“Well Taken Care of Older Hotel”

Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Best Western was very well taken care of. You could tell it's an older "Motor Lodge" but the place it very well taken care of, there has been a lot of time and effort spent on flowers and landscaping. The room was clean, and although the mattresses are older, they were comfortable. Small bathrooms. The on-site restaurant, Stella's" is fantastic!!! I wish I could have tried more of the menu. They have a ton of delicious bakery offerings. I also like the fact that there were several restaurant options within walking distance for dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Annalee W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a tripadvisor review.  I am glad to read that you enjoyed Stella's as well as the upgrades and hope you will come back again and enjoy our newest renovated rooms which have been designed for the modern traveler.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for a training and to do some sales calls in the Billings area. The room was exceptional! The bed was extremely comfortable and all of the staff that I cam across was extremely helpful and very professional!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Renee H,
I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during training and that everything was to your liking from the rooms to our awesome staff. I hope you come back to visit again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

During our visit to Yellow Stones and Grand Teton, we stayed at a few different hotels. Since we flew to Billings we stayed there on the first and last nights of our trip. These nights were definitely the best. For our last night there, the staff was very helpful to assist us for an update to a room by the swimming pool. It felt so luxurious after feeling cramped info small and expensive rooms near the National Park!
From our drivers to the airport to people at the reception, all the staff was very friendly and helpful. A young man (originally from Billings) picked us up in the evening at Billings's airport. He was our first connection to the hotel and extremely helpful. He walked our luggage up the stairs to our room while we were checking in. This hotel offers great attention to details to make their guests very comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast at Stella, next door.
I just wish we had more time to enjoy other amenities the hotel was offering such as the fitness room.

Room Tip: Very much worth the update by the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our excellent accommodations and our friendly, professional staff. We all pride ourselves on top notch service for our guests, so your comments are most welcome.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us. We are looking forward to your next visit to Billings!

Regards,

Steve Wahrlich

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was delighted with the Clocktower Inn in Billings, MT. Very pet friendly, and I try to always travel with my dog. They provided a container for water for the dogs, with poop pick-up bags (they also had a station in the pet area with bags and a garbage can for disposal), and dog treats. There is a special dog area with artificial turf that my dog rejected, but plenty of areas away from the motel for walking him. Stella's, the restaurant next to the hotel, serves breakfast and lunch. I forgot to ask for the motel discount, but it was very affordable and has been voted best breakfast place in Billings for many years. My room (I requested a single) was very adequate in size with a separate sink area away from the bathtub and toilet. Lots of lighting, electric outlets, a desk, and excellent wi-fi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Daleeva

Our Director's Of Goodwill (D.O.G's) wouldn't allow our four legged guests to have any less of a great stay as our two legged guests which is why we include some special treats for the dogs. I am also glad to read you also enjoyed your room and that it was clean and accommodating as we believe you should not be able to tell the difference between a "pet friendly" room and a one that isn't.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel was extremely clean. I checked the bed (under the bedding) when I got there and everything was clean and in excellent condition. The bed was a pillow top king and was AMAZINGLY comfortable with lots of super soft and wonderful pillows. I slept better than I do at home.

The maid service was good, and everyone was courteous and helpful. The grounds were clean and the pool area is REALLY nice. I like that they cover the pool at night so that no one can splash around and make noise when others are sleeping.

The garage was small, and the entrance to the rooms was a tad confusing at first. Turns out that the rooms (most of them) are above the garage, in a really cool courtyard 4-sided fort like area with a pool in the middle and open sky, so it felt like an oasis hidden in the city.

You need a keycard to access the stairs and elevators. That made me feel extremely safe since parts of the neighborhood (downtown near the bus station) are iffy looking at night. The garage was lit SO well at night that not even a mouse could hide in a shadow, so when I returned late one night, I still felt 100% safe.

The rooms all have black out curtains so if you want to sleep in, you don't have to worry about the sunshine. The television was huge and a flat screen, and they have free wifi.

Stella's restaurant attached to the building is REALLY good (famous in Billings for their baked goods) and there is a Starbucks 2 blocks away in the Crowne building, so I had food and coffee covered.

The price was excellent considering the comfort and cleanliness of the room was on par with a Hilton Astoria or a Marriott.

I will definitely stay here again if I go back to Billings, and recommend it to anyone looking for a soft comfy bed, a safe room and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: I assume the top floor (rooms starting with 2) mean you don't have foot steps above your head. N...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

You sure know how to put a smile on our faces. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to fill out such a wonderful review of your stay. I can assure you, we love having you as our guest just as much. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a nice facility... clean, convenient, comfortable bed, refrigerator in the room, very friendly staff. Two irritants:1) the TV didn't support captioning, and 2) there was no microwave in the room. The only microwave was in the main office and was located in a back room. The microwave was dirty.

Room Tip: There are 3 wings. Try to get in the wing where the main office is located.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

676donaldh,
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the confusion about the captioning as our TV's do support captioning, but because of the clean remotes we use it can be somewhat confusing though we are always happy to send someone to lend a helping hand. As for the microwave, you are correct in that we do not have any in the rooms as many people decide they are best served for science experiments, but I am happy to read the staff was able to accommodate your request by providing access to the staff's back office microwave which is cleaned nightly.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Spent 3 nights here while in town for a memorial service. As requested, we had a quiet upper end room. Nicely updated, clean and very comfortable. Better than average coffee pods in room. Helpful front desk. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your time in writing your review about the ClockTower Inn. Our goal is to provide you with the best customer care/service possible in all aspects of the hotel. We hope to see you return for a future stay!