“Much more than I expected.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Shepherd, Montana
“Much more than I expected.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Traveling into Billings for the rodeo I decided to stay in town for one night rather than drive home tired, for two hours in the dark and snow. I booked a room at a 'cheap rate' website and was therefore expecting to be put in the least comfortable and most out of the way room (which would be fair enough), but was concerned about what the standard would be like. On check in I was chatting to the receptionist and told him this was my first night off from baby duty in over a year and that I would appreciate the quietest room he was able to give me. He was so kind and thoughtful that he gave me an upgrade and put me in an absolutely super double room. It was a great sized room even with the huge bed that was in it and also had an enormous shower with underfloor heating (seriously luxurious). Other plus points: immaculately clean, great choice of pillows on the bed, tons of piping hot water, lots of pristine towels, even hair conditioner as well as shampoo! I know other reviewers have complained about the noise of heaters but I really liked being able to set the temperature of the room myself. Yes the heater came on and off during such a cold night, but it wasn't bothersome and I was as warm as toast! It was a real treat of a night for me and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gree_Travel
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Gree_Travel,
I hope you are back safely, enjoying the holiday season with your family and baby. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your night at our property, and that we were able to upgrade you to one of our newly remodeled rooms which does have heated flooring. Hope you come back again and visit us in the summer when our outdoor heated pool is open.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The Best Western in Billings, Montana is an older hotel which has been well maintained. The rooms are large and comfortable, with good bedding, towels, TVs, and strong WiFi. The guest laundry is convenient and inexpensive. The design is somewhat odd for a location that gets such harsh winter weather as the open courtyards expose every room to the elements and meant a lot of shovelling for staff. This also meant that the heater in my room, although kept at the 68 degrees the hotel had it preset at, came on every 3 to 5 minutes all night long due to the fact the temperature outside was 3 degrees.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Brent B,

Thank you for taking the time to let us, and others know about your stay. We agree with you that our layout is not as conducive in -23 F weather as it is in 90 F weather, and are looking at what improvements we can make to ensure every guests stay is pleasant when temperatures drop so drastically. If you are looking for rooms with an enclosed hallway you should check out our business king rooms which are in an interior corridor.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

When I arrived in Billings it was snowing quite seriously. This did not pose a problem for the shuttle pick up at the airport. I had a great stay at the Clock Tower, the room was spacious and comfortable. Linens were amazing and shower was always hot. I absolutely appreciated being in the middle of town and in walking distance to all the big restaurants, brew pubs, and night spots. I felt well taken care of by Ed, a Clock Tower employee, who was available to shuttle me to locations throughout the town and back to the airport for my departure. I would most definitely return to the Clock Tower on my next visit to Billings.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Jane N,

I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay and you enjoyed our downtown location which is situated among many of the best restaurants and nightlife venues Billings has to offer. It is also great to see our Chief Engineer Ed took such great care of you and made sure you got to where you needed to be. Once again I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back again.
Sheridan, Wyoming, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Our most resent stay at the Clock Tower Inn was outstanding. Check-In took less than three minutes and the room was outstanding. We had a king size bed wonderful with a large room. For the price I do not think you can find a better deal in Bilings, Mt. Stallas next door provides the best breakfast in Billings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank williamo727
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
williamo727,

As much as enjoy chatting with all our guests we know you have people to see and places to go which is why we try to make our check in process quick and easy. I am glad you enjoyed your room and we hope you come back again to see us.
Sidney, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I would like to give a huge "Thank you" to the manager, cleaning person (Theresa?) and staff at the Clock Tower. We love staying right downtown and within walking distance of so many fun places when we come to town from NE Montana on business. Without noticing, we had forgotten our company checkbook in the room after checking out and didn't notice until passing back through two days later, so I called and was so very thankful that the cleaning person was such an honest enough person to have turned it in to the manager for safe-keeping, which he actually kept in his office instead of the Lost-and-Found. We SO appreciated it! About the only place we stay when going to Billings and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling. Very clean, welcoming staff and nice to know they always have your back! Thanks again and will be back soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
StacyB1232013,

I am so glad to hear you enjoy or property and our great location. I am also really glad to hear you liked our process for holding lost valuables such as check books or jewelry as we understand that if we lost one of those items we would want it kept safe which is why we have a great staff as they care and think about the guest. Once again Thank you for the Kind words and for the wonderful new boat you purchased for us ;) just joking.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very good accomodations - high speed internet would work on iPhone but not my laptop and not very "high speed" but functional. Overall a very good place to stay on business and close to most restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher B,

I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations, but do apologize for the inconvenience with regards to the complimentary WiFi not working on your laptop. I would like to let you know we have upgraded from a 40 up and 40 down pipe to a 100 mbps pipe which should allow for increased speed during high demand times. Once again thank you for taking the time to let us and others know about your stay.
Great Falls, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The downtown location is great, the price is reasonable but the service is EXCEPTIONAL! They went out of their way to make sure our stay was great! The restaurant (breakfast) is top notch and so many evening locales that are fabulous are so close. Pet friendly and People Pleasing!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Debra E,
Thank you for the kind comments and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We believe once a guest is in the hotel room and the lights are out we all look the same which means service is where we can really shine. Once again thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay and we hope you come back and visit.