“Don't judge a book by its cover!”

Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Upon pulling into the parking lot, I was sure that my coworker had reserved us rooms at yet another "dump". It had been a long day of travel and I just wanted to sleep. When I walked into my room, it was like there was angels singing! The bed was very very comfortable, the jetted tub was amazing and the room was so clean! To top it off, breakfast at Stella's the next morning, it made my stay amazing!! I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for the great comments and I am glad you trusted your coworker and were pleasantly surprised. While our structure may not be the norm now and days we make sure our rooms are as up to date and moderns as any you will find. We hope you come back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

At check in, we were very please with all information provided. Also we asked where we should go to eat and were directed to T-Joes - just one exit away from where we were staying. Directions were given and we went and enjoyed steak like it is meant to be - scrumptious. Also very personable wait staff. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I would consider this hotel a high end motel. It's not your Hilton/Marriott properties but it gets the job done. It's clean, the people are helpful and the breakfast at Stellas is unbelievable! Overall, I would stay there again on business without a doubt.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. You are correct in that we are not a Hilton/Marriot style property but what we lack in brand name and style we try to make up through great service, clean rooms, actual high speed WiFi, and a place for business and leisure travelers to relax and get any needed work done. Thank you for the great comments and I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

BW Clocktower in Billings, Mt is well located, easy walking distance to several attractions. Hotel has all necessary amenities (pool & spa, athletic center) situated right next to an excellent "bakery" restaurant for fabulous breakfasts and lunches and quite near to nice dining. Staff are exceptional and very helpful. We've been staying there for over 30 years. Renovated rooms are a pleasure to stay in, flatscreen TV's, Wifi, nice lobby with fireplace.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

DebbeD777,
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support. We are always trying to invest into our property so guests always have a clean, comfortable, and up to date stay at our property. Hope to see you again after we finish some major projects such as our new pool and new elevator.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

On our trip through the USA Northwest, we stayed one night in the BW Plus Clocktower Inn in Billings. The location in the heart of the city is perfect. Although it is a big hotel, everything is well maintained and perfectly organized. Our room was nice, clean and quiet and we liked the excellent quality of the beds. There is a pretty outdoor pool situated in a kind of a patio of the hotel. They don't offer complimentary breakfast, but the hotel-own restaurant "Stella's Kitchen and Bakery" offers a big variety of food. We liked this place very much and we would come back for sure should we return to Billings. For Dinner try the restaurant "BIN 119", at walking distance from the hotel. It's modern, different from others and it offers great food.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Wernero,
Thank you for choosing our property and I am glad we did not disappoint. It is also great to see that you enjoyed everything our property had to offer from our heated outdoor pool situated in a private area to all the great downtown restaurants within walking distance such as Bin 119. I hope you enjoyed your Northwest tour of the states.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I chose this location because I wanted to walk to the Alberta Bair Theatre for a concert. Easy walking distance for a healthy walker. Lots of places to eat and drink close by so don't have to worry about driving anywhere. Good value with AMA card. Stayed 2 nights, had a horrible sleep the first night with some loud re-occurring squealing noise all night long - which I could not track down - possible from the roof area? I was on a 2nd floor room. I went to the front desk the next morning and they switched me rooms - which was much much better and got some sleep the 2nd night. In hindsight I should have called the front desk that first night and I'm sure they would have changed me rooms. The front desk staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The wifi signal was good. Overall was a good value and good location for downtown Billings.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor if you won't want to climb a short flight of stairs - they also have inside...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

nirt,
I am sorry about the first nights sleep as we want to make sure every night is a good one which is why we would have remedied the problem or offered you a different room. With that said I am glad the second night was much better and that you had a great time at our downtown location which, as you stated, is only 3 blocks from the Alberta Bair Theater. I hope you come back again as we are currently undergoing an upgrade in our WiFi to100 mbps and we are installing a second elevator to service the other section of our property. Once again thank you for your comments and hope you come back.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The working staff at this motel are great. This motel has been here for some time but you would never know it upon entering your room. Every thing was like new in our room the bed the furniture very large screen TV. Bathroom like new. The motel is very close to many very good restaurant

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Michael Z,
You are correct that our property is older which limits what we can do to the physical layout, but it doesn't mean we can't make sure our rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our 42" flat screen TV's as well as all the furniture as well as the pillow top bed. I hope you come back to visit as there are always great new restaurants opening within walking distance.