“Okay”

Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We tried getting into the BW Kelly Inn but it was fully booked and they recommended us going here. We are a family of six and there are certain things we need out of a hotel. Considering it was priced at $150+ taxes (AAA rate) I was very disappointed. First, I guess I expected more from a downtown hotel, it was just a glorified old motel. My first impression was not at all impressed. They only have an outdoor pool, no hot tub (which we love after a long day of driving, our boys braved the cold outdoor pool). The rooms were surprisingly nice and updated, but the walls are thin and because of that "motel" set up, people are constantly walking/talking/laughing outside your windows. There is no breakfast included (a must for us) and we were directed to Stella's in their parking lot ... however nice it was, the additional $50 for breakfast makes for a pricey over-night stay for us. One last thing, when I asked for additional blankets and pillows, I was given them but was also handed pillowcases to do it myself. I found this odd, not a "bad" thing per se, but odd that this simple task could not have been done by housekeeping. I wouldn't stay again, over-priced considering lack of amenities.

1  Thank Tamara C
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Tamara C,

I appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our service. I am sorry you did not enjoy our heated outdoor pool which is normally heated anywhere between 74 and 79 degrees as we do agree a warm pool is always nice to take a dip in.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly. They gave us directions for different attractions and restaurants. Our room was very clean, I loved the brand of shampoos, etc they offered, the décor was very pleasant and we had a big flat screen TV, Internet was somewhat confusing to sign on to, but worked good after we got on.

1  Thank Deborah H
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Deborah H,
I am really glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much that we are the first post you have done on Tripadvisor. We always want our guests to have a great stay and so when we travel we are always keeping an eye out for what other properties have always comparing it to our property. As such I am really glad you enjoyed you stay and hope you come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Be careful of the onsite construction, there is already lack of parking, they are taking up space and making lots of noise. No pool, no food, no AC, no TV remote, stained carpets. You can hear every sound through the walls and everybody parks right outside your window. staff didn't change the sheets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Tyler B,
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations as it is never to our intent for our guests to have a bad stay. I do apologize about the tight parking at night as we are a downtown property sometimes it gets tight and as such we are happy to validate parking for our guests who wish to park across the street in the parking garage. I also do apologize for the pool; We had a heating component break which had to be ordered thus causing our pool to be down during the dates of your stay. lastly I am very sorry you did not enjoy our on-site restaurant, Stella's Kitchen & Bakery as it truly is a can't miss place to eat.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staff was great. We arrived early in the day from the airport (10:00 AM) and needed to store our luggage until later in the day. There was 4 of us and 4 large suitcases. The staff never hesitated in finding a place in their office to keep our bags. We were able to walk around downtown to shop and eat until later in the afternoon. They have some great eating places next door and within a block. We ate at the famous Burger Dive, Jake's Steaks, and Stella's Bakery while we were there. The kids enjoyed the pool on the 2 floor. We will plan on staying there the next time we're in Billings.

Kristina W,

You sure know how to put a smile on our faces. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to fill out such a wonderful review of your stay. I can assure you, we love having you as our guest just as much. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Rooms are clean but the bathrooms areas need updating. Little parking if you come back past 10 pm. No breakfast offered at prices that other hotels offer free breakfast. Pools is cold and the A/c units are noisy,

suem51,
We really appreciate the feedback and we do understand that sometimes our parking can become very tight so we now validate parking for anyone who wants to park across the street in the parking garage. It is by no means a perfect solution but being a downtown location with so many wonderful things within walking distance at least you don't need to drive again. As for the pool it unfortunately had a part to the heater go down but it is now back up and running at heated to mid to high 70's.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The room we had, I believe a king suite, was beautiful, nicely updated and clean. The only problem was it supposedlyy had a heated floor in the bathroom that we couldn't get to work. There was no instructions on how to use it and the desk people and maintenance weren't able to explain it.

Sheila J,
I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback. We have taken your great comment and have made sure all staff are trained on how to operate the awesome heated tile flooring in our Business King rooms.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The staff was very friendly. I was in a non-smoking room, but it smelled of smoke so terribly. It's a shame because everything in the room was fairly new and clean. If you're very sensitive to smoke, I suggest you check the room before committing.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

bethana,
I am very sorry about the smoking odor in the room. We try very hard to ensure no one smokes in the room but sometimes they do or some will smoke right in front of their room with the door open or right in front of their AC. I apologize for us not catching this odor as we want every guests stay to be a pleasant one and the odor of smoke is very unpleasant. I hope you will give us another chance as I am sure we will do better in the future.