“Pleasant surprise”

Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center Billings
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just stayed there last week and was very happy with the service. Their new rooms are outstanding. This is the best value for your money I've seen in a long time. I strongly encourage visiting this hotel - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I saw their suites and they looked amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank shrinerRedLodge_Mt
RLS7777, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks about our newly remodeled rooms. We have just about completed working on all the rooms in the hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next overnight trip to Billings. Thanks again

Reviewed 4 April 2014

A good clean Hotel and has good facilities for a convention. Lacks any type of breakfast included in the price. Excellent lobby area. Swimming pool good and hottub as well. Located right next to the Howard Johnson.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack S
RLS7777, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry we do not offer a free breakfast, as we are a full service hotel with a 3 meal restaurant, lounge and casino. We offer a wonderful variety of menu items at a very reasonable price. I do hope you will consider us again on your next trip to Billings. Thank you again for the kind comments.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for business and personal travel. They have great food, excellent service, and the newly remodeled rooms are beautiful. In addition they have an indoor waterslide and pool that the family really enjoyed. After the kids are settled in they have a great Casino for Mom and Dads' enjoyment. Also, it has great access off of I-90.

Room Tip: They have suites available with hot tubs. It was amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a few minutes to write such kind words about our hotel. I will be sure to pass them along to all of our staff to read. I do hope you enjoyed some time in our casino and went away with a few extra dollars in your pocket. We hope to have you return very soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I just got back from a trip to Arizona. We stayed at the Billings Hotel for 2 nights on the way to Arizona and again on the way back to Montana. The room was very comfortable. The beds were like I have at home...very comfortable. The bath was nice and clean with new tile. The service was great. The staff was friendly and knowledgable about things we asked about. The restaurant put out superb meals for a reasonable price. I would recommend this hotel for discerning people who expect a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking to time to review our hotel on here. It means a lot to us when people take the time to write encouraging words about the hotel and staff. Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Billings.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Bad, just bad. The property appears to be an old Clarion Hotel as evident from the back side of the current signage. As I lay on my bed looking at the ceiling, I wondered just what shape it was in when the current owners took it over. The ceiling looked like it may have collapsed and been fixed, poorly I might add. It appeared the renovations were nothing more than a gallon of paint and some saran wrap which they used for carpet runners. The staff were stuck up snobs and no more helpful than the rocks in the parking lot. Stay away, there are plenty of other available properties in Billings. The nightly rate should be the weekly rate.

Room Tip: Go a block down the street to the next property.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RLS7777, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

I had an opportunity to correspond with this guest after reading his review. I do appreciate him taking the time to respond back to me and inform me of his concerns. He was, unfortunately in one of rooms that have not been renovated yet. We are in the final states of a 5 million dollar renovation of the hotel that has been ongoing but almost completed.
We also discussed his comments about staff attitudes. This will be addressed with managers and staff alike now that I have more information on what the concerns were.
Again, I appreciate him taking the time to review here on TripAdvisor and also to respond back to me with more details so me may work on correcting these concerns.
I am hoping when this guest comes to Billings again, he gives our property another opportunity to serve him.
Ron Spence

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

You can sum it all up with one word! WOW! The staff and management team are the most helpful people I've ever ran across! Every employee I encountered went out of their way to assist me and whatever I needed. Starting from the time that I called the hotel for their free shuttle to pick me up at the airport and until I left Billings they made me feel like I was special not just a guest! The front desk was so busy when I checked in but they acknowledged every one. Although my room was quite a distance away from the lobby when walking to the lounge I was greeted in the hallways by three employees all asking me how I was doing and or was I enjoying my stay. The friendliness and courteousness were absolutely exemplary. This all in a day and age where customer service no longer seems to exist The Billings Hotel seems to stand alone!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank boobal00
RLS7777, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I can only say WOW....thank you for such kind words. I will be sure that our entire staff sees the great things you wrote about the Billings Hotel and Convention Center. We hope to have you back as our guest very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The place is run down and in need of a serious overhaul. My wife and I and young kids stayed because of the water slide. After one quick look around the pool I could clearly see that it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. There were stains in the hot tub and water slide that had to have been neglected for months. I didn't dare get in the water but my kids jumped right in complaining of how cold it was. We gathered our things quickly and were told to use the towels provided in the pool area.............you guessed it.....no towels! I still can't get the picture out of my mind of how foamy the hot tub was from dirty water. It looked like a huge snow cone of pee foam!

The hallways were very dirty and wreaked of cigerette smoke.

Go anywhere else in Billings but here.

On a side note the beds were fine, the bedding was gross but pillows were comfy.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane E

I am sorry you did not find our pool area up to your standards. We did have an issue over a 2 day period with the boiler/heater in our pool. It has since been repaired and we do not expect to have these issues again. Your comments about the pool are not being cleaned correctly have been addressed by our staff. We do hope you would give the hotel another chance for your business in the future.