“Very nice except strong smoke smell”

BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Portland, OR
“Very nice except strong smoke smell”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The staff was very friendly. I was in a non-smoking room, but it smelled of smoke so terribly. It's a shame because everything in the room was fairly new and clean. If you're very sensitive to smoke, I suggest you check the room before committing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
bethana,
I am very sorry about the smoking odor in the room. We try very hard to ensure no one smokes in the room but sometimes they do or some will smoke right in front of their room with the door open or right in front of their AC. I apologize for us not catching this odor as we want every guests stay to be a pleasant one and the odor of smoke is very unpleasant. I hope you will give us another chance as I am sure we will do better in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Lovely central hotel in the twin central, good clean rooms with comfy beds, nice pool which again was very clean. If you stay here make sure you have breakfast at Stella's which is opposite the hotel, best breakfast ever!! Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Would stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
maryo297,

Thank you for your time in writing your review about the ClockTower Inn. Our goal is to provide you with the best customer care/service possible in all aspects of the hotel. We hope to see you return for a future stay!
Butte, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Best Western was very well taken care of. You could tell it's an older "Motor Lodge" but the place it very well taken care of, there has been a lot of time and effort spent on flowers and landscaping. The room was clean, and although the mattresses are older, they were comfortable. Small bathrooms. The on-site restaurant, Stella's" is fantastic!!! I wish I could have tried more of the menu. They have a ton of delicious bakery offerings. I also like the fact that there were several restaurant options within walking distance for dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Annalee W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a tripadvisor review.  I am glad to read that you enjoyed Stella's as well as the upgrades and hope you will come back again and enjoy our newest renovated rooms which have been designed for the modern traveler.
Billings, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for a training and to do some sales calls in the Billings area. The room was exceptional! The bed was extremely comfortable and all of the staff that I cam across was extremely helpful and very professional!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Renee H,
I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during training and that everything was to your liking from the rooms to our awesome staff. I hope you come back to visit again.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

During our visit to Yellow Stones and Grand Teton, we stayed at a few different hotels. Since we flew to Billings we stayed there on the first and last nights of our trip. These nights were definitely the best. For our last night there, the staff was very helpful to assist us for an update to a room by the swimming pool. It felt so luxurious after feeling cramped info small and expensive rooms near the National Park!
From our drivers to the airport to people at the reception, all the staff was very friendly and helpful. A young man (originally from Billings) picked us up in the evening at Billings's airport. He was our first connection to the hotel and extremely helpful. He walked our luggage up the stairs to our room while we were checking in. This hotel offers great attention to details to make their guests very comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast at Stella, next door.
I just wish we had more time to enjoy other amenities the hotel was offering such as the fitness room.

Room Tip: Very much worth the update by the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our excellent accommodations and our friendly, professional staff. We all pride ourselves on top notch service for our guests, so your comments are most welcome.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us. We are looking forward to your next visit to Billings!

Regards,

Steve Wahrlich
Casper, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was delighted with the Clocktower Inn in Billings, MT. Very pet friendly, and I try to always travel with my dog. They provided a container for water for the dogs, with poop pick-up bags (they also had a station in the pet area with bags and a garbage can for disposal), and dog treats. There is a special dog area with artificial turf that my dog rejected, but plenty of areas away from the motel for walking him. Stella's, the restaurant next to the hotel, serves breakfast and lunch. I forgot to ask for the motel discount, but it was very affordable and has been voted best breakfast place in Billings for many years. My room (I requested a single) was very adequate in size with a separate sink area away from the bathtub and toilet. Lots of lighting, electric outlets, a desk, and excellent wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Daleeva
Our Director's Of Goodwill (D.O.G's) wouldn't allow our four legged guests to have any less of a great stay as our two legged guests which is why we include some special treats for the dogs. I am also glad to read you also enjoyed your room and that it was clean and accommodating as we believe you should not be able to tell the difference between a "pet friendly" room and a one that isn't.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel was extremely clean. I checked the bed (under the bedding) when I got there and everything was clean and in excellent condition. The bed was a pillow top king and was AMAZINGLY comfortable with lots of super soft and wonderful pillows. I slept better than I do at home.

The maid service was good, and everyone was courteous and helpful. The grounds were clean and the pool area is REALLY nice. I like that they cover the pool at night so that no one can splash around and make noise when others are sleeping.

The garage was small, and the entrance to the rooms was a tad confusing at first. Turns out that the rooms (most of them) are above the garage, in a really cool courtyard 4-sided fort like area with a pool in the middle and open sky, so it felt like an oasis hidden in the city.

You need a keycard to access the stairs and elevators. That made me feel extremely safe since parts of the neighborhood (downtown near the bus station) are iffy looking at night. The garage was lit SO well at night that not even a mouse could hide in a shadow, so when I returned late one night, I still felt 100% safe.

The rooms all have black out curtains so if you want to sleep in, you don't have to worry about the sunshine. The television was huge and a flat screen, and they have free wifi.

Stella's restaurant attached to the building is REALLY good (famous in Billings for their baked goods) and there is a Starbucks 2 blocks away in the Crowne building, so I had food and coffee covered.

The price was excellent considering the comfort and cleanliness of the room was on par with a Hilton Astoria or a Marriott.

I will definitely stay here again if I go back to Billings, and recommend it to anyone looking for a soft comfy bed, a safe room and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: I assume the top floor (rooms starting with 2) mean you don't have foot steps above your head. N...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
You sure know how to put a smile on our faces. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to fill out such a wonderful review of your stay. I can assure you, we love having you as our guest just as much. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!