grounds were very well-maintained. Will stay here every time I'm in Billings!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Lisa T,
Your pup was a welcomed and lovable guest behind our front desk while you were at work, and if you ever have to travel down here again for work don't hesitate in bring her along. Once again thank you for your nice review and hope you have a great week.